PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount amp? '94 Integra

GSR Zero
09-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey all,

Any suggestions on where to mount an amp in a 94 Integra? This amp is running my 4 speakers so I don't have a sub box to mount it to. I'd rather not mount it to the back of the fold down seats. I've though of mounting the amp on a piece of wood but can't really find a spot to secure the wood to. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be ideal. Thanks!

GSR

DC2
09-14-2005, 10:12 AM
i have heard of ppl putting it where the spare tire is..
just be careful. integs and civics tend to collect water there. but its nice and discreet

dDUB
09-14-2005, 10:20 AM
im not sure how the trunk in an integra works but in my sir they mounted the amp on the back of the back seat, it looks really clean and minimizes the ammount of wires you see

NightRyder
09-14-2005, 10:25 AM
i just put it between my sub box and back seat cuz i didnt wanna drill it in either... but if u dont have a sub box, then i guess that could be a problem...

u know, it really makes no diff if u drill it in tho, when u take the amp out, if u rub over the carpet with your hand, the hole just disappears. :)

stevieo
09-14-2005, 01:31 PM
under the driver or passengers seat would work too?

Weapon_R
09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
If its a larger amp, under the seat may hinder your ability to move it forward and back.

The best place to mount it IMO is on the rear fold down seat. It's the best place to mount it because it does not restrict your trunkspace and is hidden easily with the privacy cover. You cannot mount it where the spare tire is as water will collect there during winter and you cannot get an amp wet.

If you really don't want to mount it to the rear seat, put a thin square piece of wood underneath the carpet and factory supplied plywood, and secure the amp so that it is held in place by the wood. Confusing, yes - look below:

AMP _______
carpet _______
plywood _______
own wood _______

Jonathan@TCS
09-14-2005, 03:58 PM
There are a few options depending on the size of your amp. I think the back of the seats is the best for the average person. Otherwise the Spare tire well. Unless your car has a leak, it shouldn't be a problem. Also I have done a few where you carpet a piece of wood and attach it to one of the side panels in the back corner of the trunk.