PDA

View Full Version : winter car covers

240droptop
09-21-2005, 06:10 PM
I plan on parking my car over the winter I don't have a garage or anything I can put it in so I jsut plan on washing it real welll then buying a car cover. is there a diffrence betweeen car covers or will any canadian tire car cover work for me I have a 240sx so I was also wondering if they make any to fit the car perfect thxs

hockeybronx
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
This should answer most of your questions:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100645

240droptop
10-05-2005, 05:15 PM
ahh thxs guess that searc button realy does work

Ichigo
10-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Nobody drives their 240's in the winter anymore??

hockeybronx
10-07-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 240droptop
ahh thxs guess that searc button realy does work

No problem:D

Sharpie
10-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Ichigo
Nobody drives their 240's in the winter anymore??
:werd:

Also where are you parking it? I dont think a car cover will do that good outside.

hockeybronx
10-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

:werd:

Also where are you parking it? I dont think a car cover will do that good outside.

If it is simply "covering" the car, protecting it from snow and rain then it will be fine. If what you mean by "that good" is cracking in extreme colds, well obviously as long as he doesn't shake it off all the time he'll be fine.

Sharpie
10-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

If it is simply "covering" the car, protecting it from snow and rain then it will be fine. If what you mean by "that good" is cracking in extreme colds, well obviously as long as he doesn't shake it off all the time he'll be fine.
But wont the rain and snow go through the car cover?

hockeybronx
10-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie

But wont the rain and snow go through the car cover?

If it's a half-decent one no.

rollinv4l
10-10-2005, 12:43 AM
just a thought, not sure if its true but i have been told this, that car covers arent so hot when out in the elements because they trap moisture which could promote rusting. If you wanna keep it in real good shape I would consider paying for storage or somethin, or buying one of those makeshift car ports. Just an idea, and if you have any elderly neighbors lol that dont drive ask around and see if someone has a free garage, just some thoughts.

DannyO
10-10-2005, 12:54 AM
I've heard the same thing about covering your car and it ends up sweating (collecting moisture), but what if its inside?, I will be storing my car inside this winter, and I'd like to cover it up so no dust can settle on it, also would like to get a decent thick one, so if anything kinda fell against it, it would have some padding.

hockeybronx
10-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Unless the car has bare spots where the clear coat, paint, and primer have all been scratched off, the moisture wont do a heck of a lot.

Corrosion requires salt, and oxygen. If the car is cleaned properly and then covered, then it will be fine for the winter.

Wash it, give it a good coat of wax, then cover it up and don't let these other guys get you so paranoid.

DannyO
10-10-2005, 01:27 AM
^^^ Awesome, cheers man :thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
10-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Also, buy a good car cover and it will be a breather. Perfect for outside and inside. When it rains and snows, it just runs off or sits on top till it melts.

It breathes so that any moisture that gets under the cover, has a chance to escape through the cover and back out to where it should be.

Danny0, depending on your car, you might be better off with the dust settling in your garage over the winter, then in the spring, take it out for a nice power polish and detail and it will look damn sexy. The dust provides a layer of protection from the elements almost.

quentinjs
10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
I totally agree that you need a good car cover. CoverCraft makes some excellent products for covering your car. Last year when I was researching products for a group buy I was very impressed with their product line especially their mainstream "custom" products which really are standard products that are tailored to your cars shape.

Please, please don't jusr go buy a off the shelf cover, it won't fit well and you'll regret it. Make sure its designed for the shape of your "specific" car.

Cheers,
Quentin J Sarafinchan
www.TotalGarage.ca