PDA

View Full Version : new Lexus Dealership

Da Bagel
09-22-2005, 02:23 AM
I noticed that there is a Lexus dealership in construction right outside of the automall in calgary. Does anyone have any info about this dealer?

Dope Dealer
09-22-2005, 06:52 AM
That's Stampede Lexus' new location.

Proyecto2000
09-22-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
That's Stampede Lexus' new location.

yup they finally moved out of 32nd, about time they got some more room :thumbsup:

BokCh0y
09-22-2005, 08:33 AM
wonder if the service there will be better? hahahah yeah right.

HRD2PLZ
09-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y
wonder if the service there will be better? hahahah yeah right.

Hahaha in a perfect world.... ;)

Also, they were given a new name... Lexus of Calgary

BokCh0y
09-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Yeah I heard Lexus Headquaters have decided that Stampede Lexus and Kingsway Lexus (Edmonton) - they don't like the names. Also new standardization is what I hear as well. They want to have a larger "gap" so seperate Toyota and Lexus as their own individual car makers. Hence the new dealership relocations and the new names Lexus of Calgary, Lexus of Edmonton, even if you check the US dealerships, most of them are now Lexus of XXXXXXX.

Correct me if I am wrong but that is what I was told from the former Stampede Lexus.

HRD2PLZ
09-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Yup, you are correct. Kingsway also separated their dealerships. Kingsway Toyota had a new building built a few years ago and Lexus of Edmonton had a new building built (we know the owner of Kingsway).

What Lexus did was smart, they really used Toyota's reputation when they first entered the market, kept costs a little lower (as opposed to having their own delaerships). And now look where they are :thumbsup:

AJL
09-22-2005, 10:15 AM
I wouldnt mind going and test driving that new Hybrid Lexus SUV :drool:

bigboom
09-22-2005, 10:42 AM
ive had no problem witht he service at stampede lexus...hopefully it just gets better at the new location, cant wait to see it!

lastprodigy
09-22-2005, 11:09 AM
so the old one will be called tampede toyota now...or what?

Pihsiak
09-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Isn't Benz and BMW also moving out of the mall and beside Lexus?

I heard the road is also going to be called "Luxury Lane"

Stampede's service is pretty bad, I'm going out to country hills for all my toyota needs now.

me&you
09-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
Isn't Benz and BMW also moving out of the mall and beside Lexus?

I heard the road is also going to be called "Luxury Lane"

Stampede's service is pretty bad, I'm going out to country hills for all my toyota needs now.

Yes, there will be a "Luxury Lane". BMW's dealership should be really nice; they're finishing the details with an architecht now.

BTW, Lexus is following most luxury brands with one (or the initial) dealer in a market... (Brand) of (City/Location). Lambo, Bentley, Rolls, Jag, Aston etc are all renaming dealerships. Also, all dealerships are getting a "corporate look".

Weapon_R
09-22-2005, 02:31 PM
About 6 months ago Stampede Toyota called me to tell me that my mom's 4Runner needed 'serious attention'. It was in for faulty starter contacts ($150).

They told me that I desperately needed a new battery, and the guy was so willingly able to supply me a new one for just under $300 for "our best model". He also told me I needed brake fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, etc etc for a total bill that amounted to over $1400 just for maintanence. He also recommended a 'fuel flush', another $200. I asked him if this was anything more than putting a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in my car, to which he replied, "actually, its far more complicated than that. We put 4 bottles of different cleaners and additives into your system so that they remove the moisture in your fuel lines" :rofl: Thanks asshole, i'll do that myself.

After audibly laughing at him and his 'suggestions', I told him to fix the contacts and call me when it was ready. 6 months ago, I desperately needed a new battery as mine was "very, very weak" according to our friend here. Today, i'm still using that exact battery and it does not so much as a stutter when we start it at all. And if it does go bad, i'll find one at Walmart for $85 with a 5 year warranty.

bigboom
09-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Lexus service has been great to me...i dont have a single complaint yet about them (knock on wood) so im only speaking form the lexus side...not the toyota side.