PDA

View Full Version : Headunit install on 95' Pathfinder

nismodrifter
02-08-2003, 02:23 PM
I installed a headunit in my pathfinder last night but I am having one problem, the lights on it stay on all the time (like when you turn the key the lights are always on) rather than just turning on when the headlights are on.

I am using the Metra harness and there is an orange wire there for illumination but I have no idea as to where that wire goes on the harness that came with my headunit (there is no wire coming from the headunit harness that says illumination)

I will appreciate it if anyone could tell me where this goes..thx

davidI
02-08-2003, 02:27 PM
The head unit may be designed to do that...have the lights always on. There's nothing wrong with having them on all of the time.

not all head units will wire into the illumination so yours probably falls under this category.

nismodrifter
02-08-2003, 02:30 PM
alright, I thought about that but I thought it was just weird that they stay on all the time

95acc
02-08-2003, 08:25 PM
the lights should not stay on all the time, what kind of deck is it?

nismodrifter
02-08-2003, 08:52 PM
95acc please check your pm

davidI
02-08-2003, 11:23 PM
now I'm curious if I'm wrong with what I said...haha, let me know what you figure out!

nismodrifter
02-09-2003, 12:23 AM
the light SHOULD not be on all the time, its just not normal

nismodrifter
02-09-2003, 01:23 AM
alright I think I figured it out........because of the headunit I have (there is no illumination lead coming from the harness), there is no way that it will be able to turn off/on when the lights are off or on

del-lude
02-11-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
I installed a headunit in my pathfinder last night but I am having one problem, the lights on it stay on all the time (like when you turn the key the lights are always on) rather than just turning on when the headlights are on.

I am using the Metra harness and there is an orange wire there for illumination but I have no idea as to where that wire goes on the harness that came with my headunit (there is no wire coming from the headunit harness that says illumination)

I will appreciate it if anyone could tell me where this goes..thx

If you wired the power source to your ignition then the lights should come on when you turn the key and not when you turn on the headlights. In my pathfinder the lights are on too if the key is in the first ignition position. If you pull out the key and the lights are on then you have a problem. Sounds pretty normal to me....:dunno:

nismodrifter
02-11-2003, 03:31 PM
yeah the lights turn off when the key is out (it would be messed it they didn't) but they just don't turn on / off with the headlights.

its no real problem, but I guess I am just too picky about these things:dunno:

I don't really care about it anymore