PDA

View Full Version : I am buying a tamron lens

Thaco
09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I have acquired the cash to buy a new tamron 28-75 2.8 XR Di what do you guys suggest as the best place to purchase this lens with the cheapest price and best exchange policy (or facilities to check the sharpness before I purchase it.) (I want the ability to exchange it until I find that razor sharp copy I am looking for)

DJ Lazy
09-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I would have suggest BH Photo, but that would make exchanges tricky.. haha. But it would be cheaper for purchase *usuaully*.

The Camera Store seems to have good prices. I find Saneal to be 10-20 bux more expensive compared to other Calgary shops.

benyl
09-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Don's photo if they carry it.

BH Photo is probably the best given the current exchange rate.

turboMiata
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
yeah, i like bh too, but it's too much of a pita for exchanges.

the camera store is usually your best bet. they have really good service and would be able to get you the sharp copy you want. saneal eats dirt.

Ben
09-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata
yeah, i like bh too, but it's too much of a pita for exchanges.

the camera store is usually your best bet. they have really good service and would be able to get you the sharp copy you want. saneal eats dirt.

:werd: :werd: and :werd: to saneal:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Thaco
09-19-2005, 04:17 PM
i called the camera store, they can only special order that lens and they have no way of testing it for me.

i really would like to order from BH but that would screw any warrenty and if i were able to send it in for warrenty (recal) it would take forever.

DJ Lazy
09-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Doesn't BH Photo provide a 1 year warranty on all lens? :dunno:

Thaco
09-19-2005, 04:47 PM
probably but i am sure it would be at my shipping cost to return it... almost making the price difference kinda useless.