PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1977 VW Wesfalia

raptor_20
09-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Posting for a friend

1977 VW Westfalia for sale! This is a deluxe model. I’ve had this van since June this year, and have taken all over BC and Alberta. Although I have loved it completely (affectionately named Daisy), I’ve recently took a job overseas and must sell. She has 72687miles with a type 4 ‘pancake’ engine. Everything works – inside and out! Comes with cooler, cassette player, child’s hammock for in the cab, removable table, original VW manual, as well as a ‘do it yourself’ repair book. Top pops up to provide additional sleeping area for two, and the canvas is in great shape with just a small hole below the window screen. I have slept in the top bunk when it has rained, and it sheds water nicely.

The engine has had a few minor repairs since being in my care (ie. Valve adjustment, oil changes, fuel injectors cleaned) but is currently running well. It is an air-cooled, fuel-injected, type-4 pancake engine. It drips some oil (which most due at this age), and may need rebuilding in the future to help it get over the mountains better. It loses a fair bit of power over the mountains in BC, but I still managed to pass quite a few trucks going up the hills.

The van has original curtains and upholstery which is all in good shape, except for the driver’s seat which could use some re-upholstering. The front seats are the original horse-hair and would be much more comfortable if foam was put in to replace…I was quoted $200 for the set to have foam inserted and be re-upholstered, but never got around to doing it myself. The cupboards and latches are original as well, and work great. I have recently re-stained the cupboards and they came out wonderful. The carpet could use replacing as well, especially in the front cab under the driver’s feet, but it isn’t necessary. All of the seatbelts are fully operational (seats 4).

The outside needs a new paint job because it is starting to peel back to the original color (it has been repainted before), but is in excellent condition with very little to no rust. The van has spent a good part of its life in Washington DC. There is also a small dent in the rear fender which can easily be replaced for about $100. After being bought in Washington, I paid for this van to have a safety done in June, which it passed with flying colors, and I would rather sell it as is. This van would work really well for someone who wanted to store it over the winter and do some work on it to supe it up for the spring. Asking price: $4000cdn o.b.o.

Please call: 403-560-4697 or email: [email protected].

canadiandaytona
09-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Auto or standard? pics?

raptor_20
09-15-2005, 05:39 PM
It's a standard. Pics can be seen at
1977 westfalia (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4575212876&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:CA:1)

1995_GTI_VR6
09-15-2005, 05:51 PM
link doesnt work...

raptor_20
09-15-2005, 08:12 PM
ok working now

rip
09-16-2005, 01:12 AM
BUMP....perfect for living down by the river

raptor_20
09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Honestly Guys I driven and gone camping in this Van. It's great. I'd buy it for myself if I wasn't putting a downpayment on a house.

sputnik
09-25-2005, 09:11 PM
is this van gone?

was it sold on eBay?