PDA

View Full Version : Mazda RX-7 Turbo II

redbaron303
02-09-2003, 01:18 AM
She could use a good wash if you look at the photos. She's had some rust repair done over the winter so now there's very little if any rust left... Which isn't a big deal because the engine is sweeeeeeet!

Here are the specs to this crazy fast Turbo RX-7:
Specs (to my knowledge)

1987 Mazda Rx-7 Turbo II
-Blueish Grey
-Blue Interior
-5 Spd w/ awesome clutch (stock)
-Factory 16' wheels & 16' Fittipaldi wheels
-Racing Beat Exhaust
-Chipped
-K&N FilterCharger
- 208***km
-Lowered Suspension
-Power Windows, Locks, Sunroof
-Alarm
-Keyless Entry
-Yearly Tuneup done (last spring)
-Oil always changed (non-synthetic, that's a good thing)
-Fuel pump cutoff switch
-13B Turbo Rotary
-power steering
-4 wheel disc brakes (abs?)

Anything else that I think of I will post later. This is a friend's car and he's been contemplating picking up something more practical for his needs. He's owned the car for 2 or 3 years and it has been religiously maintained in that time, literally driven about 1000km since he's owned it. He is supposidly the second owner of this car and it was previously owned by a lawyer who had a thing for sports cars and said he took very good care of it.

If you're interrested in this car, post a message here and I'll pm you when I have some time. The owner hasn't decided on a selling price yet, but is open to reasonable offers, don't waste our time with $1000.00 offers, as he will not sell for nothing.

Imagestation Photo Album - RX7 Turbo (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4290698323)

redbaron303
02-09-2003, 01:19 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p5ddda018f36dc24f404f936a7c32c2d3/fcaa3c1c.jpg

(There isn't anything leaking from the rx7 but rather melted snow from the van...)

ecstasy_civic
02-09-2003, 01:54 AM
how much its exactly what im looking for. come up with a price so i can see how much $$$$ i need.

Weapon_R
02-09-2003, 06:22 AM
dope ride

redbaron303
02-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys for the reply's. I'll have a word with my friend and get back to you soon on price (I have a feeling he's looking for close to $6000.00) and the date it's available for.

~Chris

BTW: the car is in Edmonton

ecstasyracer
02-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Is it on the original moter?

redbaron303
02-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Yup... it's the original motor..... but whether that motor has been rebuilt or not, I don't know and nor does my friend. The guys at Weber Motors up here in Edmonton said they couldn't believe how well it ran. Suposidly there isn't anything wrong with this car mechanically, and if you are interested I'm sure the owner would make it available for YOU to take for an inspection.

ecstasy_civic: I've driven this car myself, and if I had the coin to buy it I would. I know enough about rotary's to make that decision... Check out the photo's, the engine is clean as is the rest of the car, it runs awesome and has some cool but small mods on it. Price out the racing beat exhaust for yourself and you'll find it isn't cheap.... We're also intalling an aftermarket boost guage and a/f guage this spring too... if you have any questions just pm me and i'll try to get back to you with the RIGHT answer.

ecstasyracer: are you interested in this car, if you aren't then don't reply to the thread... but if you are I'll try and get answers to all of your questions.

(sorry if that seems rude, I just hate wasting my time with questions from ppl that aren't actually interested and I've had my fair share of those from a car I sold...)

redbaron303
02-09-2003, 03:05 PM
*bump*

ecstasy_civic
02-09-2003, 05:03 PM
actually hes asking for me! and if it is the original motor i dont know if he could get 6 grand for it, just my opinion. but i am interested. if you are installing a boost gauge and a/f gauge in the spring when is the car going to be ready to go? and i know racing beat stuff is expensive, but it looks like its rusting, is there a down pipe on the car or is it just hte racing beat mufflers? i am interested but id like to get it looked at. especially if you dont know if the motors been rebuilt.

scott

Originally posted by redbaron303
Yup... it's the original motor..... but whether that motor has been rebuilt or not, I don't know and nor does my friend. The guys at Weber Motors up here in Edmonton said they couldn't believe how well it ran. Suposidly there isn't anything wrong with this car mechanically, and if you are interested I'm sure the owner would make it available for YOU to take for an inspection.

ecstasy_civic: I've driven this car myself, and if I had the coin to buy it I would. I know enough about rotary's to make that decision... Check out the photo's, the engine is clean as is the rest of the car, it runs awesome and has some cool but small mods on it. Price out the racing beat exhaust for yourself and you'll find it isn't cheap.... We're also intalling an aftermarket boost guage and a/f guage this spring too... if you have any questions just pm me and i'll try to get back to you with the RIGHT answer.

ecstasyracer: are you interested in this car, if you aren't then don't reply to the thread... but if you are I'll try and get answers to all of your questions.

(sorry if that seems rude, I just hate wasting my time with questions from ppl that aren't actually interested and I've had my fair share of those from a car I sold...)

redbaron303
02-09-2003, 05:16 PM
By chance are you guys brothers or just good friends? I figured by the names you must know each other.

Well, its still today, I'll talk to Eric when he's done midterms... mid next week. As for availability.... it's not really a winter car....?! PM me your e-mail and I'll pass it on to Eric and you can continue checking it out with him. He's the owner but doesn't have a net connection to post this stuff with.

As for the racingbeat exhaust, stainless steel doesn't rust... I'll go over and try polishing it up next week just to make sure it's somesort of stain...?! BTW that's just the tip that is discoloured, you know the hot exhaust part... :D When he bought the car he was told there was a full racing beat exhaust system on there, and I'm not sure how we'd check to see if that includes the downpipe or not?

As for the engine, it does run very well, I've driven it many a times myself and came close to buying it, I just couldn't come up with the cash last summer and since then have bought a new car for me. I guess the best thing to do would be a compression test.

So like I said, I'll call him tonight or tomorrow and mention that there some interrest in his car and that you want it inspected and try to get price decide on along with the other questions you've asked.

Hopefully this will help you.

ecstasy_civic
02-09-2003, 05:52 PM
thnx alot. the only thing im really stuck on is teh price, i dont have a wack load of cash as per thats what im trying to cut down on. basically if its more than 5 grand id really have to think about it:(

im trying to cut down on bills. im also looking into stock gx's and gxl's. if he cant go around 5 grand then im sorry i cant buy it. i just finished crunching a couple of numbers and its just not feasable for me to ditch my civic and my 7 to get into debt again.

if this is a problem sorry but i just cant do it.

oh and yes were good friends:thumbsup: