PDA

View Full Version : Silvia/240sx bodyparts compatibility + WTB:headlights

DuPont
09-14-2005, 08:08 PM
A friend of mine just picked up a '90 Silvia K with a little front end damage. I'm going to be fixing it for him, but I don't know a lot about Silvias/240s.
Anybody know what parts are interchangeable? Is a 240s rebar/bumper support, and any other parts compatable with a Silvia?

Anyway, I'm going to need a set of headlights for it, and possibly a grill.

Any help would be appreciated.:thumbsup:

86max
09-14-2005, 10:19 PM
You could buy a new front clip for around $800 if you need fenders and hood as well?

Rebar should be the same as a 240, but I think the silvia one weighs about half as much. Other than that, nothing is interchangeable unless you convert to pop-up headlights.

I think boost infested has a spare set of headlights, could be wrong though.

Lo)2enz0
09-14-2005, 10:58 PM
the rebar is also a wee bit shorter on the silvias.

but it is cheaper just to buy a noise clip if you need all of those parts.

DuPont
09-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
but it is cheaper just to buy a noise clip if you need all of those parts.

Thanks guys, thats just the thing though, I don't need a whole front clip, the hood is still good, and only one fender is damaged, but repairable. If I can I'd like to just pick-up some headlights, a grill, and use a 240s rebar+brackets, and just reapir the rest.
Thanks again.

Zephyr
09-16-2005, 03:07 AM
eBay is your good friend. 240sx parts and Silvia front end parts are not really mix and matchable, they need to work with themselves and you can't mix. The front bumper support on the silvia is lighter than the 240sx and I believe it's also smaller.

Headlights run for like 100ish a set and the Silvia center piece you can get for less than 20 bucks. Make sure the headlight brackets aren't damaged too.

DuPont
09-26-2005, 07:01 PM
You all were right. The Silvia rebar is lighter, shorter, and SO much weaker.
The 240 rebar is completly different and requires quite a bit of modification to work with the Silvia bumper, but the added strength is worth the work.

I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a cutoff wheel, a drill, and a die grinder.
The Silvia rebar is so frail compared to the 240 I would hate to see a JDM S13 after a higher speed front impact.

I can almost respect Transport Canadas' decision to ban the sale of EVO 8s in Canada.

240droptop
09-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by DuPont

I can almost respect Transport Canadas' decision to ban the sale of EVO 8s in Canada.

you take that back now :guns:

DuPont
09-26-2005, 07:16 PM
I know, I feel like a chump saying that but seriously, If I had a JDM car I'd feel a whole lot safer with a USDM rebar.....only to protect the CA18 :poosie:

BokCh0y
09-27-2005, 09:08 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :werd:

well said.