PDA

View Full Version : Having Issues with Greddy profec B on MR2

James
09-15-2005, 03:06 PM
I just got a Greddy Boost controller and im having some serious issues with getting it to work.....i didnt know that my car had a stock fuel cut off at 12.8 psi, and i tried to run 13.5psi, it put the car into a "safe mode" instantly ( still in this state, whole other issue, working on fixing that right now)....i know there is a ghetto way to bypass the fuel cutoff, but this can be pretty dangerous and i dont want to blow shit up....Is there any other way that i can run roughly 12psi without it messing up, i just dont want it to spike over 12.8 and i have no idea how to tune this Boost controller:confused:.... i was hoping to run 14-15 psi this weekend up in Edmonton, but i guess thats out of the Question.

89coupe
09-15-2005, 03:28 PM
You need a 3bar map sensor, that and a proper tune. You are just asking to blow your car up running 15psi on a stock tune. It has nothing to do with your Greddy Boost Controller.

Redlyne_mr2
09-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Ah yes Toyota ruins the fun again. Youve hit fuel cut and you cannot go any higher than that until you either get an FCD or do it the ghetto way. Your sort of at the mercy of your boost controler to hold boost the way you want it to. The profec B is pretty good at holding boost so it shouldnt spike unless youve got some waste gate issues, or there is a problem with the controller. That fuel map is pretty rich from the factory so youre cool to run 15psi Just watch out for heat soak.

sexualbanana
09-15-2005, 04:06 PM
This is James, my computer works less than my car....

Right now i dont even want to use the boost controller( and yes i know im an idiot for trying to run that kind of boost), i just want my car to run properly, this is exactly what happened..... http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/fuelCut.htm ...I did what they explained to fix the problem, unlpug the battery etc.., still no luck :(

Redlyne_mr2
09-15-2005, 04:20 PM
did you pull the efi fuse ..I would leave everything unplugged fro at least 10 minutes.

sexualbanana
09-15-2005, 04:28 PM
already tried that but only unlugged it for 30 seconds, i'll try it again and leave it for 10 minutes.