PDA

View Full Version : Islam

flying
09-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Hey guys,

http://askmuslims.com
site was created to clear misconception people have about Islam. Let me know what you think about it and if you have any questions, I will be try to answer them or the best bet is to post on their forum. Thank you lot dude.
In advance this is not a spam .

QuasarCav
09-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Good idea, I understand that alot of what the media portrays is pure BS but other people take what they say for granted.
:thumbsup:

Raz
09-15-2005, 10:08 AM
seems like spam to me.

I don't dislike 'regular muslims' only the ones who trust the sixth column of faith - Jihad.

- Rasmus

flying
09-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Raz
seems like spam to me.

I don't dislike 'regular muslims' only the ones who trust the sixth column of faith - Jihad.

- Rasmus

I am sorry if it sound spam but this is the only way to reach regular people.

As far as Jihad the site explains in video section check that out please.

girlRACER
09-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Thats a very informative site. Thanks!

turbotrip
09-15-2005, 12:29 PM
good site, thanks buddy

statick
09-15-2005, 12:39 PM
its good that theres something like this out there now, lets hope some of these misconceptions get cleared up.

flying
09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Thank you all for postive feedback. I hope you all take advantage of it and if you have any questions please e-mail or use forums on that site. Once again thanks.

euro tang
09-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
good site, thanks buddy

yea man, thanks :)

AcuraTl
09-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by statick
its good that theres something like this out there now, lets hope some of these misconceptions get cleared up.

:thumbsup:

this site rocks dood

EK 2.0
09-15-2005, 03:28 PM

it should be our job as Muslims to clear shit up not a website. But the issue we still have is that it falls upon deaf ears. Those people who are willing to listen and have their misconceptions cleared up will find the means to do so. It will not help to have one more website out there. Although the information contained on said website is great, it may end up confusing the majority of www users out there...

DEREK57
09-15-2005, 03:32 PM
I have a historical question. Its hard to word:

Im wondering about the nature of God compared to Judaism. I know that Christianity is destinct by the Trinity, but are do Judaism and Islam have essentially the 'same God?' Abraham is the father of all three of these religions, though Islam teaches that the convenent was fulfilled through Ishmael, not Issac, right? Then Islam claims the God of Abraham, is He known as 'Yahweh' is Islam?

hondatoy
09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
very good website, makes people understand what islam is truly about, Islam is the meaning of peace

EK 2.0
09-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DEREK57
I have a historical question. Its hard to word:

Im wondering about the nature of God compared to Judaism. I know that Christianity is destinct by the Trinity, but are do Judaism and Islam have essentially the 'same God?' Abraham is the father of all three of these religions, though Islam teaches that the convenent was fulfilled through Ishmael, not Issac, right? Then Islam claims the God of Abraham, is He known as 'Yahweh' is Islam?

He is Allah in Islam...Allah is the Arabic word for God.

so essentially...

Allah=Yahweh=God

AcuraTl
09-15-2005, 04:02 PM
there really should be no essentially man, Allah is supreme and shot not be confused with Yahweh or w.e.

01RedDX
09-15-2005, 07:23 PM

EK 2.0
09-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl
there really should be no essentially man, Allah is supreme and shot not be confused with Yahweh or w.e.

to Muslims he is supreme...not to Christians, and not to Jews.

Weapon_R
09-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Im wondering about the nature of God compared to Judaism. I know that Christianity is destinct by the Trinity, but are do Judaism and Islam have essentially the 'same God?'

Islam rejects the idea of the Trinity because they do not consider Jesus to be divine. Islam rejects the idea altogether of the diety of Jesus, instead maintaining that Jesus was a prophet, who was chosen by God to carry the message.

This message is the same in all three religious. Muslims maintain that the message became convoluted through Jewish and Christian interpretations. Judaism rejects the mission of Jesus entirely, while Christians maintain Jesus as a diety. Islam reveres Jesus as an important figure in the religion, but maintains that God does not have any children, partners, or equals.

Allah = God in arabic. Allah is the arabic term for the 'same god' as Judaism and Christianity. Muslims also recognize Abraham, Moses, Isaac, the archangels Michael and Gabriel etc, and all others but rejects the notion of the apostles and Saints.

The biggest difference that I can think of offhand is Islam's rejection of Jesus being crucified - Muslims believe that God protected Jesus from death and will return to face the antichrist in the future.

EK 2.0
09-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Islam rejects the idea of the Trinity because they do not consider Jesus to be divine. Islam rejects the idea altogether of the diety of Jesus, instead maintaining that Jesus was a prophet, who was chosen by God to carry the message.

This message is the same in all three religious. Muslims maintain that the message became convoluted through Jewish and Christian interpretations. Judaism rejects the mission of Jesus entirely, while Christians maintain Jesus as a diety. Islam reveres Jesus as an important figure in the religion, but maintains that God does not have any children, partners, or equals.

Allah = God in arabic. Allah is the arabic term for the 'same god' as Judaism and Christianity. Muslims also recognize Abraham, Moses, Isaac, the archangels Michael and Gabriel etc, and all others but rejects the notion of the apostles and Saints.

The biggest difference that I can think of offhand is Islam's rejection of Jesus being crucified - Muslims believe that God protected Jesus from death and will return to face the antichrist in the future.

werrd to all well said sir.

statick
09-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

it should be our job as Muslims to clear shit up not a website. But the issue we still have is that it falls upon deaf ears. Those people who are willing to listen and have their misconceptions cleared up will find the means to do so. It will not help to have one more website out there. Although the information contained on said website is great, it may end up confusing the majority of www users out there...

:werd: , but nowadays a website can be more accesible to some ppl than other sources of information :dunno:

EK 2.0
09-15-2005, 09:07 PM
:werd: , but nowadays a website can be more accesible to some ppl than other sources of information :dunno:

But see for every ONE good site I can google up prolly 10-12 bad or bashing sites. So for most users they would have no idea what is true...I mean if mroe people say the sky is purple than blue you will begin to believe the sky is blue...or committ yourself to an asylum because you still think the sky is blue...

Do you understand where I am coming from??...I mean society is a fucked up thing...and you will do or think or say or feel what the majority tells you...

DEREK57
09-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Thanks, Im just having trouble seeing the giant gap that seems so apparent between Islam and Judaism. Then again I guess prophet make a much bigger difference than most not involved in the religion would know. :dunno:

Hakkola
09-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Sounds like people don't know much about christianity either. I never hear anything about saints in church, that's mostly catholicism.

Does the site explain different muslim types? Sun ni (sp?) and Shi'ite? Also sp? I can't find anything on it in there. Mind you I didn't look too hard.

flying
09-16-2005, 06:33 AM
Hello Hakkola,

Yes, it does talk about that its in 25 most asked questions in "FAQ" section and its called Do Muslims have many sects?

statick
09-16-2005, 07:32 AM

But see for every ONE good site I can google up prolly 10-12 bad or bashing sites. So for most users they would have no idea what is true...I mean if mroe people say the sky is purple than blue you will begin to believe the sky is blue...or committ yourself to an asylum because you still think the sky is blue...

Do you understand where I am coming from??...I mean society is a fucked up thing...and you will do or think or say or feel what the majority tells you...

:werd: i totaly see what ur saying, but now theres at least one mroe positive, truthful site out there:thumbsup:

flying
09-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Well everyone has their own say

flying
09-16-2005, 08:34 AM

The Qur'an says:

["Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects Taghut (evil) and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trust worthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. " (Qur'an 2:256)]

EK 2.0
09-16-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by flying

The Qur'an says:

["Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects Taghut (evil) and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trust worthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. " (Qur'an 2:256)]

Great quote...but do you know what the Torah and the Bible say??

Each religion is taught that what THEY believe is the best.

The Bible the word of God, the Quran the world of Allah, and the Torah the word of Yahweh. Each follower is taught that their respective religion is the path to the "promised land". The path to have an audience with "God" when they pass on, when it comes time for their judgement.

So as I learned in University when I was getting my minor in religion, and the opinions I formed. They way I see it, God, Allah, ot Yahweh, Jah, Buddha, Shiva, Guru Nanak, and Athiest whatever you believe, just keep believing in it and you will be good to go.

DEREK57
09-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Believing in aything?

ps. Are you Muslim?

EK 2.0
09-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Believing in aything?

ps. Are you Muslim?

Yes I am a Muslim. Does that make a difference in and regards to anything??

Primer_Drift
09-16-2005, 01:40 PM

Great quote...but do you know what the Torah and the Bible say??

Each religion is taught that what THEY believe is the best.

The Bible the word of God, the Quran the world of Allah, and the Torah the word of Yahweh. Each follower is taught that their respective religion is the path to the "promised land". The path to have an audience with "God" when they pass on, when it comes time for their judgement.

So as I learned in University when I was getting my minor in religion, and the opinions I formed. They way I see it, God, Allah, ot Yahweh, Jah, Buddha, Shiva, Guru Nanak, and Athiest whatever you believe, just keep believing in it and you will be good to go.

Wow, I must say that is a suprisingly refreshing view. I commend you on your tolerance and understanding of other viewpoints. :thumbsup:

I try to learn about religions openly and without prejudice. The only part of any religion I sometimes have a problem with is the extremists. It almost goes without saying that once a religion is twisted by extremists that bad things will happen, and misconceptions about the entire religion are formed. That being said, although I do not accept extremist behavior I still want to understand their reasons and view of their religion

Nice site btw:thumbsup:

DEREK57
09-16-2005, 03:30 PM

Yes I am a Muslim. Does that make a difference in and regards to anything??

Ya sort of confuses me. If you say that believe in whatever you want including aetheism, you will 'be good to go', doesnt that sort of contradict Islam? Im definetly not an expert so correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt the Quran pretty clearly say that those who do not pay proper respects, and give obedience to Allah will not see Heaven/paradise?

EK 2.0
09-16-2005, 03:48 PM
Ya sort of confuses me. If you say that believe in whatever you want including aetheism, you will 'be good to go', doesnt that sort of contradict Islam? Im definetly not an expert so correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt the Quran pretty clearly say that those who do not pay proper respects, and give obedience to Allah will not see Heaven/paradise?

Thats is stated in every religion. You must follow the word of "GOD" and you will be given a place in the promised land.

Now what I mean by my statement...If you are Islamic, then follow Allah's word, follow the writings of Muhammad and the Quaran and you will be good. If you are Catholic, follow the word of God, do what the Pope instructs, and read and understand the Bible, and you will be good. If, you are Jewish, adhere to the words of Yahweh, follow the teachings of the Torah and what your Rabbi tells you and you will be kosher.

So then by the above thinking, because I am a Muslim and believe and place my faith in Allah. By Catholic and Jewish standards I am going to hell or their versions thereof.

I PERSONALLY do not care what you or anyone else believes in. Your faith is just that, YOUR faith, so Jesus, Allah, God, Yahweh, Jah, Buddha, Shiva, Guru Nanak, Elvis, Jay-Z, rage2, Tyra Banks, Regis, VTEC or Boost.

My take on religion and the afterlife or whatever you wanna call it. Believe in whatever makes you happy. But whatever you choose, put all of your heart and soul into it. My beliefs are just that...MY beliefs. None of my sisters share them, my father is impartial, my mother hates them, Muslims in this thread might cringe at them, but I believe what I do. And if there is a day I "meet my maker" as so it were, then he will axe me. "Arif, do you feel you were a good Muslim??" and I will answer, "I dunno you tell me mang" And why??...because it's not up to me to brand you with my religion, convert you into a Muslim, or go door to door to make you a Jehovah's. To sing and dance like a Hari-Krishna in an airport. To be a Sunday morning Televangelist. My job is to live my life to the best of my knowledge and to what I feel in my heart is right and true. And for me, even after studying religions for over 4 years Islam offers me all I want, need and could ever axe for.

So that's how I feel about religions. Do what you do and do it the best you can. God, Allah, or Yaeweh.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-16-2005, 03:48 PM

Ya sort of confuses me. If you say that believe in whatever you want including aetheism, you will 'be good to go', doesnt that sort of contradict Islam? Im definetly not an expert so correct me if Im wrong, but doesn't the Quran pretty clearly say that those who do not pay proper respects, and give obedience to Allah will not see Heaven/paradise?

Not to answer in EK 2.0's stead, but I strongly agree with his point of view, and I think I may be able so shed some light on your question.

While the Quran says that all that do not follow Allah will not reach Heaven/Paradise, the same is true for most religious texts; Worship our deity, or be denied access to a good afterlife. However, those same religious texts are parallel in their teachings in that there is an all-powerful deity that gives a man information/divine power and in doing so creates a prophet/martyr that spreads the word to the people of the world.

Now, that being said, why would that deity (Assuming there can only be one all-powerful deity) only give himself one name, in one language? (eg. "God", in the English language) An all-powerful deity is not a person that names him/herself; the deity is an icon to be worshipped and an ideal to be upheld. That is why myself and others believe that holy figure is known by many names (God, Allah, etc.) and is just part of religion that is meant for people to better themselves and the people around them. Some religions teach this through worship and self-sacrifice, others teach it through introspection and self-change.

Thus, if all people are striving for that same ideal, that idea of happiness in this life and the afterlife, why should people condemn other religions? If the deities and icons put forth the same ideals, why would one religion be the "right" one?

Personally, I think people should follow whatever ideal makes them a better, more complete person. For some that means following the examples laid out by religious figures. For others, myself included, that means looking at our actions and our thoughts, and adjusting those to form ourselves into better people.

It's all a matter of perspective. :angel:

Godfuader
09-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Hello Hakkola,

Yes, it does talk about that its in 25 most asked questions in "FAQ" section and its called Do Muslims have many sects?

Alot of the information seems flaky and somewhat ignorant. It speaks predominantely on the Sunni beliefs and other information is quite vague. But as for surface information and shedding light on the muslim world, for the non-muslims, I think the website is wonderful. I love the purpose of the site..."Ask Muslims, not the media."

redline_13000
09-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

Alot of the information seems flaky and somewhat ignorant. It speaks predominantely on the Sunni beliefs and other information is quite vague. But as for surface information and shedding light on the muslim world, for the non-muslims, I think the website is wonderful. I love the purpose of the site..."Ask Muslims, not the media."

Such is life. There is no way that a single website can encompass the beliefs of all Muslim sects, just as there is no way that a single site can discuss all Christian sects or other major religious sects.

girlRACER
09-16-2005, 04:54 PM

Thats is stated in every religion. You must follow the word of "GOD" and you will be given a place in the promised land.

I wouldn't go so far as to say EVERY religion states this since not every religion has a God (or God equivalent/supreme deity) or a promised land nor a "goal" to reach the "promised land" but your earlier comments about the differences between the concept of Gods in the Western Traditions was very well put. Better than I could've put it and I'm a TA for that course! :D

EK 2.0
09-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I wouldn't go so far as to say EVERY religion states this since not every religion has a God (or God equivalent/supreme deity) or a promised land nor a "goal" to reach the "promised land" but your earlier comments about the differences between the concept of Gods in the Western Traditions was very well put. Better than I could've put it and I'm a TA for that course! :D

pffffft Jackie, when I said "every" I only meant the "Big Three"...haha...;)

Christian's/Catholic's
Jews and
Muslims.

creeper
09-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Islam, woot!

AcuraTl
09-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by creeper
Islam, woot!

+1

flying
09-19-2005, 05:53 AM

Hello Godfuader,

I would like to you what Sunni beliefs and other info is vague? I would encourage you to post them askmuslims forums, if you like.

Hope to hear from u.

KLCC
09-19-2005, 06:15 AM
just preach peace, not war....

Godfuader
09-19-2005, 12:10 PM

Hello Godfuader,

I would like to you what Sunni beliefs and other info is vague? I would encourage you to post them askmuslims forums, if you like.

Hope to hear from u.

There are a handful of information that seems somewhat vague and some that is just incorrect like the praying of sunnis and shias 5 times a day...that is not entirely true. I could find the exact quranic verse that objects to the 5 prayers a day. But this kind of nitty gritty details are best left for the forum on the other site. Other than the minor details, this website is a wonderful basic avenue to curb ignorance that is spread by the media. There was some information that I was ignorant about like the position of women in Islam. I have shared this website with many ppl and they all love the idea. keep up the good job. I will join the forum when i can free up some time.

flying
09-20-2005, 06:46 AM

There are a handful of information that seems somewhat vague and some that is just incorrect like the praying of sunnis and shias 5 times a day...that is not entirely true. I could find the exact quranic verse that objects to the 5 prayers a day. But this kind of nitty gritty details are best left for the forum on the other site. Other than the minor details, this website is a wonderful basic avenue to curb ignorance that is spread by the media. There was some information that I was ignorant about like the position of women in Islam. I have shared this website with many ppl and they all love the idea. keep up the good job. I will join the forum when i can free up some time.

It's good to hear from you. Godfuader,

Well as far as 5 daily prayers i am not sure what you are talking about so If you would like to e-mail at [email protected] they will answer your question but i am pretty sure you were misinformed.

I would like to thank you for spreading the word.

As for as the site it only cover basic stuff with Media misinformed, you won't believe me they so much misinformation in the media that as soon as the site was create people were shocked to learn what Islam is all about. Same like you people were amazed to hear that "women in Islam". I hope people a come to the site and get involve and ask more questions so that we can add more information on the site. Thank you once again.

flying
09-20-2005, 09:26 AM

flying
09-20-2005, 01:39 PM
GOT QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTION LET ME KNOW.

89coupe
09-20-2005, 04:29 PM
I've always been curious to know why Muslims refuse to eat pork?

I asked a few of my leb friends and all they had to say was Pigs eat their own shit so they refuse to eat an animal that eats his own shit? LOL

But then I tell them that pretty much all farm grown foods are grown in dirt mixed with manure and then sprayed with deadly pesticides and how that is any different?

Is there a more defined answer?

Weapon_R
09-20-2005, 05:23 PM
For Muslims the notion of Faith is primarily associated with the concept of Knowledge. It is interesting to note, that in Arabic, the word “faith” (“iman”) is a derivative of the root with the meaning of “to safeguard”) Consequently, in order to achieve “peace and safety in God”, a believer should rigorously follow the Divine laws and commandments.
Both human experience and scientific data have confirmed the commandments concerning healthcare issues, found in the Holy Scriptures. The prohibition of pork consumption is an example of such a commandment.

“Oh ye people! Eat of what is on earth, lawful and good. If there is any restriction on you from Allah, subhaana wa ta´aala, that is – do not eat the dead animals (Maytatah), avoid the blood and the flesh of swine (pork), and do not eat any such thing on which someone´s else name has been pronounced except the name of Allah, subhaana wa ta´aala. Yet, if someone is in the situation of helplessness and he/she eats any of these things without that he/she has the intention to break the Law or exceeds the limits of necessity, then there is no sin on him/her, Allah, subhaana wa ta´aala, is Oft-Forgiving and Loving” (The Holy Quran, II: 172, 173).

A similar commandment may be found in the Bible:

“You shall not eat any abominable things <…> And the pig, because it has a cloven hoof but does not chew the cud, you shall regard as unclean. You shall not eat their flesh or even touch their dead carcasses” (Deuteronomy, XIV: 8).

The medical aspects of the prohibition

To abstain from consuming pork means to care about one’s health. The omnivorous pig, being by far the most slovenly and greedy domestic animal, devours virtually anything, including human excrement and is a breeding ground for various malignant microbes and parasites. Consumption of pork may result in many serious diseases. We are safe to assume that one of the main reasons behind the prohibition of pork consumption was the spread of trichinosis, - a disease caused by trichinella spiralis, a parasitic roundworm.

Trichinosis is caused by eating infected raw or insufficiently cooked pork, in which the immature parasite is encysted. When such a piece of meat is eaten, the encysted embryos are set free in the intestines, and develop into full-grown trichinae. From each pair of these, thousands of new embryos may arise in the course of several weeks. As soon as this new generation of embryos is produced, they make their way into the wall of the bowel, and thence wander through the circulation system, finally depositing themselves between the fibers of the voluntary muscles, where they become encysted. The first symptoms develop in the course of two weeks after the infection. The disease is characterized by fever and severe pain in the limbs and muscles, oedema of the soft tissues, and eosinophilia in the blood. The infection may result in severe damage to the nervous system (in the form of encephalitis), cardiac muscle (miocarditis), as well as other complications.

Despite the therapeutic advances, contemporary medicine does not provide an effective cure for trichinosis. The only efficient protection, therefore, is based on prevention, or giving up eating pork. Although the meat is subject to thorough inspection in slaughter-houses, as well as by the Sanitary Inspection, this procedure does not give a one hundred percent guarantee, as was clearly shown by the recent outbreak in Moscow.

The list of the microbes and parasites found in pork is vast. It should be emphasized that many of these diseases as yet remain incurable.

Taenia Solium (tapeworm). The taeniasis is caused by the brain’s infestation by the larvae form of the pork tapeworm, the gastrointestinal parasite, and may constitute up to 1.3 percent of the intracranial volume. The parasite’s onchosphere travels through the mucous membranes of the blood vessels into the portal circulatory system, and is thence transported throughout the body, infecting various internal organs, as well as the brain. The course of the disease is remittent and, symptomatically, is characterized by the presence of several niduses. The infestation may often be manifested in the development of the epileptic syndrome, meningism and the increase of the intracranial pressure.

Roundworms. Ascariasis may result in appendicitis, and some types of jaundice. The infestation is known to cause dyspepsia.

Schitosoma Japonica. This disease is manifested in hemorrhages and anemia. In the case of the ova infesting the brain or bone marrow, the disease may bring about paralysis or death.

Paragonimus Westermani. Infestation may result in haemoptysis, or the coughing up of blood, due to the worm setting in the lungs.

Paciolepsis Buski. This parasite causes dyspepsia, severe diarrhea and general edema.

Clonorchis Sinensis. Infestation by this parasite may be manifested in some types of jaundice.

Metastrongylus Apri may cause bronchitis or the inflammation of the lungs’ tissue.

Gigantorinchus Gigas causes anemia and dyspepsia.

Balantidium Coli is known to cause acute dysentery, resulting in the severe emaciation.

Bacterial diseases

Tuberculosis.

Fusiformis Necrophulus, which causes a serious disease of the lower limbs.
Salmonella Cholera Suis (cholera)
Brucellosis, - the disease results in the irreversible loss of the victim’s capabilities.
Erysipelas, or St. Anthony’s fire.
Viral infections

Small pox.
Japanese encephalitis (B-type).
Influenza.
Protozoan infections
Toxoplasma Goundii. This microorganism causes a very serious disease of toxoplasmosis. In the congenital form the unborn child is infected by the mother. Toxoplasmosis often results in the sudden death within several days or weeks after birth. In the case of survival, the infection may result in mental retardation, loss of sight or deafness. The acquired form in adults may manifest itself in chronic fever, marked by liver and spleen malfunction, pneumonia, and hydrocephalus. This disease may also affect sight and hearing.
Those who consume pork are more prone to obesity due to the high percentage of fat in pork. In this group, blood cholesterol level is frequently higher than normal; pork-eaters are more susceptible to arteriosclerosis, which may result in cardiovascular diseases, malfunction of the brain blood-circulation, vascular pathology of the lower limbs, etc.

Pork is difficult to digest, which may be the cause of many chronic diseases of the digestive system. Ulcerous skin infections are more frequently found within the pork-consuming group. Of great interest is the research into the hydrolysis of pork fat, its deposition in the human body, and the extent of its utilization. There is a theory that animal fat, acquired by the consumption of the herbivorous animals’ meat, undergoes a process of hydrolysis and is thence synthesized anew and deposited in the body as human fat. Pork fat, however, is not subject to hydrolysis and is consequently deposited in the human fat tissue as pork fat. Since the proper utilization of this fat deposit is problematic, in order to produce energy, the body burns up the stock of glucose, which is essential for brain activity. This process brings about a chronic feeling of hunger, which, in turn, results in a vicious circle: although having a substantial fat build-up, the person is constantly consuming additional food without feeling satisfied.

The biblical aspect of the commandment
In spite of the fact that pork consumption was clearly outlawed by the Bible, there are those who insist that the New Testament annuls the prohibition. This assumption still has to find any substantial evidence. No scholar is able to prove that Jesus (let peace be upon him!) repealed this prohibition. On the contrary, he has expressly reinforced it by saying “Do not suppose that I have come to abolish the Law and the prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to complete” (St. Matthew; V: 17). The Book of Acts (X: 10-16) is frequently quoted to support the view that the New Testament allegedly abolishes the taboo on pork. Without evaluating the general context of the excerpt, one could really misunderstand the meaning of the passage. However, the text never states for a fact that St. Peter actually consumed the meat of “unclean” animals or recommended his disciples to do so. In the New Testament, Jesus (let peace be upon him!) likens those who fail to appreciate the Divine Revelation to dogs and pigs: “Do not give dogs what is holy; do not cast your pearls to the swines, they will only trample on them, and turn and tear you to pieces” (St. Matthew; VII: 6).
It is obvious, therefore, that abstinence from consuming pork is one of the conditions, essential for both physical and spiritual personal perfection. Although pork does not contain harmful substances strong enough to kill a person immediately, its potentially lethal poisons build up in the body over time. The Prophet (let peace be upon him!) said: “There are two blessings, which are neglected by many: one’s own health and the spare time, predestined for the deeds that would please the Lord Almighty. Allah is more pleased to see the believer in good health than in weakness and illness”.

Every person should care about his or her health, bearing in mind that it was granted to us by the Almighty.

89coupe
09-20-2005, 07:31 PM
I've eaten pork for 32 years and have never been inflicted with any such disease. :dunno:

LOL.

Religion...:nut:

01RedDX
09-20-2005, 07:51 PM

89coupe
09-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Meh, I'm not one to judge someone for what they believe as long as they don't look down upon me for what I believe.

I live by my own beliefs. Not by what someone else wrote hundreds of years ago.

Thank You.

Z24_3.1.
09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
i always think about it why would i want to eat an animal that eats its own (crap) but yeah i dont really no alot of my muslim religon but im gettin into more and more everyday if you all have a chance to go out and rent "The Message" its a islam movie pretty much tells you how islam came together and what we went through but yeah if u guys need info on islam post it up or pm me even i can ask my older brother he knows alot about islam

thanks....

also thanks to all the guy on here that didnt bash the islam ways or anything like most people...

89coupe
09-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Most foods that grow in dirt are fertalized with shit. So that means they are sucking nutrients from the shit ;)

You can argue all you want but its true ;)

Fish eat shit ;) Fish is yummy :D

Z24_3.1.
09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
^^ lol yeah i guess but the pig plays with its crap and stuff :barf:

i dont know ima ask my bro when he gets back from BC again why we cant eat pig or maybe one of these guys over here can help u

89coupe
09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
That’s the problem with religions. Too much is based on Old Testament. None of that stuff applies to modern times.

Z24_3.1.
09-20-2005, 08:41 PM
^ i dont reallly know about that cause most of it is still like to this day kinda thing like i dont really wanna go into it cuz i might be wrong im only 15 and im learning bout my religon like i said but yeah i will for sure as my brother

Z24_3.1.
09-20-2005, 08:43 PM
off topic but SEXY STANG lol

AcuraTl
09-20-2005, 08:45 PM
the PIG is considered a dirty animal...if im right pigs dont have sweat glands, so they must roll around in there fecies and mud to get cooled down, also not sure if this is true but i believe they do there business with animals of the same sex...which is down right dirty...but i do know that tapeworms were first discovered inside a stomach of a pig, and many believe that the tapeworm came from pigs...hope it helped!!:D

89coupe
09-20-2005, 08:57 PM
In all honesty, humans are the most disease infested dirtiest animals on this planet. That is not a joke.

Z24_3.1.
09-20-2005, 08:58 PM
^ right with u on that and i think acuratl was right

AcuraTl
09-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
In all honesty, humans are the most disease infested dirtiest animals on this planet. That is not a joke.

not quite sure about that man, there is a saying that "the dogs mouth is often MUCH cleaner than the mans" thats pure BS, the dogs mouth contains parasites that you havent even heard of, some of us can be dirty...we call em Russians... JOKES! :bigpimp:

EK 2.0
09-20-2005, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by AcuraTl

not quite sure about that man, there is a saying that &quot;the dogs mouth is often MUCH cleaner than the mans&quot; thats pure BS, the dogs mouth contains parasites that you havent even heard of, some of us can be dirty...we call em Russians... JOKES! :bigpimp:

No, we are. As humans we are filthy when compared to the rest of the animals in the world. You THINK we are clean because of waht society deems "clean" and "hygenic"...but this is going off topic.

Godfuader
09-20-2005, 09:47 PM

It's good to hear from you. Godfuader,

Well as far as 5 daily prayers i am not sure what you are talking about so If you would like to e-mail at [email protected] they will answer your question but i am pretty sure you were misinformed.

There is huge sect of shias that pray 3 times a day. Just a quick reference. Check out surah 11-114 and 17-78/79 and those will say that we ought to pray 3x a day and one more meditation. Find somewhere in the Quran where 5 times is mentioned. I will join the forum this weekend.

Z24_3.1.
09-20-2005, 09:53 PM
just got off the phone with my brother he gave me 2 sites that are very good http://www.islamicity.com/ is one and also http://www.islamworld.net/ both very good for anything u need to know

Nav13
09-20-2005, 10:11 PM
hey thanks weaponR for stating some facts on the reason why muslims dont eat pork. Ive been asking all my muslim friends for about you can say 3-4 years now, on a reason why they dont eat pork. This topic has come up alot between me and my friends, as I am Sikh and dont eat beef. But yea evertime I would ask them, all they would say is pigs are dirty animals they roll in their shit and mate with their mothers and are full of diseases. I found this odd as mad cow is more common now adays then disease coming from pork. However after reading your post I know have a small idea of the true religious reasons behind it.

Z24_3.1.
09-20-2005, 10:32 PM
^ sorry this is off topic why cant u eat beef? i asked my budys and they are just like we cant ? is the a reason or something?

would like to know thanks!

AcuraTl
09-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Z24_3.1.
^ sorry this is off topic why cant u eat beef? i asked my budys and they are just like we cant ? is the a reason or something?

would like to know thanks!

the cow is sacred to them i believe...

flying
09-21-2005, 06:41 AM
I've always been curious to know why Muslims refuse to eat pork?

I asked a few of my leb friends and all they had to say was Pigs eat their own shit so they refuse to eat an animal that eats his own shit? LOL

But then I tell them that pretty much all farm grown foods are grown in dirt mixed with manure and then sprayed with deadly pesticides and how that is any different?

Is there a more defined answer?

Hello 89coupe,

Here is a brief explaination to your question

"You are what you eat" - Native American proverb

In folklore terms, eating the meat of the pig is said to contribute to lack of morality and shame, plus greed for wealth, laziness, indulgence, dirtiness and gluttony. We insult a person by calling him or her a "Pig" when they demonstrate these characteristics. Muslims are forbidden by God to eat the meat of the pig (pork).

This is detailed in verses 2:173, 5:3, 6:145, and 16:115 of the Qur'an. An exemplary verse is quoted here: "He has only forbidden you dead meat, and blood, and the flesh of swine, and any (food) over which the name of other than Allah has been invoked. But if one is forced by necessity, without willful disobedience, nor transgressing due limits, then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Is Pork Forbidden to Muslims Only?

The Jews and Christians are also forbidden from eating pork. Here is a quote from the Old Testament to that effect: "And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase." Deuteronomy 14:8

Many Christians believe that this verse was directed only at the Jews. But Jesus himself says during the Sermon on the Mount; "Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill." Some Christians say that, after a vision by St. Peter, God cleansed all animals and made them fit and lawful for human consumption. If ALL animals are cleansed by Peter's vision, this includes dogs, cats, vultures, and rats: but you just don't see people getting excited about a cat-meat sandwich like they do over barbecued pork or bacon. Others say that it was Paul who rescinded the law forbidding pork to humans, in order to appease the Romans, who enjoyed the taste of pig-meat. Many excuses have been given, but none are very sound.

Many Far Eastern traditions also discourage the eating of pork. The 3,000 year old Confucian Book of Rites says, "Agentleman does not eat the flesh of pigs and dogs." Although many Chinese are avid eaters of pork today, physicians of ancient China recognized pork-eating as the root of many human ailments. Buddhists, Jains and Hindus usually avoid eating any kind of meat.

Bad effects of pork consumption

Pig's bodies contain many toxins, worms and latent diseases. Although some of these infestations are harbored in other animals, modern veterinarians say that pigs are far more predisposed to these illnesses than other animals. This could be because pigs like to scavenge and will eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, rotting carcasses, excreta (including their own), garbage, and other pigs.

Influenza (flu) is one of the most famous illnesses which pigs share with humans. This illness is harbored in the lungs of pigs during the summer months and tends to affect pigs and humans in the cooler months. Sausage contains bits of pigs' lungs, so those who eat pork sausage tend to suffer more during epidemics of influenza. Pig meat contains excessive quantities of histamine and imidazole compounds, which can lead to itching and inflammation; growth hormone, which promotes inflammation and growth; sulphur-containing mesenchymal mucus, which leads to swelling and deposits of mucus in tendons and cartilage, resulting in arthritis, rheumatism, etc.

Sulfur helps cause firm human tendons and ligaments to be replaced by the pig's soft mesenchymal tissues, and degeneration of human cartilage. Eating pork can also lead to gallstones and obesity, probably due to its high cholesterol and saturated fat content. The pig is the main carrier of the taenia solium worm, which is found it its flesh. These tapeworms are found in human intestines with greater frequency in nations where pigs are eaten. This type of tapeworm can pass through the intestines and affect many other organs, and is incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage. One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms which are found in pork. Many people have no symptoms to warn them of this, and when they do, they resemble symptoms of many other illnesses. These worms are not noticed during meat inspections, nor are they killed by salting or smoking. Few people cook the meat long enough to kill the trichinae. The rat (another scavenger) also harbors this disease. There are dozens of other worms, germs, diseases and bacteria which are commonly found in pigs, many of which are specific to the pig, or found in greater frequency in pigs.

Pigs are biologically similar to humans, and their meat is said to taste similar to human flesh. Pigs have been used for dissection in biology labs due to the similarity between their organs and human organs. People with insulin-dependent diabetes usually inject themselves with pig insulin.

89coupe
09-21-2005, 07:50 AM
I see, so basically its ancient beliefs and understandings. I guess you can't miss the taste if you haven't tried it :D

Mmmm, BLT:drool:

flying
09-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Well after reading this i would mind missing out the taste because of this
One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms which are found in pork. Many people have no symptoms to warn them of this, and when they do, they resemble symptoms of many other illnesses. These worms are not noticed during meat inspections, nor are they killed by salting or smoking. Few people cook the meat long enough to kill the trichinae. The rat (another scavenger) also harbors this disease. There are dozens of other worms, germs, diseases and bacteria which are commonly found in pigs, many of which are specific to the pig, or found in greater frequency in pigs.

Well 89coupe, what about Rat? Are u going to try that out because Chinese say it good in taste and it also has also harbors same disease as pigs?

01RedDX
09-21-2005, 02:27 PM

flying
09-22-2005, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

That's not cool man :guns:

Trichinosis is caused by eating raw or undercooked meat of animals infected with the larvae of a species of worm called Trichinella. Mad cow - thousands of deaths in Europe, chickens= bird flu in Asia are not transmitted through undercooked meat and are therefore even more dangerous. Enjoy dinner tonite ;)

YES THAT'S TRUE, BUT YOU HAVE MORE CHANCES WITH PIG THEN ANY OTHER ANIMAL.

flying
09-22-2005, 06:41 AM
God has prohibited pork. There are several references even in the Bible where swine meat is prohibited. Science has associated 70 diseases with swine meat, the most dangerous being tapeworm, for which there is no cure. It causes irreparable damage to the insides of human beings. Even if a pig has been raised on a farm and its flesh is cooked very well at high temperatures, certain germs never die. The pig is a filthy animal; it eats human excreta. It has to protective instinct for its female. It is a shameless animal. Therefore people who eat its flesh, have no shame if their females mate with other men.

89coupe
09-22-2005, 09:50 AM
LOL...I think GOD should have done a little more research before making such a silly statement...LOL

There are more cases of death occuring from cows than any other meat.

Escherichia coli O157:H7 is an emerging cause of foodborne illness. An estimated 73,000 cases of infection and 61 deaths occur in the United States each year. Infection often leads to bloody diarrhea, and occasionally to kidney failure. Most illness has been associated with eating undercooked, contaminated ground beef. Person-to-person contact in families and child care centers is also an important mode of transmission. Infection can also occur after drinking raw milk and after swimming in or drinking sewage-contaminated water.

Consumers can prevent E. coli O157:H7 infection by thoroughly cooking ground beef, avoiding unpasteurized milk, and washing hands carefully.
Because the organism lives in the intestines of healthy cattle, preventive measures on cattle farms and during meat processing are beinginvestigated.

89coupe
09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Don't even get me started with Sheep and Goat.

Disease / Condition
Symptom
Treatment

Acidosis– occurs after accidentally taking in large quantities of concentrate foodstuffs Depressed, hangs its head, drunken behavior, muscle twitching, bloat tends to occur, swelling on left flank, may grind teeth Stop access to food. Drench goat with something alkaline such as bicarbonate of soda. 2-3 ounces will help neutralize acid. Walking goat has some value. Contact veterinary as needed.
Blackleg (Clostridial Myositis) - caused by the soil-borne bacterium, Clostridium chauvei. The disease develops rapidly in affected animals and often deaths occur before the owner has noticed any sickness in the herd. Often no symptoms are observed; At other
times, high fever, lack of appetite, depression, lameness, swelled head, and swellings that appear in the muscles on various parts of the body. Sometimes the leg muscles are involved, or the muscles in the
region of the back, hip, flank, chest or shoulder. In the latter stage of the disease, these swellings spread and become quite
mushy, producing a characteristic crackling sound when pressed with the hand. May respond to immediate treatment with penicillin or other antibiotics in large doses. In swelled head, need to have vet aid in draining of affected area.
Bloat – gorging on anything unsuitable such as wet grass pastures or after raiding food bin Tightly inflated flanks, misery, collapse Drench with vegetable or other oil (6-8 fl oz) for an adult, (2+ fl oz) for kids. Walk goat about, massage flanks. If not better, contact veterinary to help release gas.

Bottle Jaw - Caused by animal being infected with blood-sucking worms. Fluids are leaking from blood vessels and flow to the lower parts of the body. As the animal grazes during the day, the fluids build up in the head. Over night the fluids may partially drain away from the head. Lower face and jaw will dramatically swell especially during the evening. Gums may not have the normal color because of being anemic. Your worming medicine may not be effective or you may not have wormed recently. The animal needs to be wormed with a strong medication every 11 days for three times. It may also be anemic and need iron and vitamins given. Their system will have difficulty fighting off problems so you should use an antibiotic for several days to help.
Brucella Melitensis (Malta Fever) - Can cause Brucellosis. Organism excreted in milk, urine, and feces. Bacteria causes infection of the placenta and udder. Humans become infected thru consuming unpasteurized milk, cheese or process the meat from an infected goat without taking precautions. Abortions will occur in the last 2 months of pregnancy or even earlier. Generally the entire herd is slaughtered. There are vaccinations available to prevent it.

Caprine Arthritis Encephalitis (CAE) – Virus. Infectious to others. Knees becomes enlarges, lameness, weight wasting, hard udder. Pneumonia, chronic cough. Isolate and remove animal from herd.
Caseous Lymphadenitis (CL) – Infectious. Bacteria enters animal through break in skin or mucous membranes and localizes in lymph node Abscesses of the lymph glands. NOT ALL abscesses are CL. Your vet can test the animals to see if the abscess is CL or not. Isolate and remove animal from herd. Many breeders will get rid of animals with CL. Some breeders treat and manage animals with CL. Abscesses can be lanced, remove discharge, and treated with iodine for several times. Wear rubber gloves and destroy all discharge. Spread through the eruption of abscess and discharge being exposed to other animals. Vaccine available at PHL Associates, Inc.

Coccidiosis – coccidia parasites. A disease of young or stressed animals. Off food, diarrhea, blood in diarrhea, rapid weight loss, dehydration, may show straining in attempts to pass feces, dehydration and fever You can treat easily with Biosol. Depending on weight. Give 2-5cc to kids, and 7-10 cc to adults orally once a day for 5-7 days. Another treatment is with Corid liquid. We mix half Corid and half water and drench with 1cc per 4 lbs for 5 days. Do not mix more than you will use in 3 days.
Colic – affect young kids when dietary changes are made. Mixing milk replacer at wrong concentration. Kid is restless, cries out and tends to stand either with its back arched or with its hind feet places well back.. Mild cases the pain quickly passes and returns to normal within hours. If not, ½ pint of vegetable oil for adults and less for kids followed by 1 glass of spirits in 2 glasses of water, repeated hourly until pain stops.

Contagious Pustular Dermatitis (ORF) (Sore Mouth) – Highly infectious viral disease to animals and humans. ORF is the name for this in humans. Pimples about the nose, mouth, eyes, anus and hoofs. Turning to watery blisters, then to sticky and encrusted scabs. Swelling of mouth and gums. Will run a course of around three weeks. Animals can die if they are unable to eat or nurse because of the sore mouth. Difficult. Dress with antibiotic spray or ointment. Isolate infected animals. There is a Ovine Ecthyma Vaccine against sore mouth infection to all animals. Vaccine to infected animals may reduce the time to recover. We do not recommend vaccinating. We let the soremouth run its course of 3 weeks and doctor severe cases. We use medication with Cephapirin Benzathine in it. Two brands are Cefa-Dri and Tomorrow. CHX-Guard LA gel antibacterial agent adheres to the gums of infected animals.
Copper Deficiency & Toxicity

Diarrhea (see article)
Enterotoxaemia –(overeaters disease) Clostridium perfringens type D bacteria produce the poisons responsible, when conditions in the digestive tract deprive them of oxygen. Sudden loss of appetite. Depression and a drunken appearance. As it progresses the animal becomes unable to stand and lies on side making paddling movements. High temperature. Very watery diarrhea The prognosis for recovery is guarded in caprine enterotoxemia, even with treatment. Fluid therapy
providing mixed electrolyte solution with bicarbonate are indicate in acute cases to counter shock, dehydration an acidosis.
Commercially available type C and D antitoxins should be administered. Antibiotic therapy may be helpful in reducing bacterial
proliferation. Oral sulfas have been used successfully
Floppy Kid Syndrome -Some people believe it is caused by too much rich milk and others believe that it is associated with e-coli. Newborn kids seem to do well for a few days after birth then start to show depression and weakness of limbs that progress to flaccid paralysis. Drunken appearance. No signs of diarrhea or elevated temperature. Possible distension of the abdomen. Remove kid from source of Milk immediately for 24 to 36 hours. Dissolve a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in a glass of water. With a syringe administer between 20 and 50 cc of the solution orally. Do it slowly so the kid has time to swallow. Repeat the treatment at 1, 3, 6, 12 hours from initial treatment. Feed electrolytes as alternative until returned to milk. Also administer a wide spectrum antibiotic to prevent secondary bacterial infections. ANOTHER POSSIBLE SOLUTION Treatment is one-half tsp baking soda, mixed with electrolytes and one-half teaspoon Pepto-Bismol.
Repeat in 6-12 hours. Not required to pull from mother's milk from this solution's perspective
Third Solution - If the kid can still walk but is wobbly then give 2cc long-acting penicillin orally and 500MG thiamin. The Thiamin is mixed with the penicillin, and is imperative to recovery This should work in 6 hours. If the kid is comatose, give 5CC %50 dextrose orally and keep warm. Give the pen and thiamin for 3 days once a day.

Foot & Mouth Disease - viral disease of cloven-hoofed animals. Blisters or vesicles form in any of the following places: lips, tongue, teats, or the coronary band of the hoof. Tend to become lame and possibly salivate excessively. Must be controlled from occurring. Animals exposed to the disease are destroyed.
Foot Rot – Fusiformis nodosus infection enters the hoof and causes inflammation of the sensitive laminae. Lameness, mild to severe. There is a foul smell associated with it. Animals are reluctant to walk. Hoof paring in order to remove the underrun hoof. Apply antiseptic agents in order to remove any infection.
Gastro-intestinal roundworms – infest stomach and intestines sucking blood or reducing the absorption of digested food materials from the gut Diarrhea and weight loss, anaemia Drench with dewormer medicine such as Ivomec, Cydectin
Indigestion - - failure of normal rumenal movement. Associated with high intake of concentrate foodstuffs. Off of food, slightly dull Generally recovers within two days. Sodium bicarbonate given by mouth may be of some use if there is a tendency to acid conditions in the rumen. Offer animal a quart of salt water with 25 g of sodium bicarbonate dissolved in it.

Johne’s Disease – chronic incurable infection of the intestines by Mycobacterium johnei bacterium. Causes a thickening of the intestine Loss of condition, occasional scouring, becoming more frequent with bubbles of gas in the droppings. Weakness. Thirst may increase. None. Slaughter animal as soon as possible to prevent spread to other animals.
Ketosis – Lactating doe is unable to obtain large amounts of energy feed and Ketones accumulate in the blood Goes off food. Milk yield falls. Sweet smell in the goat’s breath A glucose or treacle drench may be given. Corticosteroid drug and oral propylene glycol.
Lice – parasite Intense irritation, rubbing, bald patches and itching, usually during the winter months Louse powder will normally control the problem. Insecticides for spray or dip repeated.

Laminitis - inflammation of the skin layers around the hoof. Often caused by consumption of a highly concentrated or lush forage diet. It may also be associated with sicknesses such as pneumonia, mastitis, and metritis. Lameness and warm feet. Moves with a stiff gait, prefers to lay down or stay on knees. May also show signs of bloat, diarrhea and toxemia Place on a reduced protein/energy diet such as hay with a very reduced or not concentrate ration and soft bed for lying down. Pain relief with a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug such as Phenylbutazone is essential. Chronis cases need careful foot trimming to relieve pain by reducing pressure on the sensitive areas.

Listeriosis - caused by the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes, found in soil, water, plant litter, silage and goat's digestive tract. Brought on by feeding silage, sudden changes in kind of feed, parasitism, dramatic weather changes and advanced stages of pregnancy. Depression, decreased appetite, fever, leaning or stumbling or moving in one direction only, head pulled to flank with rigid neck, facial paralysis on one side, slack jaw, and drooling, abortions. Administration of Procaine penicillin every six hours for three to five days, then daily for an additional seven days.

Lungworms – worms inhabit the air passages and cause inflammation (parasite pneumonia) Chronic cough Drench with dewormer such as Ivomec
Mange, Chorioptic – Chorioptes caprae infest the skin of the lower leg Itchiness may be noticed and there may be small crusty scabs.

Mange, Demodectic – Demodex caprae invade the hair follicles and sebaceous glands of the skin Small lumps are noticed in the skin. They may be like a cyst or bag of fluid. Response to treatment is generally poor. Discuss with your veterinary.
Mange, Psoroptic – Psoroptes caprae which infests the ears May cause head-shaking and scratching. Gamma benzene hexachloride and gammexane can be used
Mange, Sarcoptic – Saroptes scabei burrow in the skin and lay their eggs in tunnels Terrible itching, Skin becomes raised, red and hairless round the eyes, ears and nose. Infestation can be passed to other goats. Veterinary treatment is required.
Mastitis - inflammation of the udder, almost always associated with germs Misery, udder hot, hard and very tender, appetite lost, pupils of eyes narrowed to slits Antibiotics, and supportive therapy

Mastitis (gangrene) - inflammation of the udder, almost always associated with germs bruised looking udder. Doe show signs of generalized illness: depression, fever or loss of appetite. Gangrene mastitis should be suspect if the udder is cold, swollen with an excessive accumulation of fluid and the milk is watery or bloody.

Mycotoxin - "Myco means fungus and toxin means poison" - a poisoning of an animal from a fungus growth normally in old hay or feed. Excessive salavation, depression, anorexia, convulsions, arched back Varies according to the source of problem. Remove the "bad" feed or hay from the animals immediately. Administration of activated charcoal may inhibit additional uptake of toxin from the gut. Mineral oil may help.
Navel Ill – dirty environments infecting the navel cord after birth Young kid with swollen, painful navel which may look red Antibiotic injections. Area around the navel should be cleaned with antiseptic iodine, crusty scabs removed by soaking and any pockets of pus drained.

Pinkeye – infection of the eye spread by agents such as flies, dust and long grass A watery eye with excess tears spilling over on to the skin. May be reddening and cornea becomes cloudy. Animal sensitive to the light. Flush eyes with 1 cc of penicillin or Oxytetracycline for several days. Isolate animal from others to keep it from spreading.

Pneumonia – infection of the lung Refuses food, stands around hanging head down, sounds congested, elevated temperature, and coughs and breathes rapidly or with difficulty. Antibacterial drugs such as Oxytetracycline. May require veterinary-only drugs if severe.

Polioencephalomalcia (Goat Polio) - a Thiamine (Vitamin B 1) deficiency. From improper feeding, particularly feeding too much grain and too little roughage. Excitability, "stargazing", muscle rigidity, uncoordinated staggering and/or weaving, drunkenness, circling, diarrhea, muscle tremor, head against wall, and apparent blindness. A rapid, involuntary, oscillatory motion of the eyeball. As it progresses, convulsions and high fever may occur, and if untreated, the animal generally dies within 24-72 hours. Thiamine is the only effective therapy, and treatment can result in improvement in as little as two hours, if the disease is caught early enough. Dosage is related to body weight:
Use 500mg/ml Thiamin. Start with a gram (1,000 mg) IM the first dose, then at least 500mg per day for as long as it takes for complete recovery. Give 10cc Penicillin orally, and 10cc SQ at first treatment. Polio can be caused by plant thiaminase, or bacteria that either inhibit production of thiamin in the goat's gut, or consume the thiamin. Since we don't know what the origin is, It is preferred to sterilize the gut, and start over. So, the oral penicillin will kill the bacteria if that is the cause. On the morning of day 2, calf pac the goat, and give 500mg Thiamin orally, and 500mg SQ. Do not repeat any of the penicillin. If the goat will eat, feed her. If she can't eat, tube her or drench her with 100cc of Revive, 100cc of water several times a day until she can eat.

Pregnancy Toxemia - a metabolic disease of does in late pregnancy. Most of the nutrition is going to the kids. Similar to Ketosis. Ketosis is after birthing. Lethargy and losses of appetite over one to two weeks, generally in very late pregnancy. Limping or swelling of feet. Laying around not wanting to get up. Sweet-smelling (ketotic) breath. Ketosis strips can be used to identify if the doe is ketotic Give doe propylene glycol twice a day. We give 60cc drench in am and pm. We also create a mixture of sodium bicarbonate with water and give 30cc drench am and pm. Help get the doe up and moving around during the day and offering food.
Another Solution Give her 3 Tbs Calf Pac mixed with 100cc Revive and 100cc water. Give the doe 200cc of Revive every 2 hours, with Calf Pac in it. Also, once you get the doe awake, always give alfalfa, and corn with the sweet feed. Give her at least 6-8 oz. Magic at night to hold them.

Ringworms – Fungal condition Grey-white crusty appearance on small areas of skin. Skin is usually thickened and the hairs thin or absent. Generally no itching or evidence of irritation. Enlargement of affected areas occurs. Fungicidal preparations applied as a liquid dressing. Any of the following daily for five days and then weekly:

Soremouth
see Contagious Pustular Dermatitis
Tapeworms – inhabit the small intestine Examination of the goat’s droppings. Young goats will pass tapeworm segments in their feces during the summer months. An anthelmintic such as albendazole can be used. Oral niclosamide is highly effective.
Tetanus - Infection of open wounds by the bacterium Clostridium tetani results in tetanus (lockjaw) A general increase in muscle stiffness is seen, causing an unsteady gait. Eyelid begins to extend over the eye and animal looks "anxious". The symptoms get progressively worse and convulsions may occur. The goat dies because it is unable to breathe. Goats can be treated with antibiotics such as penicillin and antisera, but response is poor. The site of bacterial proliferation should be searched for and whenever possible, the wound or infection site should be opened to the air, debrided, flushed with hydrogen peroxide and infiltrated with penicillin. The area be infiltrated with tetanus antitoxin before the wound cleaning process is begun to reduce the chance that more pre-existing toxin will b absorbed during tissue manipulations.

Urinary Calculi (Urolithiasis)- A hard mass of mineral salts in the urinary tract caused by a dietary mineral imbalance, usually in bucks Restlessness, straining to urinate, pawing the ground, recurrent looking at its own abdomen, vocal signs of pain Most treatment must be done by veterinarians. Often requiring the removal of the tip of the penis. Look at the details in the article on Urinary Calculi

White Muscle Disease - deficiency of Vitamin E and Selenium Stiffness, weakness and tremblings. Back legs become stiff and unable to use. Can result in death Administration of selenium, together with vitamin E, will reverse the symptoms within a week.
Link to a map showing counties Selenium levels http://tin.er.usgs.gov/geochem/doc/averages/se/usa.html

EK 2.0
09-22-2005, 10:00 AM
guys we are really getting off track hurr...

flying
09-22-2005, 11:59 AM

I guess so.

Anyone have any other question please.

Godfuader
09-22-2005, 12:44 PM

started talkin about curbing negative info about islam in media. now we are learning medical symptoms of barnyard animals.

flying
09-22-2005, 01:31 PM
OK! i get it. That topic is stopped....

flying
09-27-2005, 06:10 AM
Use the forums in

flying
02-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Any questions?

Godfuader
02-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Man, I thought you would be all up in the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) Cartoon thread
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117920

Z24_3.1.
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM
great sites i will post more that have very good info

Xtrema
02-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Any questions?

I think this site is great. But until Muslim governments start coming out denouncing and prosecute the trouble makers/terrorists, I'm afraid the religion will always be smeared.

Zephyr
02-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Moved to appropriate area. :)

01RedDX
02-07-2006, 12:25 AM

ZEDGE
02-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

I think this site is great. But until Muslim governments start coming out denouncing and prosecute the trouble makers/terrorists, I'm afraid the religion will always be smeared.

:agree: