PDA

View Full Version : WTB: RUNNING, 4 cyl, FWD, AUTO car for $100 (or less)

Thaco
09-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Looking for a new race car to build over the winter as my previous one got claimed.

It does not NEED to be a car (can be a Van or Truck too) But, It MUST be the following:
FWD
4CYL
AUTO
RUNNING (this part can be negotiated as long as it is remotely easy to fix)
$100 Or Less

This is for the Claimer Class on the oval out at race city.
Claimer Car Rules For Those Interested! (http://www.racecity.com/rules.php?n=32)

How many people do you know that can say thier former car is now a race car? :D

Here is a photo of my last car (which i got on here for $20 from a guy on beyond) so if you have anything that fits the bill shoot me a PM.

EDIT: I Can buy a write off in this situation (as long as it is still drivable)!!

Dave P
09-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Bump for claimers haha

93hustler
09-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Police auction might be your best bet for something this cheap

Vypros
09-21-2005, 05:13 PM
How does claimer car work. If you see it, and its yours, you pay race city $420 for it? :dunno:

racerjim
09-21-2005, 05:24 PM
you can go to the races and after the night of racing you can buy any car on the track for 420 bucks, the 400 goes to the owner and race city takes 20, but the owner gets too keep the 4 point racing harness so you have to buy one of those as well, then the car is your and next race you bring it out and race it.

pretty simple, thats why the cars must be cheap as they can be bought for 400 bucks any race during the year.

Thaco
09-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by racerjim
you can go to the races and after the night of racing you can buy any car on the track for 420 bucks, the 400 goes to the owner and race city takes 20, but the owner gets too keep the 4 point racing harness so you have to buy one of those as well, then the car is your and next race you bring it out and race it.

pretty simple, thats why the cars must be cheap as they can be bought for 400 bucks any race during the year.

yea, so if you spend more than say $300 on a car, you're going to lose money because you put almost $100 worth of steel (safety equipment) in to the car...(and probably at least a good 20 hours of work(if you know what you're doing)) so unless you have a sponsor you dont want to spend more than $100 on a car unless it runs and drives perfectly.