PDA

View Full Version : Immigrants, Not Canadians must Adapt

Pages : [1] 2

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Check this out, *claimed to have been" an editorial written by a Canadian citizen and published in a Canadian newspaper. Following comments I wholeheartedly agree with.

" I'm tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. I'm not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Canada.
Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Canada being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our soverignty and out national identity. As Canadians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society learn the language!

We are, in the main, Christians, not Buddists, Muslims or Islamics because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If the Maple Leaf offends you, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you do things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our government gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I hightly encourage you take advantage of one other great Canadian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE. "

Let the debat begin.

davidI
09-18-2005, 09:57 AM
There have been posts like this in the past. Unfortunately, I don't see the trend of our culture being lost changing any time soon.

jaysas_63
09-18-2005, 10:25 AM
that is absolute bull shyat......

first off canada is a SECULAR nation...ok now lets all say it together ...S..E..C..U..L..A..R....that means it is an infringment on my rights if i ever see a cross on the wall of a public school, or governemnt building, or for that matter any other type of religious artifacts.

english AND french (apprently whoever wrote this forgot about the other half) are our languages, and yes everyone in canada should know how to speak one of the two, but that doesn' mean that we shouldn't EMBRACE others in learning and speaking their mother languages, for THAT is what makes canada what it is today, canada is a cultural mosaic (we learned this in grade 4 folks) that embraces people of all different cultures

and i have never come across an immagrant who is offended by the maple leaf, or our national anthem (the only group of people who i have encontered that refuse to sing the national anthem are the Jehovah witnesses, which the vast majority of are white "true" canadaians)

whoever wrote that editorial must be some ignorant ass, probably living in AB or some other hick filled province

Rockski
09-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by jaysas_63

whoever wrote that editorial must be some ignorant ass, probably living in AB or some other hick filled province

you sir offeneded me, whats wrong with alberta and being hick filled? as ive come to notice that there arent really that many hicks, and i grew up in airdrie when it was primarily cowboys

j_gor78
09-18-2005, 10:46 AM
that is absolute bull shyat......

first off canada is a SECULAR nation...ok now lets all say it together ...S..E..C..U..L..A..R....that means it is an infringment on my rights if i ever see a cross on the wall of a public school, or governemnt building, or for that matter any other type of religious artifacts.

Canada did not start out as a secular nation....original point proven...Canada has changed!!

jaysas_63
09-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Rockski

you sir offeneded me, whats wrong with alberta and being hick filled? as ive come to notice that there arent really that many hicks, and i grew up in airdrie when it was primarily cowboys

hey i love alberta, i lived here most of my life (1 yr in teh states) but the fact of the matter is that AB does have a rather large red neck population because of its heritage (as you said growing up in airdire it was primarily cowboys, as was most of AB at one point or another)....mabye i have to clarify myself ...the words hick, and redneck are interchangable to me...

regardless i appologize if i offended you....

jaysas_63
09-18-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by j_gor78

Canada did not start out as a secular nation....original point proven...Canada has changed!!

ohh ok so you want us to live in the same condidtions as we were in the 17th century LOL:rofl: .....countries change...and in this case it was for the best.....do you honetly want to be living in a theocratic nation like iran right now???....change is sometimes for the best,

and btw the transition to a secular state was not due to immigration, and immigrants

403 Forbidden
09-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Beachgirl, aside that your claim that this editorial was written and published by a Canadian (it wasn't - if you choose to debate this point please provide a link, or the actual paper) However, I tend to agree on many fronts.

What I don't understand is why immigrants move to Canada under the pretense of finding a better life yet they segregate themselves into little communities. For example chinatown - I'll put good money on it that there are a large portion of dwellers in chinatown that could not string together a half coherant english sentence if their lives depended on it. That's just plain fucking ignorance in my opinion. I wouldn't move to say Brasil and try to communicate in only English. No, I would take some Portuguese lessons and I would engage people of the host country in conversation as frequently as possible so that I might learn to communicate. Not these people, they are happy to go about their daily lives in ignorance that they aren't in china anymore. Nice.

If you really want to see something interesting take a look at the government of Quebec's website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/anglais/avantages-quebec/society.html

Now that's a set of guidlines I'd like to see for the rest of the country!

I also might note that Dalton McGuinty, premier of Ontario, took a step in the right direction by telling the islamic fundies to "Talk to the fucking hand" regarding sharia law. Seriously, get a fucking grip people.

LudeRoca
I really dont care if anyones offended by what i am about to say. But hicks are basically cryin becuase immigrants from third world counties have come to canada and alberta and have better jobs and a better life style then them and are jealous. Canada is a multicultural country so deal with it.

FlySi
Originally posted by Beachgirl
Check this out, it was an editorial written by a Canadian citizen and published in a Canadian newspaper. Following comments I wholeheartedly agree with.

Do you wear your white robe at night and burn crosses in front of the homes of black people too, bitch?

LudeRoca
09-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by FlySi

Do you wear your white robe at night and burn crosses in front of the homes of black people too, bitch? :rofl: :D she prolly does. Hey if you dont like canada been multicultured why dont you express one of canada freedoms and LEAVE!!

403 Forbidden
09-18-2005, 10:55 AM

Do you wear your white robe at night and burn crosses in front of the homes of black people too, bitch?

I fail to see the connection, Bitch!

jaysas_63
09-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by 403 Forbidden

I fail to see the connection, Bitch!

wow simmer down bud

LudeRoca
09-18-2005, 10:58 AM
The connection fag is that she agrees with it and falls under the redneck category like you do.

jaysas_63
09-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
The connection fag is that she agrees with it and falls under the redneck category like you do.

guys lets not let this get personal...

Raz
09-18-2005, 11:01 AM
I moved here from Denmark, I love canada, I speak better english than most of you here, but i refuse to give up my mother tongue. I speak Danish at home, I curse in danish when I hurt myself, and once in a while meet with other danes to talk about the motherland. ;)

However, if someone puts a cross on a wall somewhere and expects me to live with it, i'll be genuinely pissed - thats something called a STATE religion, and it goes against all that the canadian entity represents.

403 Forbidden
09-18-2005, 11:01 AM

Take it easy dirtbag, the grease from your hair is getting on the keyboard.

403 Forbidden
09-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Raz
I moved here from Denmark, I love canada, I speak better english than most of you here, but i refuse to give up my mother tongue. I speak Danish at home, I curse in danish when I hurt myself, and once in a while meet with other danes to talk about the motherland. ;)

However, if someone puts a cross on a wall somewhere and expects me to live with it, i'll be genuinely pissed - thats something called a STATE religion, and it goes against all that the canadian entity represents.

See, now that's the spirit. More people with this kind of attitude should be let into Canada. Thank you for posting.

LudeRoca
09-18-2005, 11:03 AM
lol. dude you are just soo hurt. I dont even need to come up with a comeback for that cause it was just way to hurt. This thread is gonna turn into a big arguement. BUt 403 Forbidden, its okay bro. Your family will get outta the gutter sooner or later. Dont gotta blaim immigrants for it.

knowtheledge
09-18-2005, 11:08 AM
The article's credibility was lost when they used the word "Islamics" lol:thumbsdow

LudeRoca
09-18-2005, 11:09 AM
lol. dude you are just soo hurt. I dont even need to come up with a comeback for that cause it was just way to lame. This thread is gonna turn into a big arguement. BUt 403 Forbidden, its okay bro. Your family will get outta the gutter sooner or later. Dont gotta blaim immigrants for it.

Toms-SC
09-18-2005, 11:12 AM
I concur with this article, no need to write what we think. We have to look at it this way: Every person we let into this country and hand a cheque too is going to vote liberal. They let 4,000 people in, they are going to vote liberal. It's very simple why they will always be in power.

403 Forbidden
I told you that grease would have you slipping on the keyboard.

Raz
Can't we all just get along? ;) :drama:

:closed:

LudeRoca
09-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Raz
Can't we all just get along? ;) :drama:

word

Weapon_R
09-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
I concur with this article, no need to write what we think. We have to look at it this way: Every person we let into this country and hand a cheque too is going to vote liberal. They let 4,000 people in, they are going to vote liberal. It's very simple why they will always be in power.

lol where do they hand out these cheques?

TheBenzo
09-18-2005, 11:16 AM

Do you wear your white robe at night and burn crosses in front of the homes of black people too, bitch? Hey, you must support gay marriage!! Which means, you must be GAY! Hahahahahahahahahahaah FAG. :rolleyes:

statick
09-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by knowtheledge
The article's credibility was lost when they used the word "Islamics" lol:thumbsdow

:werd: :rofl:

Toms-SC
09-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

lol where do they hand out these cheques?

You mean you haven't seen the line with the sign 'Free Money' yet? :D ;)

Godfuader
09-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I really dont care if anyones offended by what i am about to say. But hicks are basically cryin becuase immigrants from third world counties have come to canada and alberta and have better jobs and a better life style then them and are jealous. Canada is a multicultural country so deal with it.
I wouldn't say jealous as per say. Its just that they see a growing number of immagrants in power positions and labour positions. From farmers to cabbies to doctors and politicians. It gets them uneasy cuz they fear a wipeout of their ways of life. What needs to be clarified is that immagrants dont want to overtake the canadian culture, they just want to be active participants.

Originally posted by knowtheledge

:werd: wtf are muslims and islamics. and what happened to french.

Beachgirl...u better find the original source of this article, or we will start to "debat "ur ass

TheBenzo
09-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Master Debation? Cunning Lingus

5abi
09-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Who ever wrote that article lacks an education, lacks knowledge of what Canada is, and does not realise how the christians road in and slaughtered the native inhabitants of this country in what would today constitute a genocide. As jaysas said, Canada is a Secular country, yes, I am against Christian or any religions prayers being said in school, as this would go against infringe upon everyones rights to live in Canada as a Canadian. The person who'm soever wrote that article as failed to realise that Canada is a bi-lingual nation, our languages constituting english and french. If you think that just the original settelers(the "europeans") could have made Canada into what it is today you are gravely mistaken, foriegn money that came along with the millions of immigrants and with efforts put forth by all citizens.

I am one proud Canadian I'll tell you that, I am born Canadian and will die Canadian nothing can change that. But I am also Punjabi making me a proud Canadian Punjabi. I will not give up my mother tongue as some expect, as my english surpasses most that i know off. I do not expect that my religion be preached in public schools as that would infringe upon the rights off others, likewise I would not appreciate Christianity being forced down my kids throats.

In my opinion we never adress the problems that are actualy hurting our country. The major problem being LACK OF NATIONAL PRIDE.

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 12:50 PM
An email I received, thought it would be an interesting,
didn't think I'd be called a bitch for it.

Do you honestly believe that if I went to India, Iraq or Iran, any of these places I would be able to live as I live here?
Or do you think I'd be forced to live their way of life? Not saying their way of life is correct, in most of our eyes we dont think of it that way, but it's their country, their society, their right in their OWN country.

I remember a couple years back of an Iraqian lady who wanted to get her drivers license picture wearing her cultural robe and to have her face covered. All you could see was her eyes? Is that what you mean by bending and falling beside a multicultural society?

How about the Mounty's. A few indians tried to fight to wear their turbans as part of the uniform! Are you kidding, its a "uniform" our country has lost what it means to be Canadian. As immirgrants are proud of their country, Im proud of mine, and I hate to see it turn this way. I can't even say Merry Christmas to the store clerk anymore, it's "Seasons Greetings" I mean common, what else do we have to do and how much more do we have to bend, stripping away our way of life as we have known it for many years just so others can feel at home. Where's our rights? We've gone so far out of our way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that Im now being offended.

403 Forbidden
09-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Well said, I agree with your points.

Note that the article posted was not written nor posted as a Canadian editorial.

Tyler883
09-18-2005, 12:58 PM
In some cultures and places in this world, people have been killing each other for hundreds of years... and what is the murder rate in Canada, 180 by firearm?

I wish that the imigrants that are taught about our multiculturalism would also be taught that some of their ways DON"T WORK, and Canada's DOES WORK, so please leave their extremist or lack of values behind. Please accept our values as we accept yours.

Or get the fuck out of Canada!

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Tyler883
In some cultures and places in this world, people have been killing each other for hundreds of years... and what is the murder rate in Canada, 180 by firearm?

I wish that the imigrants that are taught about our multiculturalism would also be taught that some of their ways DON"T WORK, and Canada's DOES WORK, so please leave their extremist or lack of values behind. Please accept our values as we accept yours.

Good point.

forkdork
09-18-2005, 01:36 PM
An email I received, thought it would be an interesting,
didn't think I'd be called a bitch for it.

Do you honestly believe that if I went to India, Iraq or Iran, any of these places I would be able to live as I live here?
Or do you think I'd be forced to live their way of life? Not saying their way of life is correct, in most of our eyes we dont think of it that way, but it's their country, their society, their right in their OWN country.

I remember a couple years back of an Iraqian lady who wanted to get her drivers license picture wearing her cultural robe and to have her face covered. All you could see was her eyes? Is that what you mean by bending and falling beside a multicultural society?

How about the Mounty's. A few indians tried to fight to wear their turbans as part of the uniform! Are you kidding, its a "uniform" our country has lost what it means to be Canadian. As immirgrants are proud of their country, Im proud of mine, and I hate to see it turn this way. I can't even say Merry Christmas to the store clerk anymore, it's "Seasons Greetings" I mean common, what else do we have to do and how much more do we have to bend, stripping away our way of life as we have known it for many years just so others can feel at home. Where's our rights? We've gone so far out of our way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that Im now being offended.

I'm glad to see them wearing turbans. Being able to express you're faith is a large part of what it means to be Canadian.

Word to what Raz said though...

badseed
09-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I can understand Mounty's not allowing the wearing of Turbans. If that is the profession you choose to pursue than you must respect the requirments, including the uniform.

But your upset cuz you can't say Merry Christmas to someone who may not celebrate this occasion. Thats gettin a little critical if you ask me. If not being able to say Merry Christmas to every person you see upsets you so much I suggest you seek help.

ehos
09-18-2005, 02:25 PM

Wait, you're for multiculturalism, but you want immigrants to act 'Canadian'.

What is 'Canadian Culture.'?

I think you're referring to the wrong country, you are talking about the US. They are a melting pot, there is an 'AMERICAN Culture.'

Technically, we ALL are immigrants. Only native indians aren't. Yet, look at how they are treated.

Want to be treated like a NON immigrant?

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by badseed
I can understand Mounty's not allowing the wearing of Turbans. If that is the profession you choose to pursue than you must respect the requirments, including the uniform.

But your upset cuz you can't say Merry Christmas to someone who may not celebrate this occasion. Thats gettin a little critical if you ask me. If not being able to say Merry Christmas to every person you see upsets you so much I suggest you seek help.

Then may I suggest you read the thread in it's entirety, you're missing all points and going straight to a minor sentence.

Read this, carefully:

It was used as an example along side many others, not the basis of the entire upset.

Gurpy
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
It's not just immigrants that get pissed off when they see aspects of the christian religion in school. I was fine with singing christmas carols in elementary school. I don't think one of my atheist friends looks back at it now and likes it, and all of my atheist friends families were born and raised in Canada. Way to blame that on immigrants.

Also, was the person who wrote that article on crack? As many other people pointed out - Canada's official languages are English AND French.

ehos
09-18-2005, 02:27 PM

It was used as an example, not the basis of the entire upset.

BWAHAHAHA!

Wtf is that? Is that even english? 'the basis of the entire upset'???????

Go read a book!

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by forkdork

I'm glad to see them wearing turbans. Being able to express you're faith is a large part of what it means to be Canadian.

Word to what Raz said though...

What?
Then I'll go over to india merry whomever I CHOOSE, walk INFRONT of my husband, ride in the FRONT seat of the car and commit adultry with anyone I want to.

Weapon_R
09-18-2005, 02:34 PM

and commit adultry with anyone I want to.

Is this part of your Canadian culture to which you speak so proudly about? You're quite the catch!

Tyler883
09-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by ehos

Wait, you're for multiculturalism, but you want immigrants to act 'Canadian'.

What is 'Canadian Culture.'?

I think you're referring to the wrong country, you are talking about the US. They are a melting pot, there is an 'AMERICAN Culture.'

Technically, we ALL are immigrants. Only native indians aren't. Yet, look at how they are treated.

Want to be treated like a NON immigrant?

I'm saying that multiculturalism does not mean that we accept low lifes that hate, break the law, form ilegal gangs, or get easily offended by other religions.

So, in this sense, I'm saying that even Canada's multiculturalism should include at least a little bit of the melting pot philosophy.....ie. if your way includes hundreds of years of killing people then we insist that you melt into our culture rather than add to it.

nismodrifter
09-18-2005, 02:41 PM

What?
Then I'll go over to india merry whomever I CHOOSE, walk INFRONT of my husband, ride in the FRONT seat of the car and commit adultry with anyone I want to.

Wow...just wow....I have read a fair bit of stupid shit before but that right there is the stupidest comment I have ever seen.

I seriously don't know what to say.

Rockski
09-18-2005, 02:43 PM

Then may I suggest you read the thread in it's entirety, you're missing all points and going straight to a minor sentence.

Read this, carefully:

It was used as an example along side many others, not the basis of the entire upset.

even so its a valid point

merry chirstmas got changed to seasons greetings because some people didnt want to accept it, there for all of canada and canadians had to change to addapt. and it was perfectly acceptable to say and advertise merry christmas over 5 years ago, and all of the sudden businesses are chastised cause they have "merry christmas" in the window. what if the shop owners are christian, they cant advertise thier belifes, but other people from other belief backrounds and languages can have things written in windows in thier foriegn language? its like sexism, the door only swings one way, and it just so happens that that door doesnt swing open for the "white christian/catholic redneck hicks"

does that sound like equality and tolerance to you

TheBenzo
09-18-2005, 02:46 PM
You knobs. Canada is multicultural at the public level in that they are free to practice their traditions that are within the law.

At the government level, I would agree that very little accomodations should be made for anyone. Sure, the guy was allowed to wear his Turban... why then didnt he argue to wear his kirpal? or kirpan or wtf it is.

The turbin isn't part of RCMP uniform and could potentially be somewhat confusing. :D

Those of you who cling to the idea of multiculturalism... have fun. Also have fun hiding under the blanket of being Canadian.. it will keep you safe in other countries.. how could anyone hate a Canadian.. we have nop national identity. I suppose that is a good thing.

ehos
09-18-2005, 02:47 PM

I'm saying that multiculturalism does not mean that we accept low lifes that hate, break the law, form ilegal gangs, or get easily offended by other religions.

You're not talking from a cultural point of view, you're talking about legal issues.

If ANYONE breaks the law or commits hate crimes etc they will go to jail (hopefully). It has nothing to do with 'multiculturalism'.

Also, everyone has the right to be 'offended' by culture. It's my right to be pissed off at this stupid thread, JUST as much as it's your right to post in it. THAT also has nothing to do with multiculturalism. It's a charter (consitutional) right to free speech.

I think you should be a bit more clear in what you write.

ehos
09-18-2005, 02:49 PM

What?

Something tells me you hate Indian people for some reason?

FYI, Indian women walk behind, beside, infront of their husbands as they choose. They sit in the back, front seats as they choose.

And (sadly) they commit adultry if they choose. (Not as much as in Canada, but it happens).

And a MERRRY Christmas to you too!

You ignorant bitch. Now wut?

Gurpy
09-18-2005, 02:49 PM

What?

How the hell did you get those misconceptions about India? Lots of people DO choose who to marry now in India, it's not like they're being forced to marry someone with a damn gun to their head. The front seat of the car thing is just retarded, my mom rode in the front all the time when we went to india (actually, she rode in the front, then saw there was a dvd player hanging out the roof so moved to the back to watch hindi movies)

And yeah, nice culture you were raised in in regards to the adultery comment.

My uncle got a divorce in India, so getting a divorce is perfectly fine. It's not like you'd be killed or sent to jail for commiting adultery either, but not many people in India would commit adultery because they actually have respect.

That being said, yes, women don't have the same quality of life as men in India. For example - it is unsafe to walk alone if you're a women, which is a real shame, but you can't blame that on everyone in India, just the eneducated assholes who ruin it for everyone.

Edit: Oh yeah, totally forgot about the "walk infront of your husband" comment, that just proves how you don't have a clue as to what you're saying.

TheBenzo
09-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Meh, those issues could be applied in other persian on arab countries.

ehos
09-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Best thread evah.

Any more ignorant hicks want to make themselves known? POST AWAY!

Tyler883
09-18-2005, 02:53 PM

Also, everyone has the right to be 'offended' by culture. It's my right to be pissed off at this stupid thread, JUST as much as it's your right to post in it. THAT also has nothing to do with multiculturalism. It's a charter (consitutional) right to free speech.

hahaha, well I can't argue with that. Cheers!

Rockski
09-18-2005, 02:55 PM
GO CHRIST

:dunno:

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Is this part of your Canadian culture to which you speak so proudly about? You're quite the catch!

*sigh*

Does anyone know what an "example" is? Anyone? Please raise your hand.

TheBenzo
09-18-2005, 02:56 PM
I know where Beach girl is coming from, but I dont know that she is presenting her points in an effective manner.

TheBenzo
09-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Best thread evah.

Any more ignorant hicks want to make themselves known? POST AWAY!

Anymore Anti-White's want to present themselves?

nismodrifter
09-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Bitch girl: You love to talk down on people/cultures don't you. I could waste my time insulting your lack of intelligence but I won't. Your post regarding the "situation" of women in India just says it all, I suggest you get off the PC and do something you are actually good at (you're Canadian..so um..go play some shinny on the rink eh) because its clear that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

ehos
09-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by TheBenzo

Anymore Anti-White's want to present themselves?

You don't have to be 'white' to be an ignorant hick (but it's odd you would make that assumption, hmm).

I'm white (and that's all right). Does that offend you as well?

TheBenzo
09-18-2005, 03:01 PM

You don't have to be 'white' to be an ignorant hick (but it's odd you would make that assumption, hmm).

I'm white (and that's all right). Does that offend you as well? Yeah, you aren't multi-cultural enough. :rofl:

ehos
09-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TheBenzo
Yeah, you aren't multi-cultural enough. :rofl:

I guess you're the multicultural master.

Wait, what's that in your sig? Are you one of those white guy-black guys? What do they call you? WIGGER? Is that right?

Or is that offensive as well? Wait, what's that guy mouthing...

F U C K Y O U!

OH, fuck you!

yeah, he's saying fuck you!

CLEVER!

misty
09-18-2005, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE]Technically, we ALL are immigrants. Only native indians aren't. Yet, look at how they are treated.

Want to be treated like a NON immigrant? [QUOTE]

Wow you're the only person who really has it right here.The native peoples of canada get little respect ad their cultures were all but completely destroyed by europeans, it was almost genocide, (actually in the states there were genocidal death marches). If you've got a problem with people immigrating and contriuting to the development of canadian culture please start a commune somewhere (far from me) because you can't even just "go back to where you came from" because england and france don't have views that backward.

forkdork
09-18-2005, 03:05 PM

What?

You are a fucking idiot. Don't post again.

Please kill yourself, do Canada a favor....

ehos
09-18-2005, 03:08 PM
It's hideous how we have treated native indians and how we continue to treat them.

It's no wonder they're marginalized so much. It's so sickening to even think about (I can't do it for long without getting angry at the country I love so much).

Seperated, segregated, marginalized, victimized, abused, and that's just the nice things we did to them (took their land, broke up families, the list goes on and on).

We Canadians are great aren't we?

misty
09-18-2005, 03:14 PM
It's hideous how we have treated native indians and how we continue to treat them.

It's no wonder they're marginalized so much. It's so sickening to even think about (I can't do it for long without getting angry at the country I love so much).

Seperated, segregated, marginalized, victimized, abused, and that's just the nice things we did to them (took their land, broke up families, the list goes on and on).

Exactly it sickens me to think about it too

trikypenguin
09-18-2005, 03:25 PM
i totally agree with everything said

FiveFreshFish
09-18-2005, 03:27 PM

True. Hard to correct the injustices over the past couple of centuries though. Every country has problems with a particular group or groups of people, not just Canadians.

Vypros
09-18-2005, 03:29 PM
What pisses me off, is that before class everyday in elementary we used to sing oh canada and gods prayer.

People from other countries, like lebanon and india, came here and didn't like the fact that we rehearsed those beliefs in canada.

Okay, gods prayer, I can understand, you dont like our god, you like your god, we can live without reciting that in class everyday. But COME ON!

They complained about OH CANADA?! Now we cant even sing the national anthem in our schools anymore, because some religious immigrants from 3rd world countries complained about it being offensive.

How can singing the national anthem in class, before every day of school begins, be offensive.

Fuck, that REALLY pisses me off. People come here, and they change the way the country works. I loved the good days when everything was wholesome, pure.

Rockski
09-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by trikypenguin
i totally agree with everything said

then that makes you a fence sitter, because there has been many pionts presented here :D ;)

unfocus
09-18-2005, 03:30 PM
so why do echo's alwyas have to say "bitch" i mean don u have some kind of respect.

i mean just say what u wanna say but dont start cursing aswell and adding bitch after ur paragraph.

that is just plain ride.

Gurpy
09-18-2005, 03:33 PM
^ ^ I personally have no respect at all for beachgirl (lost it all once she said things about a country that were all false) so I can see why people wrote that after their paragraph.

andres_mt
09-18-2005, 03:38 PM
maybe immigrants avoid adapting to "Canadian" culture, because
they're afraid of the thought of rejection from "true canadians" who avoid understanding immigrant cultures in the first place...so from that you get a division in our society because it seems like you want immigrants to learn and respect your culture, but in most cases the canadians don't care to take the time to learn and respect the immigrant culture. so what im saying is, canada is a place where many cultures should come together and learn from each other, not one learning and respecting only about the other. that's just what i think

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Vypros
What pisses me off, is that before class everyday in elementary we used to sing oh canada and gods prayer.

People from other countries, like lebanon and india, came here and didn't like the fact that we rehearsed those beliefs in canada.

Okay, gods prayer, I can understand, you dont like our god, you like your god, we can live without reciting that in class everyday. But COME ON!

They complained about OH CANADA?! Now we cant even sing the national anthem in our schools anymore, because some religious immigrants from 3rd world countries complained about it being offensive.

How can singing the national anthem in class, before every day of school begins, be offensive.

Fuck, that REALLY pisses me off. People come here, and they change the way the country works. I loved the good days when everything was wholesome, pure.

When I was in a school there was a handfull of people that didn't stand nor did they even stay in the room when our national anthem played. I don't understand that? Now that's one thing.
Fine, leave the room, you have the choice to do so. Does it offend me and everyone else? Yes, very much so.

I worked with an Islamic girl a couple years back, I asked her what she did the day before, watch fireworks?
She asked why? I told her because it was Canada Day, she replied "We don't celebrate Canada Day, we don't believe in it"

Now fine you don't celebrate it. But what the hell does not believing in it mean? And why not celebrate it even? You can bet if I were living in another country I would celebrate their countries national day, I would give at least THAT much respect.

Weapon_R
09-18-2005, 03:45 PM

What?

*sigh*

Does anyone know what an "example" is? Anyone? Please raise your hand.

There are a lot of things that are apparent in your post, especially your first one here. You have a very low opinion of immigrants, especially those of Indian origin. I refer you to your first post, where you attempt to sound off by walking in front of your husband, riding in the front seat and committing adultery, all of which are obviously things you believe are beyond the limits of Indian women.

Your attempt to sound rebellious have instead made you sound uninformed, undereducated and intolerant towards those cultural and traditional practices of other races and cultures (which, by the way, do not forbid women to sit in the front seat of their vehicles or walk in front of their husbands).

unfocus
09-18-2005, 03:47 PM
^ true that... i mena atleast give it a shot it may not mean anything to you but atleast show some respect. I mean im a canadian citizen and i still remember my culture but ia also celebrate canadians traditions. anyways

gurpy - even thoug hu lost respect or u beleive she said such false word about our country still doesn't give anybody the right to call someone a bitch. its still disrespectful.. better thing to do is be a better person that they are...

by adding a bitch in the end of a paragraph is like starting a fight at a party or over the interenet.

unfocus
09-18-2005, 03:50 PM
this will be my last comment (cause i dont want to be bashed at)
LOL

i think this thread should be closed i mean its a good argument to get into or debate if u were still in hgihschool where EVERYONE would understand "examples" not taking it into somethign seriouse as some do.

but anyways i vote this thread to be close.

who knows people could start a fight over this...

5abi
09-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Woah, first yes, you people are ignorant, i challenge you to get an education and hold the same bias that you do after that.

Sikhs have the right to be sikhs and perform any job. Especially being RCMP officers, CPS officers, or part of the military. Before your biggoted mentality tries to enforce the rape of religion upon everyone other then your self, please stop being blind and realise even you are foriegn to this country. This is our ADOPTED land, and we love it with all our hearts. But the land truley belongs to the aboriginals which this thread so kindly ignores. Give a way in which the turban would infringe on anyones right if they are present in our police force? Give a way in which the turban infringes upon any ones rights? It quite frankly does not. You should have said no turbans when the sikhs in WW1 and WW2 gave 1% the largest per capita of their people to fight nazi oppression, or to fight the Japanese in burma. SO PLEASE.

And yah bitchgirl, your ignorance is baffeling, I challenge you to read a book. My mom always rides front seat if she does'nt drive, which she prefers to do most of the time, i have never seen in a punjabi household were the woman is treated as an inferior, as the woman is greater then man, for from women are born kings. Making the woman great. Baffeled is my brain at the hick complex in which you dwell.

Diagnoses LACK OF CULTURE.

jaysas_63
09-18-2005, 04:03 PM
beach girl...you are a sadly misinformed foolish girl....I honestly pity people like you, who cannot create a logical, and educated argument without making a total fool of ones self.

in order to critique another culture one must have first hand experience with it, not just talk to an "Islamic" girl LOL

Just for interest sake, how old are you, and what is your level of education?

Rockski
09-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by 5abi
Sikhs have the right to be sikhs and perform any job. Especially being RCMP officers, CPS officers, or part of the military. Before your biggoted mentality tries to enforce the rape of religion upon everyone other then your self, please stop being blind and realise even you are foriegn to this country.

well if sikhs have the right to be sikhs and perform any job, then so do white opressors...

the whole thing is, NOBODY WILL BE HAPPY UNLESS WE ALL GIVE UP OUR RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS BACKROUNDS... and since nobody is going to do that, then somebody in some group is going to be unhappy about how somebody is getting a special treatment... now not to get the whole turban racial thread started

(cause god [yea, thats right im allowed to say that cause its my religous beliefs] knows that we already have a thread for that argument, if you want to find it and bump it, search soccer+turban+INTOLERANCE)

but i do find it unfair how people under the age of 18 or however the law states, that people have to wear helmets, unless they wear turbans... i know that they have the religous right to it... but at the same time, i have the same religous right to arugue that i can go without a helmet too... because i know that its not going to protect me. if god wants to take me, no ammount of plastic and styrofoam is going to save me, hes (GOD) gonna fuckin take me

AND NOW IM GONNA GET FLAMED

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 04:16 PM

Something tells me you hate Indian people for some reason?

FYI, Indian women walk behind, beside, infront of their husbands as they choose. They sit in the back, front seats as they choose.

And (sadly) they commit adultry if they choose. (Not as much as in Canada, but it happens).

And a MERRRY Christmas to you too!

You ignorant bitch. Now wut?

Ok, I really don’t like the fact that a small group of the people on this board don’t know how to debate without passing insults. Is it that you can’t find a more intelligent way of speaking that you have to resort to first grade antics?

Attack ones point of view, fine, that’s the point, attack what they have written and post your rebuttal, but to attack a persons character based on a few screen words, and to pass judgment on who you may think they are is ignorance at it’s finest.

Ehos; if you feel I’m a bitch for what I’ve written, then so be it.
If I were like you and could pass judgment on you I would say from what I know, that your life is so dreary and unfulfilling that you have to resort to trying to put people down to make yourself feel better, you’re a bully, someone so insecure that they fight off anything or anyone who may cross them the wrong way, that you sit there high and mighty behind your computer, too afraid to live in reality, too afraid to be out in “The real world” and society. I’ll let you sit there and enjoy probably the only thing you have or ever will have close to you. Your computer. What a life you live indeed my friend. What a life. Enjoy your walls, enjoy your life filled of loneliness and solitude.

5abi
09-18-2005, 04:18 PM
rockski, your post is so gramatically disgusting, I can't make heads or tails of it.

Learn ENGLISH :english:

Rockski
09-18-2005, 04:21 PM
can you please post which parts are gramatically discusting to you, so i can edit them for your benifit. all because im just an understanding person

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Something else to consider, I dated an indian/philapino guy for almost 2 years. So yeah, I must be racists against indians, why else would I have dated one?

Rockski
09-18-2005, 04:25 PM
mayby thats how you became intollerant

Gurpy
09-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Rockski, where does it say white opressors DON'T have the right to work anywhere?

ehos
09-18-2005, 04:48 PM

Ehos; if you feel I’m a bitch for what I’ve written, then so be it.
behind your computer, too afraid to live in reality, too afraid to be out in “The real world” and society. I’ll let you sit there and enjoy probably the only thing you have or ever will have close to you.

I'm not the only one calling you bitch. I think almost 7 people have called you that. (Lost count). Go ahead, count how many people respect your ideas.

Second, it's pretty hypocritical to spout on about 'reality' when you have no clue about 'reality.' You talk about passing judgement?

Wow, talk about clueless. You're the one who's passing judgement. At least I'm basing my opinion on what you wrote. You're the one making assumptions about me.

Hypocrite.

ehos
09-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Oh yeah,

why don't you cry about it? :)

Rockski
09-18-2005, 04:50 PM
i never said that they didnt, but its the same deal as the sikhs, the point im trying to bang home is that sikhs white opressors, ECT for any race and belife, have the right to belive what they want, and if religion follows over in to the work place... THEN THATS FINE, but they (being whoever brings thier beliefs to the workplace) need to be tolerant of the people WHO HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO BE TOLERANT OF THEM... (AND VICE VERSA)

its kind of the customer is always right thing

people are not going to be happy if religous beliefs are being brought into businesses or workplaces, thats the bottom line...

dragonone
09-18-2005, 04:56 PM
hasn't this been debated on here before?

I mean i agree that this is a country of canadians (well natives originally hah), and that any other foreign person should abide to some language, custom, or culture.

but i mean look at vancouver or richmond, last time i was there ppl at richmond centre (a caucasian mall if anything) approached me speaking chinese

there's no way to control this, by letting them immigrate, and especially to the same place, you already opened the flood gates. obviously i'm chinese and i don't mind, but i can see how this might offend some other ppl

Rockski
09-18-2005, 04:58 PM
there will always be intolerance as long as theres differences, thats just how people are, theres no such thing as canadian cultre as long as were living by a "mosaic" (sorry to quote grade 9 material) stlye of beliefs, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT WE CAN (hopefully) ACCEPT EACHOTHER FOR WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY BELIVE IN (which doesnt happen, but i challege each one of you on this forum to do it)

everybody needs to, not so to say dissregard color of skin and religous beliefs, but wrather to embrace them for who they are and what they are... even the "BAD APPLES"

Rockski
09-18-2005, 04:59 PM
i think every body here needs to sit down and watch a south park episode about mormanism ;)

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 05:06 PM

I'm not the only one calling you bitch. I think almost 7 people have called you that. (Lost count). Go ahead, count how many people respect your ideas.

Second, it's pretty hypocritical to spout on about 'reality' when you have no clue about 'reality.' You talk about passing judgement?

Wow, talk about clueless. You're the one who's passing judgement. At least I'm basing my opinion on what you wrote. You're the one making assumptions about me.

Hypocrite.

*sigh* That was the point of my assumptions just then.

You know what, maybe it's just me and the both of you who labeled me a bitch are right. I'm a bitch, all others I've come into contact with (in the real world) my entire life have been wrong, now I see the light!
You've opened my eyes to so much more, I should thank you.
You and your imitation of "reality"

You know it's fun to pretend to be something you're not isn't Ehos?

Made_To_Love
09-18-2005, 05:09 PM
If I were to move to another country, let's say Germany, do you really think I would give up everything I have learned in Canada ie. religious views, the way I dress and such? No way. I would speak to my kids in english but make sure they spoke german at school and such, dress how ever I want and keep my same beliefs. I think people that choose to come to Canada from India and where ever do so for a better way of life, but they shouldn't have to give up everything they know from there home country, how scary would that be? I agree they should learn the countries national language for simple matters (it would be hella hard to order at a restaurant if you didn't know how to read the menu) but in the same sense should be able to communicate among friends and family in whatever way they find easiest. Canada is the land of the free and that is why people come here from all over the world, it doesn't make it a bad place because it is multicultural, just makes it more interesting.

Made_To_Love
09-18-2005, 05:14 PM

We are, in the main, Christians, not Buddists, Muslims or Islamics because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

And because somebody who was Christian founded Canada means that we all have to be Christians and makes us bad citizens if we aren't? I was born and raised here, I don't have a religion, but believe me in school when they mentioned God, I was quite dumbfounded as to what people were talking about. Religion is a personal choice, nobody SHOULD HAVE TO believe in anything if they don't want to.The editorial sounds like it was written by some angry teenager.

Beachgirl
09-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Ok, Im not religious either, and the religious comment was hard for me to swallow as well. I wasn't brought up in a religious household. I agree that whatever religion you wish to take on, or whatever religion is within your culture is your right to practice.

As for Made-To-Love comments, don't get me wrong, I find other cultures fascinating, this wasn't to say that everyone should take on Canada Culture as we know it within your own household, by all means, and of course that's your right to raise your children bilingual etc. But, immigrants want us to accept their culture and let them live their way, to extent of course, fine, then accept ours as well. It wasn’t saying to give up everything you’ve learned, this is simply stating that changing what already has been for many years is unfair, we have to be so careful not to offend anyone, watch everything we say or do for fear that it may be taken as a shun against another country and it’s beliefs.

Canada is so afraid that other countries of the world will dislike us that we are willing to give up our own culture and we are willing to offend Canadians so that as long as everyone else, immigrants here and all others around the world are happy.
That I don't agree with.

jaysas_63
09-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
i never said that they didnt, but its the same deal as the sikhs, the point im trying to bang home is that sikhs white opressors, ECT for any race and belife, have the right to belive what they want, and if religion follows over in to the work place... THEN THATS FINE, but they (being whoever brings thier beliefs to the workplace) need to be tolerant of the people WHO HAVE THE RIGHT NOT TO BE TOLERANT OF THEM... (AND VICE VERSA)

its kind of the customer is always right thing

people are not going to be happy if religous beliefs are being brought into businesses or workplaces, thats the bottom line...

you are actually wrong...the point you are making is that if sikhs can wear a turban, why can't a white opressor wear the klan hood ( u made that point earlier, and are going back to it in the above quote)

fact is you are wrong, the sikhs turban is a religous artifact worn on ones self, much like the christian cross, or jewish star of david, all of these symbols are reflective of a religion, which are peaceful in nature ( i personally am against religon and belive this not to be the case, but that is aside from the point)

HOWEVER the klan hood is a symbol of HATE, and VIOLENCE, and that is why the kkk are deemed an ilegal group in canada, you are comparing appels, and oranges. if i see someone wearing a turban or christian cross, i am not offended, but if i see some one waltsing around with a klan hood, i will be very pissed off.

Rockski
09-18-2005, 05:44 PM

you are actually wrong...the point you are making is that if sikhs can wear a turban, why can't a white opressor wear the klan hood ( u made that point earlier, and are going back to it in the above quote)

fact is you are wrong, the sikhs turban is a religous artifact worn on ones self, much like the christian cross, or jewish star of david, all of these symbols are reflective of a religion, which are peaceful in nature ( i personally am against religon and belive this not to be the case, but that is aside from the point)

HOWEVER the klan hood is a symbol of HATE, and VIOLENCE, and that is why the kkk are deemed an ilegal group in canada, you are comparing appels, and oranges. if i see someone wearing a turban or christian cross, i am not offended, but if i see some one waltsing around with a klan hood, i will be very pissed off.

actualy the point i was trying to make is that if sikhs can wear a turban, christians can wear a cross and have them displayed on thier house or in their business, didnt say anything about a klan hood, yet why cant they, if theyre not associated with the klan, and dont go to meetings and dont have any hatred to people of other races, why cant somebody dress up in a white hood with a dunce cap under it... i mean its not even acceptable at haloween.

i mentioned white opressor, mayby it was a bad term, but not all white oppressors go to klan meetings...

*EDIT* and i never once mentioned the klan before this post, you brought that in *EDIT*

BlueGoblin
09-18-2005, 05:45 PM
How about the Mounty's. A few indians tried to fight to wear their turbans as part of the uniform! Are you kidding, its a "uniform" our country has lost what it means to be Canadian.

I will probably regret jumping to this turd-flinging-festival, but here goes.

I know that this is picking apart one bit of your argument, but I think that the bit I quoted bears some discussion.

In September, 1974, the RCMP uniform was altered substantially when women were allowed to wear it. Do you disagree with this change in response to political pressure as well?

Incidentally, the RCMP uniform code permitted for decades the wearing of insignia celebrating the non-Canadian country of origin of its wearer. English -borne officers were permitted to wear a small pin of a rose, Scottish officers the thistle and Welsh officers a leek pin.

If the RCMP can make accomodations to the uniform for women -and fairly drastic changes for pregnant women - and officers born in Great Britain, then I don't see much difficulty in accomodating a Sikh's Turban. I personally think that a turban in a colour matching the rest of the uniform looks perfectly professional.

Its important to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Making way for turbans in the RCMP crosses no line for me; The thought of people not having to have a photo of their face on their driver's license or passport goes too far.

Remember our country is as great as it is because of the freedoms that we enjoy - freedom of and from religion for instance. I would not restrict these freedoms for anybody to try to cling to some nostalgic notion of a homogenous Canada.

Toms-SC
09-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Maybe you all could do me a favour and realise she did not write this article. It was copy & pasted to raise a talk and now your all attacking her like she wrote it? :rolleyes: