PDA

View Full Version : joint problems? (not drugs xD)

azn_b1ad3
09-16-2005, 08:25 PM
my knee has been hurrting for a while, when its bent a little and pressure is put on it, so it hurts to jump

AND, after running hard for a while, my hip hurts, teacher and paramedic said it was my hip flexer and jsut to ice it and it will be better by the next day. but ti didnt get better, after everytime i do 100m and hurdles etc, the pain slowly comes back, and now its in my right side of my hip too

hockeybronx
09-16-2005, 10:07 PM
It's easy to do the beginning steps of rehab by yourself. Like they said ice the joint after aggravating it, and most importantly second it sounds like you need to start working on your flexibility more.

Do a good 10-15 minute warm-up and then go into a 20-30 minute stretch (not in public gyms hence 1-Cents rant). The stretching will make a world of difference in many aspects of your life:thumbsup:

~Leah~
09-16-2005, 10:20 PM
You may be developing Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. Google it.

1-Cent
09-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Do a good 10-15 minute warm-up and then go into a 20-30 minute stretch (not in public gyms hence 1-Cents rant).

1-Cent is watching you! :whipped:

Did I rant about that? lol I can't remember...

Davetronz
09-17-2005, 11:03 AM
You can try some glucosamine sulfate. It helps in joint issues.
It is considered a "natural vitamin" or whatnot...
You have to be careful that you are also getting adaquate amounts of iron as I hear that the glucosamine sulfate will lower your iron content...

Beachgirl
09-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Davetronz
You can try some glucosamine sulfate. It helps in joint issues.
It is considered a "natural vitamin" or whatnot...
You have to be careful that you are also getting adaquate amounts of iron as I hear that the glucosamine sulfate will lower your iron content...

Bingo! Stuffs amazing. I had shoulder issues for years, grinding and pain, I could never work shoulder presses or decline pushups into my routine. After about a month or so of taking glucosamine the grinding and the pain stopped.

If you decide to take it, be patient. It takes a while to get into your system and to start taking affect.

Davetronz
09-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Beachgirl

Bingo! Stuffs amazing. I had shoulder issues for years, grinding and pain, I could never work shoulder presses or decline pushups into my routine. After about a month or so of taking glucosamine the grinding and the pain stopped.

If you decide to take it, be patient. It takes a while to get into your system and to start taking affect.
Yea I am on week 3 and it is just starting to make a difference... So it does take a while to work... Don't stop taking it if it doesn't work after 1 day... I take 1 500mg pill 3 times a day (with meal)...

1-Cent
09-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Adequan.. oh... no drugs :confused: there goes my usefulness..

glucosamine does work though I've used it