PDA

View Full Version : Tai Chi

gggunit
09-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Anyone ever do any Tai Chi, I am really interested in taking some Tai Chi classes, but dont know where to start.. any tips or direction?

Thanks in advance

hockeybronx
09-19-2005, 11:31 PM
Tai Chi is excellent for agility, core strength, relaxation, and most importantly flexibility.

I would recommend buying a DVD, rather than taking a class at some downstairs hole in the wall establishment where after one class you are looking into buying a bullet proof vest, and your car has been keyed.

With the DVD you can do it in your home which is a little more comfortable, and you can do it as often as you want. Probably after about 2 weeks you can do it all by yourself without the DVD in a park or wherever, which is great when you go on vacation.

As far as finding DVD's try Future Shop, Best Buy, HMV, Wal-Mart etc.

Beachgirl
09-20-2005, 08:15 AM
Well it depends on what you're looking for, mixing up your regular gym routine in anyway you can is always a good thing, and as hockeybronx mentioned, it's great way to improve core-strength and flexibility.

But agreed, if you want to get into it start with it at home, no use forking out the cash for something you may not enjoy. Feel it out first.

Along side my gym routines I box, and have been for 5 years plus. I find it's great for stress and endurance. It has elongated my muscles and not to mention it gives you a great set of abs. :thumbsup:

dimsum125
09-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Calgary Tai Chi and Martial Arts College (http://caltaichi.topcities.com)

Check it out:thumbsup:

xcelr8
10-09-2005, 01:42 AM
yaah Calgary Tai Chi and Martial Arts College !!!
:thumbsup:

i do wushu there, great teacher
im sure videos wont help much because breathing is involved with taichi and yeah...

plus this is an awesome teacher, you should see all the medals the students from the school win in national and international competitions

and recently the teacher just gained status as being a judge for wushu competitions in china, so you'll get a top notch teacher

:D