PDA

View Full Version : rogers plan plus Q's

lastprodigy
09-18-2005, 06:16 PM
how much to cancel a rogers contract?? like over the max amount of months....

also, what are your plans like ..... mines ok (company plan) but i jsut flat out need more minutes....

mine is 200 daytime unlim eve/wkends - $20 (regularly 30)
early eve - 6pm instead of 8 $5/month
75 sent txt/call id/voice mail bundle $9/month

so 45 bucks after everything and the 6.95

just wondering what plans you guys got i need at least 4-500 mins daytime or would want to add free rogers to rogers or unlimited incoming.....anyone got those features....just looking for some suggestions....

ive actually contemplated cancelling it to get a free 6 months on a new contract then cancel it again and keep doing that and just sell the phone after ...... would work out to ~60/month which is what it comes to anywyas.....lemme know!

t-im
09-18-2005, 06:20 PM
hey how'd you get your corporate plan to be lower??

I use to have a corporate plan - $20.00 (150daytime, unlimited evening and weekend) but I switched to a $50.00 a month plan or something (something crazy like 700 daytime minutes, unlimited evening and weekend @ 6) when Rogers had that retention thing going on - had to sign a 3yr, but that's not a biggie to me since I switch phones often. It's free for a year.

After that, i'll switch back to a corporate plan - sucks though cause i'm sure my plan is long gone :(

Kamen
09-18-2005, 07:28 PM
Cancelling a Rogers contract is $20/month up to the end date of said contract or a max of $200 I believe.

My plan:
100 weekday
1000 evening and weekend
unlimited incoming
Rogers 2 Rogers
1000 LD in Canada

$25/month

plus $5 call display and the network fees etc

PinkKitty
09-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Omg, that's the one I was gonna get before they told me to do it myself...!

Well I think if you want Rogers To Rogers you need to sign the contract again...

Yes, the goddamn 3 years contract again.

I am using the $12 bundle, I think, but I never activate my voice mail... btw, anyone know the code?

I was using a family plan with a friend... and now we both have to call up and change it to individual plans, kinda... suck.

lastprodigy
09-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by t-im
hey how'd you get your corporate plan to be lower??

I use to have a corporate plan - $20.00 (150daytime, unlimited evening and weekend) but I switched to a $50.00 a month plan or something (something crazy like 700 daytime minutes, unlimited evening and weekend @ 6) when Rogers had that retention thing going on - had to sign a 3yr, but that's not a biggie to me since I switch phones often. It's free for a year.

After that, i'll switch back to a corporate plan - sucks though cause i'm sure my plan is long gone :(

i dont know of any other corporate plans? maybe its different with different companieS???

Originally posted by Kamen
Cancelling a Rogers contract is $20/month up to the end date of said contract or a max of $200 I believe.

My plan:
100 weekday
1000 evening and weekend
unlimited incoming
Rogers 2 Rogers
1000 LD in Canada

$25/month

plus $5 call display and the network fees etc
this is the plan i want...is this something their offering or is this something special....i NEED either unlimited incoming or rogers 2 rogers...at least one of the 2......cuz my bills are comming up pretty expensive......and LD too? thats awesome...did you sign it recently??

lastprodigy
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
yeah just called rogers and im gonna switch to this plan...

$25
100 wkday
1000 eve/wkend
unlimited incoming
100 LD in canada (kamen, was the 1000 a typo?)

and i forgot to ask about rogers to rogers.....either wya...gonan switch to that plan...its way better than my current one for the same price

PinkKitty
09-18-2005, 10:24 PM
I think for Rogers to Rogers you need to be a U of C student and then sign a new contract with Rogers. They just add to your current plan and there you go.

Not sure if it's a 3 year contract or not... Let's hope not, I am getting it too.

lastprodigy
09-18-2005, 10:27 PM
yeah im still on month 13 of a 3 year plan so i dont think ill get R2R but ill have to check oh well....at least its much better cuz most ppl call me anyways

PinkKitty
09-18-2005, 10:38 PM
lol yea, that applies to me too.

HOw long did it take you to call Rogers and change your plan?

'Cause I have to do it with my cell, wonder if I'll exceed the limit...

lastprodigy
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by PinkKitty
lol yea, that applies to me too.

HOw long did it take you to call Rogers and change your plan?

'Cause I have to do it with my cell, wonder if I'll exceed the limit...

*611 doesnt cahrge you minutes...but i just called 20 miins ago, jsut pressed 0 write away to speak to someone and not deal with the voice recognition system

Kamen
09-18-2005, 11:49 PM
If you are already on an approved megatime plan and are a student at a post secondary institution all you have to do is call in and add campus calling (Rogers 2 Rogers) and it is free.

If not you will have to sign a minimum of 2 years.

And no, no typo on the 1000 LD within Canada.
100 LD is with the $25 unlimited incoming plan, the 1000 is with campus calling option.

If you aren't a student you can still add Rogers 2 Rogers for $15 each month as an option.

Oh and I had it added last month. I walked into a Rogers store cuz it was in the mall I was in at the time and the sales guy did it for me; he was being nice about it. All I had to do was give him my name, phone number, postal code, university and student number and he had it all done.

saiyajin
09-19-2005, 12:00 AM
If you are already on an approved megatime plan and are a student at a post secondary institution all you have to do is call in and add campus calling (Rogers 2 Rogers) and it is free.

100 LD is with the $25 unlimited incoming plan, the 1000 is with campus calling option.

If you aren't a student you can still add Rogers 2 Rogers for $15 each month as an option.

Oh and I had it added last month. I walked into a Rogers store cuz it was in the mall I was in at the time and the sales guy did it for me; he was being nice about it. All I had to do was give him my name, phone number, postal code, university and student number and he had it all done.

for rogers2rogers does it have to be UofC students only?

lastprodigy
09-19-2005, 12:05 AM
so the 25 dollar plan for uni students gives you 1000 LD and rogers to rogers? any uni? i dont go to u of c, ....... also, Kamen, was that a new activation?

Weapon_R
09-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin

for rogers2rogers does it have to be UofC students only?

no it applies to any rogers customer

saiyajin
09-19-2005, 12:30 AM
no i mean can only UofC students apply for it

soupey
09-19-2005, 12:33 AM
my plan = business plan 20/month

i called in and asked to cancel, they ended up giving me a free 50mins/month for a year. so in the end i get

150 + 50mins daytime, and free evenings n weekends 6pm-8am.

need to be an employee at selected companies to get it...

price plan 1181.

edit: the monthly rate is 20, not 25

lastprodigy
09-19-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by soupey
my plan = business plan 25/month

i called in and asked to cancel, they ended up giving me a free 50mins/month for a year. so in the end i get

150 + 50mins daytime, and free evenings n weekends 6pm-8am.

need to be an employee at selected companies to get it...

price plan 1181.

your "deal" is what i got off the bat....not that great imo the 25 plan is still better

Kamen
09-19-2005, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
so the 25 dollar plan for uni students gives you 1000 LD and rogers to rogers? any uni? i dont go to u of c, ....... also, Kamen, was that a new activation?
$25 plan:
100 weekday
1000 evening/weekend
unlimited incoming
100 LD

campus calling option $15 credit:
Rogers to Rogers
1000 LD

and no, it was not a new activation, just a price plan change.

Originally posted by saiyajin
no i mean can only UofC students apply for it

No, anybody can add this option but if you are a student at a post secondary institution you will get it free/credited back to you each month for the duration of your term. otherwise it's a $15 option to add on top of your current price plan.

ie.
Student : $25 plan + r2r ($0) = $25
Non Student: $25 plan + r2r ($15) = $40

soupey
09-19-2005, 07:58 AM

your "deal" is what i got off the bat....not that great imo the 25 plan is still better

woops the plan is 20/month, not 25. still the same deal?

and...i use my phone a TON in the evenings, i'd never take 1000mins over unlimited.

PinkKitty
09-19-2005, 10:21 AM

OMFG, he did it for you? Which mall?!?!?!

HRD2PLZ
09-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Mine Rogers plan is:

700 anytime mins
Unlimited Eves/Wknds after 6:00
Voicemail
Caller ID
Call waiting
Conf. calling, etc

~$70/mo with tax, 9-1-1, System Access fee.

lastprodigy
09-19-2005, 11:54 AM

woops the plan is 20/month, not 25. still the same deal?

and...i use my phone a TON in the evenings, i'd never take 1000mins over unlimited.

yeah mines 20 for 200 and unlimited eve/wkend...... hmm 1000 is enough cuz of unlimited oncoming anytime, thats the selling point for me cuz pl always call me in the daytime and all the family calls me as well so it works.....

lastprodigy
09-29-2005, 04:33 PM
couple more questions...

anyone on rogers have per second billing? does fido still have it?

also, is it easy to change the name on a contract or is there a charge anything...i would call but those people annoy me so i figure id ask here first

silvercivicsir
09-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Unless you have a really old plan or special corporate plan per second billing is gone. Fido still has it on all plans except there 10 dollar one and prepaid..

You have to Call in A request a tor, the new person then all to call in and pass a credit check before they will transfer the phone out of your name and into their's

Weapon_R
09-29-2005, 04:44 PM
Rogers does not have per-second billing, but with Fido it is standard on most of their plans. It saves a ton of money for those 5 second calls.

To change the name on the contract, you need the new contract holder to request that your plan be transferred, and you need to call them. If you do it through a corporate account, the original contract holder does not need to give them permission. I transferred my Rogers line to my dads company and they did it automatically, so they pay for it now, and I signed up for a cheaper Fido account :bigpimp:

lastprodigy
09-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Rogers does not have per-second billing, but with Fido it is standard on most of their plans. It saves a ton of money for those 5 second calls.

To change the name on the contract, you need the new contract holder to request that your plan be transferred, and you need to call them. If you do it through a corporate account, the original contract holder does not need to give them permission. I transferred my Rogers line to my dads company and they did it automatically, so they pay for it now, and I signed up for a cheaper Fido account :bigpimp:

so can I transfer my plan to any compnay and have them pay the bill ":D

HuMz
09-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Be careful if you sign up again with the 6 months free, i signed up back last winter and was on contract for 12 months free local calling only to have them cancel it after 6 without telling me and now im stuck with a 300$ bill they took off my visa until they can figure out why the problem happened and they won't be able to credit me with cash it will have to be in redeemable bill credits.......all ive got is hassless and now im stuck waiting, my advice for anyone about to buy with rogers is to stay away

Weapon_R
09-29-2005, 05:25 PM

so can I transfer my plan to any compnay and have them pay the bill ":D

hahah, no. A corporate account holder in good standing may be able to transfer your plan to their account. It doesn't work the other way around.

lastprodigy
09-29-2005, 05:58 PM
what if it is currently in a family members name through their corporate rate and i switched the plan now so it no onger needs to be in their name....then what happens?

Krayzie
09-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
Mine Rogers plan is:

700 anytime mins
Unlimited Eves/Wknds after 6:00
Voicemail
Caller ID
Call waiting
Conf. calling, etc

~$70/mo with tax, 9-1-1, System Access fee.

my plan is almost like that
700 anytime mins
unlimited evens/weekends after 6:00
caller id
call waiting
conf calling and all that

19 bucks a month, no typ0, 19 bucks a month....with all the system access fees and everything

saiyajin
09-30-2005, 11:20 AM
...i have per second billing on my rogers plan...but only after the first minute:dunno:

lastprodigy
11-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Thought I would post here instead of making a new thread. Who else finds it gay that you need to call long distance to check your voicemail if you are out of town :banghead: I have LD minutes but thats just gay.

Weapon_R
11-14-2005, 09:51 PM
It's also dumb that you get charged LD when someone calls you with a blocked # from out of town.

lastprodigy
11-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
It's also dumb that you get charged LD when someone calls you with a blocked # from out of town.

umm as long as you are in your own area code, all incoming are only charged as airtime, doesnt matter where they are from...Now if you go to Vancouver and receive calls (no matter from where) its LD + airtime!

soupey
11-15-2005, 02:54 AM
not true, my friends from lethbridge call me sometimes while they're in town and i get charged like crazy, it sucks cuz u cant even tell even if u have caller id, the number still looks local:thumbsdow

in*10*se
11-15-2005, 02:15 PM
my own plan, it beats my company's corporate plan.

$25 - 200 mins daytime
- free even/weekends @ 6pm
- free call display
- $1.95 system access fee

GSR Zero
11-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Krayzie

my plan is almost like that
700 anytime mins
unlimited evens/weekends after 6:00
caller id
call waiting
conf calling and all that

19 bucks a month, no typ0, 19 bucks a month....with all the system access fees and everything

How did you get this plan?!?

lastprodigy
11-15-2005, 04:53 PM
not true, my friends from lethbridge call me sometimes while they're in town and i get charged like crazy, it sucks cuz u cant even tell even if u have caller id, the number still looks local:thumbsdow

i have unlimited incoming local calls....no matter where the call is from as long as im in my own area code its local, thats how mine works and how i have always been told.....

if you call them even if theyre in town its LD, but not vice versa