PDA

View Full Version : cheap wing night

mshaw
09-15-2005, 03:46 PM
does anyone know where cheap wing night is for tonite (thursday), thanks

Supa Dexta
09-15-2005, 03:57 PM
not sure how up to date they keep this:

excellent site! (http://www.wingnights.com/selection.php)

can I come?...ha..

:thumbsup:

BLINGX2
09-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Check that out, they list it for each night.

http://www.hotwings.ca/index.php

mshaw
09-15-2005, 03:58 PM
thanks for the help

AJL
09-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Stix in westhills ahs awesome wings. Im pretty sure they have cheap wings tonight.
Hot blonde waitress works there :thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
09-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Or you could always refer to this thread:

Cheap Wing Nights (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95597)

Hash_man
09-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Stix in westhills ahs awesome wings. Im pretty sure they have cheap wings tonight.
Hot blonde waitress works there

I definately agree... very hot waitresses there... maybe I should go try the wings.

AJL
09-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Now I want wings :(

Kobe
09-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by AJL
Hot blonde waitress works there :thumbsup:

where exactly in Westills??

hockeybronx
09-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Classic Jacks is probably your best bet on a Thursday night. Not the cheapest wings (25 cents), but they taste great and it's a prety kick-ass atmosphere too.

Ben
09-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Classic Jacks is probably your best bet on a Thursday night. Not the cheapest wings (25 cents), but they taste great and it's a prety kick-ass atmosphere too.

I hope you dont mean the place on 17th.

They've got MAD Terrible ethiopian wings there.

nothing but skin and oil pretty much.

hockeybronx
09-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Meh that's your call, suit yourself:dunno:

mshaw
09-16-2005, 12:42 AM
i agree with the classic jacks, good place with good wings

AJL
09-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

where exactly in Westills??

Its in the strip mall between the London Drugs and Boston Pizza. Its actually a pool hall, but their food is amazing.

Lo)2enz0
09-17-2005, 06:03 PM
umm this may call for a wing night marathon...see who has the best wings each night

hockeybronx
09-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
umm this may call for a wing night marathon...see who has the best wings each night

Wings one night a week is all I could handle. This way by the time Saturday comes around each week I'm already craving the next shalacking of Monday night wings.

Kobe
09-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by AJL

Its in the strip mall between the London Drugs and Boston Pizza. Its actually a pool hall, but their food is amazing.

Sweet.. I'm gunna go check it out tommorow :poosie: :poosie:

DC2
09-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

excellent site! (http://www.wingnights.com/selection.php)

nice site!

sputnik
09-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I COMPLETELY agree. Classic Jacks wings are more like overcooked-dried-out-greasy-chicken-jerky.

Chicken wings are supposed to be juicy and moist on the inside with ample meat covered with a golden brown crispy (but not tough) skin. No one would eat KFC if the inside was dry and require sauce to swallow, why eat wings that are?

Personally I go to the Kilt and Caber in McKenzie Towne because its within walking distance of home. Their wings are pretty good and consistant. I still prefer my own wings at home and my friends agree... as they come over frequently and devour them.

legendboy
09-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Man i just broke down and bought a nice deep fryer. Oh the wings i can make at home now :drool: so so good

sputnik
09-19-2005, 10:09 AM
You dont even need a deep fryer to make kickass wings.

I just lightly dust the wings in flour and Hy's seasoning salt. Put them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven (gas convection works best) to 400F and cook them for about 30 min flipping them once at the 15 min mark. Depending on how many wings I have on the go at once, I will sometimes crank up the temp to 425-450F at the end to brown the skin a bit more.

For sauce... it is a bit more of an art than a recipe. This what I will do (kind of...).

- 1 cup Franks Red Hot
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Hickory BullsEye (or Cattleboyz) BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Margarine (dont use butter)

Then I cover and microwave the mixture for about a minute or 2 (until the margarine is almost melted) stir it so that everything combines and microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Let it stand for about 5-10 minutes to allow it to thicken before serving. Then serve the wings "naked" and let your guests add as much sauce as they want.

A great side with wings is stuffed potatoes. They are basically baked potatoes with the insides removed and mashed with tons of grated cheddar and then put back in the skins and covered with more cheddar... then baked for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Goes great with the hot sauce too.

Ben
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
You dont even need a deep fryer to make kickass wings.

I just lightly dust the wings in flour and Hy's seasoning salt. Put them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven (gas convection works best) to 400F and cook them for about 30 min flipping them once at the 15 min mark. Depending on how many wings I have on the go at once, I will sometimes crank up the temp to 425-450F at the end to brown the skin a bit more.

For sauce... it is a bit more of an art than a recipe. This what I will do (kind of...).

- 1 cup Franks Red Hot
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Hickory BullsEye (or Cattleboyz) BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Margarine (dont use butter)

Then I cover and microwave the mixture for about a minute or 2 (until the margarine is almost melted) stir it so that everything combines and microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Let it stand for about 5-10 minutes to allow it to thicken before serving. Then serve the wings "naked" and let your guests add as much sauce as they want.

A great side with wings is stuffed potatoes. They are basically baked potatoes with the insides removed and mashed with tons of grated cheddar and then put back in the skins and covered with more cheddar... then baked for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Goes great with the hot sauce too.

And what time is dinner again? FAWK that sounds good.

DJ Lazy
09-19-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Ben

And what time is dinner again? FAWK that sounds good.

:werd: :drool: That sounded soooo good... :thumbsup:

gonefishing
10-05-2005, 11:23 AM
i always go to Jameson's by the Sunridge Mall Superstore on wednesday's nights 15 cent wings :drool:

Lex350
10-05-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure with night is the cheap night but the Regal Beagle on 14st NW before Kensington road has the best wings I've had in a long time...

Def_3
10-08-2005, 04:53 PM
dixons :thumbsup: best crisppy hot wings I have had in awhile

I think wing night is Mondays...not 100% though

AllGoNoShow
10-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Rips in Crowfoot has cheap wings on uhhh, Wednesday if I remember right.

On a related note, not wings but steak.... You get freis, steak and toast for $2 at Sunset Pub in the NE on Thursdays, then goto Manhattan's or Nyla or whatever the hell they call that building, for penny highballs ($5 to get in, changed to $7 last week dont know if it is staying though) The steak is hella good, cheap lunch :)

canadian_hustla
10-13-2005, 11:46 PM
riverstone, nothing beats apple whiskey + terriayaki sauce mixed

if you haven't had that mix, I suggest you go on a wed. night and ask for it. You won't be disappointed