PDA

View Full Version : Rogers = Erm...

PinkKitty
09-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Here's the thing I encountered this weekend.

I am using this plan with only 150 minutes for weekdays and unlimited for weekends, but recently people have been calling me like crazy, so I am running out of minutes. So... I decided to change my plan for a better one. My friend told me about this one plan that's suitable, I guess, for me. $25 per month for unlimited incoming calls, 100min daytime and 1000 nighttime and weekends, plus if you are U of C student you get Rogers to Rogers 1000 min (no extra charge). Sounds great? Yea, I thought so too. HOWEVER, I went to a Rogers located in downtown, I was about to ask for their plans suitable for U of C student, they answered me with this. "Well, we have lots of plan, but which one do you want? I mean, I can't tell you every single one, you need to tell me one of them then I'll tell you if you will like it or not" OKay first, I am a customer... I am trying to find out any new plans that's good for U of C student, not any plan I've already known of... Second, =\ weren't they supposed to SELL their goddamn plans?

So then I chose the one that I want, here's the part where I really didn't like... They gave me a phone number and said "Call it and do it yourself, have a great day." Erm... Great service? I mean... You are telling a customer to call up to Rogers and change her plan herself? Wow, great, thanks. Rogers is the most expensive company out of Fido and Telius... >.< Too bad I sign this three years contract with Rogers (yep, for cheaper phones lol), man that pissed me off.

Anyone encoutered that before? I think I am going to the one in TD and see if they do the same to me though...

Shaolin
09-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Never had a problem with Rogers.. I got my phone setup at Wireless Wave 4 years ago.. I asked about WiFi and plan changes (because I wanted email) and they just gave me the number to call.. I ended up changing my plan and everything else online. Only had to give them a call when I had to get internet.com setup.

Although if you're more assertive in getting it done for you, they will..

I was waiting in line to ask them a question about plans, and this one older lady was in front of me.. (they only had 1 guy working).. anyway, she didn't know ANYTHING about the phone and after asking more than once they finally called the number and did everything for her.

Kamen
09-18-2005, 07:25 PM
A lot of employees are Rogers stores tell you to call *611 to change price plans and add campus calling yourself.
Basically it's a free call for you and it's easy as hell to do it.
I'd say if you run into a dealer nice enough to do that for you then you are lucky since the make nothing off of it and they just waste their time calling CSRs and waiting on hold to do something you could do yourself easily.

Rogers service has always been questionable. The only reason I am with them is the MAD SEEG!
And...well...by comparison Rogers phones are superior to the competition.

I am currently using an S710a and I know of a couple guys using Black RAZRs. No other service provider comes close to those phones.

PinkKitty
09-18-2005, 07:45 PM
The number they gave me was a 1-800 number, but the thing is... I think she gave me an Asian service number, lol they didn't understand what I was saying...

=\ Thanks though, I think I'll do it when a friend who knows more about Roger plans with me.

BebeAphrodite
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Why don't you do it yourself? Some times 'special' plans like the promo ones dealers can't even change because you have to be a new activation or doing a renewal. Sometimes those promo plans you have to arrange with customer service to get.

You realise that most dealers work off of commission and I'm not sure if Rogers charges dealerships for making calls to channel care because I know other companies do (not sure if it's been implemented but when Telus sales people call channel care it can cost $10).

And when someone asks 'what plan is suitable for a U of C student', how would a salesperson be able to read your mind or know about your life? The salesperson was right, there are tons of plans, some U of C students only need a base plan while others need evenings and weekends.

So to sum it up, they make no money off of you because you currently have a plan already and other times the situation is out of their hands.

I'd save your time and theirs and just call at home to switch your plans or get information on features and the internet contains all the plans, etc.

PinkKitty
09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
I know, but they do have plans for U of C students. Not a lot but they usually tell you the "best" one that they can get the most profit off you from. I mean, at least sell them, not just go "I don't know".

And it really depends on the person.

Last time I went just to change my bundle and that lady did it for me.

And you think if I could do it at home I wouldn't?

You know how much this goddamn family charge me per minute? (I am renting their basement).

=\ Thanks for helping anyway, appreciate it.

And really, I didn't INTENT to waste anyone's time but I ran out of min, and this family charges me for their phone.

Kamen
09-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Well, now you know by calling *611 to reach Rogers CSR it doesn't cost any minutes. :)
Good luck on the price plan changes.

PinkKitty
09-19-2005, 10:18 AM
^^ Thanks man

Appreciate all your help XD