PDA

View Full Version : quick question. about rx7's

ecstasy_civic
02-08-2003, 02:05 PM
ok im looking at this car on canadatrader.com silver 88' rx7.
phoned the guy asked him a few questions, didnt seem to know to much. and i asked where he had the paint done,
well....... what an argument. hes like" i know what your gonna say, the gxl stickers were taken off"

i said well actually i was gonna ask when it was painted silver because silver wasnt an orginal rx7 color.
dude fucking snapped on me!!!!!!!

"who do you think you are i know exactly what im talking about, ive seen hundreds of silver rx7's in calgary, ive sold probably 20"

well then i got mad, you obviously dont know what your selling then do you because the only silver sec. gen. rx7 i know of is this guy i know vince! its been painted and if you cant tell, you shouldnt be saying i dont know what im talking about!

hes like "are you going to buy the car or not",

im like no im on the phone and i sure as hell dont trust your judgement!

i said so it was owned by the same guy for the life of the car?\

hes like yes thats what the ad says.

so i said i assume its been looked after by rx7 specialties?

he says how would i know i dont work there?

ok im done my huge rant but do you guys see what im getting at, im so mad i can barely type:guns: :guns: :guns: :banghead:

it totally doesnt make sense, im phoning adam monday to see if i can find out some more out about this car. if anyone knows if silver was an original color for the second gen. please correct me and maybe im over reacting

thnx
scott:angel:

jdmakkord
02-08-2003, 02:10 PM
is it the silver one with the single wiper straight up the windshield? Lives in the N.W?

ecstasy_civic
02-08-2003, 02:12 PM
ya and hes got a nice set of rims, hes pretty good friends with ecstasyracer. i know his brother too.

jdmakkord
02-08-2003, 02:20 PM
I remember the last owner of that car. He used to work at safeway with me. Was a nice looking car, but pretty sure its bagged on.

Weapon_R
02-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Whats this guys number???

ecstasy_civic
02-08-2003, 02:22 PM
oh really its got a new motor in it now, pretty nice if you ask me.

ecstasy_civic
02-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Whats this guys number???

949 2217 i think. let me double check
yup thats it. he wants 4995 but barley any room to budge

jdmakkord
02-08-2003, 02:25 PM
new motor, guess theres a reason for that. Oh well, get it checked out by adam at rx7specialties. If its decent pick it up. Lose the single wiper though!

ecstasy_civic
02-08-2003, 02:27 PM
no no its a different car, i know the guy that owns the silver one. this is a different car completly. but its silver

rx7_turbo2
02-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Buddy should not have snapped on you but you're wrong none the less. Silver was a stock colour. In addition find out who built the motor and visit www.rx7club.com/forum to find out more. It's been said before the RX-7 and the rotary motors not for everybody. Also , turbo man, always turbo, for that price I would look for a turbo model.

Maxt
02-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Yah I love the turbo version myself... The stock colours were artic silver and toronado silver(the dark grey colour like my GX)...
Whats the details on the motor? Stock rebuild? ported? I have seen that car, its not bad looking , but yah the single dipshit wiper conversion has to go...
There are some super cheap n/a's out there right now, some with toasted motors, get a nice one, and do it up to your own tastes with a ported motor probably for same or less..
You may want to see how my cars run this summer, I am going to bridgeport every rotary I own from this point on...Maxt

ecstasy_civic
02-08-2003, 07:33 PM
hey max do you know any personally for sale? cause id like to buy one asap, but i still have to get rid of my automatic 7 and my civic. i have enough money to buy another 7, i could care less if it has a blown motor, or if it has a good motor. something around 4500 or so is what im looking for. ive scanned about 100 rx7 ads thoughout canada and just a few are what i need.

if you can help it would be much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Maxt
02-08-2003, 07:39 PM
There were a pile in the bargain finder the other week, Karl at speedville has one for sale I think as well...
Whats wrong with your auto 7? I probably could scrounge up enough parts for a 5 speed conversion...

Oh yeah, Hey carson, that was me driving the old red dodge on 58th ave and burbank road SE that you were behind on Friday afternoon, my apprentice that was with me wondered if your windshield banner is a cop magnet...Max

kaput
02-08-2003, 07:40 PM

ecstasyracer
02-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Just to clear this up, ecstacy_civic didn't call about the silver rx7 with the single wiper. Thats my buddys car and its an 88 base model. This car is an 88 gxl. Here's the link to it. Deffintely silver without any blue in it. So its been repainted.

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?sid=76OKONX8736191&rubno=4000&pa=2&pr=1&cregion=1001

Max I'm deffinetly with you about getting an fc with a popped moter. There was an 88 gxl with a blown moter for 500 bucks that I highly recomended ecstacy_civic to look at and put a ported moter in.

And that is no way for a dealer to deal with customers. Especially if the customer is just asking simple questions about the paint. Any other business you can't scream at your customers and expect to servive.

Here is arctic silver. It has that blue-ish tinge to it

ecstasyracer
02-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Max I didn't even see you. I was all pissed of about having to go look at all the wreckers for a fricken drive shaft, cuase my u-joint seazed up on me. Were you in your dodge with the monster engine in it?

Oh and don't worry I'm planning on taking that sticker off soon, there won't be any rice on my 7. Just wait till you see my custom paint job and body work thats getting done. :D

ecstasy_civic
02-08-2003, 08:08 PM
max if you can find parts for me to do the 5spd swap, tell me how much and when? lol. id like to get my motor rebuilt too, its past due. the rx7 is paid for, just need to do routine stuff like a tune up and i need new brakes in the rear.

but being dead serious.....
if you can help me do the swap i want to get it done, then i can put in a rebuilt w/ a street port.

and thnx carson for clearing that up:thumbsup:

Maxt
02-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Yah I can give you some guidance with your swap, its not to hard, you need the tranny, clutch and brake pedals, master cylinder, and the manual tranny ECU is different as well, I am not sure about the driveshaft...
Carson: nope I was driving our beater shop truck, if I was in my own truck you have been eye level with my rear differential and the exhaust would have been rattling your teeth...:)....Maxt

ecstasyracer
02-08-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm pretty sure the drive shaft will be 2-3 inches to short. Two days ago when I was looking for a drive shaft I found one from an automatic in perfect condition but it was about 2-3 inches to short. :banghead:

Mind you this is on my fb, but I have the 13b so my tranny should be silimilar length.

Maxt
02-08-2003, 09:24 PM
You know, you can get the u joints replaced at pats driveline or DSI(driveline specialties), they are staked non replaceable u joints, but they can be done by a driveshaft shop, its about 170 or so to get it done. I had the shaft from my GX done at DSI, both shops do good work...Max

ecstasyracer
02-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Yah all the info I could find on them said they were non reaplaceble. Then rx7 specialties said that it would be around 400 for DSI to do one.

Oh well I only paid 100 for the second shaft I bought, to bad the first one was from an automatic, it only cost 10 bucks and was mint. This is just a temporary fix to get me through the summer until i have to get a custom one made for my tII swap.

Thanks for the info though Max.

Maxt
02-08-2003, 10:20 PM
"Then rx7 specialties said that it would be
around 400 for DSI to do one. "...
No idea where they got that price from, both Roshambo and I got our driveshafts done there, although Roshambo's was a little more than mine because he had DSI remove the shaft, mine was cash and carry...They even balanced it and it has a years warranty..:)...
If it goes again, you know where to take it anyway..
A TII swap in a first gen would be cool for sure, I was thinking of doing the same thing.. hopefully I have mt cars running this summer...Max

m@+CH
02-09-2003, 12:50 AM
haha i didn';t get any part of your rant man!!
haha anyways just get the FC-3s
sucha a sweet car
who cares if that guys an ass
go check out the egine compartment yourself and as soon as u see the engine u knwo if its a turbo 2 or a normal gxl
yeah the car was never factory silver
but who cares!!! that means the owner gave it a new paint job a while back
haha better 4 u man!
u benefit so why other with the questions

rx7_turbo2
02-09-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer
Just to clear this up, ecstacy_civic didn't call about the silver rx7 with the single wiper. Thats my buddys car and its an 88 base model. This car is an 88 gxl. Here's the link to it. Deffintely silver without any blue in it. So its been repainted.

http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?sid=76OKONX8736191&rubno=4000&pa=2&pr=1&cregion=1001

Max I'm deffinetly with you about getting an fc with a popped moter. There was an 88 gxl with a blown moter for 500 bucks that I highly recomended ecstacy_civic to look at and put a ported moter in.

And that is no way for a dealer to deal with customers. Especially if the customer is just asking simple questions about the paint. Any other business you can't scream at your customers and expect to servive.

Here is arctic silver. It has that blue-ish tinge to it

Man alive that's an old pic of my car. Right when I first bought her.

Max is right a manual tranny swap would not be TOO difficult. I have a S4 tranny in my garage right now that I probably wont need. In addition I'm looking to sell my S4 ECU and harness all are from an 87 turbo and there are enough turbo injectors around as well if your looking to do a turbo swap into a n/a.

Oh and trust me Max's truck is hard to miss, you pretty much hear it comming from across town. Come to think if it just about all his vehicles are loud and fast.

Cheers
Graham

ecstasy_civic
02-09-2003, 01:47 AM
i wouldnt mind picking up that tranny or ecu. that way i can get a start on things at least.

ecstasyracer
02-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Man alive that's an old pic of my car. Right when I first bought her.

I thought that was your car, hope you didn't mind me posting it. I was to lazy to ask.:zzz:

Chris Ng
02-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Rx7's suck...

They break down all the time.. cost an arm and a leg to maintain and they arn't all that fast concidering what other kind of cars are on the street theses days...

There are no shops in town that know what they are doing, and the aftermarket support blows...

They burn oil like mad, and you have to rebuild the motors every 100,000km's... all the ones you see out on the street are beat up piles of poooh...

The rotary motor is the most unreliable motor known to man.. that's why they stopped making them...

In fact, if you want an rx-7, you can buy mine

http://www.members.shaw.ca/chrisyng/annie%20day2.jpg

mind you.. it's going to cost you 3x's the ammount you're willing to spend...

rx7_turbo2
02-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
i wouldnt mind picking up that tranny or ecu. that way i can get a start on things at least.

No problem, I don't mind as long as the pic doesnt have my license plate #. Have I met you before?

Chris we already had this conversation, Annie (10th Anniversary) is not for sale. That is unless your willing to cough up 20 grand for it, in which case mine is for sale as well.

Maxt
02-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Chris, shut the fuck up, we almost had everyone convinced they were good cars, how are we gonna get rid of these crap piles if you can't keep your mouth shut...:)..

In about 2 months I will be unveiling my "Allen parson's project", this is gonna be killer fun...Maxt

ecstasy_civic
02-09-2003, 10:59 PM
max ive heard all about it, im extremley excited to see it!!!

well i was very impressed with the way mine handled, it really didnt have that much power beacuse of a few undetermind things but im definatly still looking for one. especially after the other night with carson:clap: :barf:

ask him what the barf thing is lol

Mikaldor
02-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Chris Ng

In fact, if you want an rx-7, you can buy mine

Oh come on Chris, It ain't all that bad. Plus, I thought we had a deal in the works.... You know you want the Jetta!!! :rofl: :rofl: