PDA

View Full Version : Car On Fire On Highway 2 South

hockeybronx
09-13-2005, 09:33 PM
At about 8:15pm Tuesday night, I was driving North on Highway 2 from High River to Calgary after a fishing trip.

After two cop cars ripped by me on the highway I knew something was up. Before long I saw a huge cloud of smoke and upon approaching I saw a car on the shoulder of the Southbound side absolutely engulfed in flames.

My boys from the Fire Department (Okotoks I think, maybe Calgary) were already on scene. I decided to park and get out of my car a safe distance away and take some pictures. Within 5 mintues the firefighters had the fire out and were checking the car over for any more sparks.

The entire Southbound side of Highway 2 was closed for at least 15 minutes, when I left it was still blocked by a Fire Truck, and Cop Cars.

Anybody else see it. Here are some pictures, they are pretty dark but it was quite a sight to see for me.

hockeybronx
09-13-2005, 09:34 PM

unfocus
09-13-2005, 09:36 PM
wow thats insane.. wonder what happend

hockeybronx
09-13-2005, 09:37 PM

hockeybronx
09-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah there was no other car there so it wasn't a collision, and the car was on the road fine so it wasn't a rollover or anything.

My guess is that it just overheated or something sparked within. The Firefighers were in no hurry to look inside and they took their time with the hose so I'm guessing the driver already safely made it out of the vehicle before the entire car went under flames.

I wish I could take better pictures at night:banghead:

AJL
09-13-2005, 09:46 PM
If I know alot of the guys that work for the Okotoks FD. All good guys. (Most likely same with the Calgary FD)
Glad there didnt seem to be anyone hurt. I remember on the same stretch of highway last year I drove by an RV englufed in flames. Crazy...

heinz256
09-14-2005, 06:50 PM
reminds me of that video clip of the golf goin on fire