PDA

View Full Version : Intersting things to do in Calgary

colinderksen
09-13-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I need some cool ideas for things to do in Calgary. Like a first date type idea. Such as walk around Stephen Ave., Walk Prince's Island Park. Check out that TD square downtown. Skate at Oval or Outdoor skating at Bowness Park, Walk Glenmore Park or That park at the end of elbow. Those paths down around the river downtown. Golf dome, go carts, And so on
Things that a lot of people don't know about, especially if you didnt grow up in Calgary. Want to try and keep busy this winter seeing new stuff and being out and about and checking out the things I haven't seen or things I don't know about.

FiveFreshFish
09-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Ride the bike paths before winter hits.

abyss
09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
My brother had his first date with his now wife in Prince's Island Park. He proposed to her at that same location, and they also got their wedding pictures taken at that very same spot. I know you just are looking for a first date place, but it's very beautiful there, the only thing you have to worry about this time of year is the weather. It could end up being a very nice memory for you. If it's too cold you could always swing over to Eau Claire there's always something interesting going on there.

GTS Jeff
09-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Go to the science centre and you can use the moving camera to spy on people in apartments in the area. It has a nice zoom too.

dennisaur
09-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Go to the science centre and you can use the moving camera to spy on people in apartments in the area. It has a nice zoom too.

:rofl: lol i'm actually almost tempted to try this

Lex350
09-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Get a room in Motel Village!

LOL:poosie:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Go down by the Multi, and play Spoons.

How that works is, all the prostitutes down there are really dirty and don't really have pimps. So you drive by with a handful of spoons from Value Village and throw them at hookers you pass. (One spoon per hooker) If you hit the dirty hooker, you win. If you miss, however, you have to get out of the car and go get the spoon! Hilarity ensues from angry dirty prostitute.

Ramdawg
09-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Nothing to do

GTS Jeff
09-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by dennisaur

:rofl: lol i'm actually almost tempted to try this

I've done it twice now!! It makes a great date activity. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AJL
09-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl
Go down by the Multi, and play Spoons.

How that works is, all the prostitutes down there are really dirty and don't really have pimps. So you drive by with a handful of spoons from Value Village and throw them at hookers you pass. (One spoon per hooker) If you hit the dirty hooker, you win. If you miss, however, you have to get out of the car and go get the spoon! Hilarity ensues from angry dirty prostitute.
hahaha, you made my day! Thats hilarious :rofl:

finboy
09-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

I've done it twice now!! It makes a great date activity. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:hijack:

jeff, nice use of the old school sig :thumbsup: