PDA

View Full Version : What is with the fish sticker I see on Hondas?

heavyD
09-22-2005, 07:35 AM
I appologize for being un-hip, un-cultured and not up to speed with the trends but I am a little puzzled with all these Hondas I'm seeing with the Captain Highliner logo on the back of the car. What does this represent?

Thaco
09-22-2005, 07:37 AM
its not only hondas... as far as i know its a religious symbol, i see them often with the word "jesus" inside them.

EDIT: just did a google search, apparently its a Darwin symbol.

Godfuader
09-22-2005, 07:39 AM
The Jebus Fish?
Jesus fish2 (http://chariotsoffirelimo.com/db2/00108/chariotsoffirelimo.com/_uimages/jesus_fish_lg_nwm.gif)
Darwin Fish (http://www.northernsun.com/images/thumb/2214Darwin.jpg)

Thaco
09-22-2005, 07:41 AM
ueah, they have all kinds of sayings in them, not sure what an empty one means.

heavyD
09-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
its not only hondas... as far as i know its a religious symbol, i see them often with the word "jesus" inside them.

EDIT: just did a google search, apparently its a Darwin symbol.

The only cars I've seen it on is Hondas. Probably at least six or so. I thought maybe it was the new type R symbol.:D

sputnik
09-22-2005, 07:44 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichthys

kenny
09-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Time for a beyond.ca fishy.

eb0i
09-22-2005, 08:01 AM
yeah instead of feet like the darwin fish, we can have wheels.

statick
09-22-2005, 08:09 AM
the empty fishes mean they are fundemental christians, the darwin/evolution fishes mean they are darwinist christians... correct me if im wrong.

QuasarCav
09-22-2005, 08:12 AM
The darwin fish is a pun, I think it's more for the atheist's.

Christians that belive in evolution? Isn't that kind of like a mormon with one kid?

statick
09-22-2005, 08:17 AM
i have met a couple of christians who do believe in darwinism, but since majority of chriistians arent darwinists, and u see so many darwin fishes, maybe it is a joke:dunno:

benyl
09-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by statick
i have met a couple of christians who do believe in darwinism, but since majority of chriistians arent darwinists, and u see so many darwin fishes, maybe it is a joke:dunno:

Then they don't know what their faith is about.

Being a Darwinist Christian is like being a Vegan who eats beef.

Super_Geo
09-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by benyl
Being a Darwinist Christian is like being a Vegan who eats beef.

I've met plenty of Christians who believe in evolution. It all has to do with education... the more of it you have, the less likely you're inclined to believe that the Earth was created in 7 days, or that it's only a couple of thousand years old, that we lived with the dinosaurs, etc.

jdmakkord
09-22-2005, 09:12 AM
I've always wanted to glue fish hooks to them when I see them. Wonder what kind of reaction that would get:D

finboy
09-22-2005, 09:38 AM
i want to put a decal of a shark eating the fish :dunno:

benyl
09-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

I've met plenty of Christians who believe in evolution. It all has to do with education... the more of it you have, the less likely you're inclined to believe that the Earth was created in 7 days, or that it's only a couple of thousand years old, that we lived with the dinosaurs, etc.

Haha, that is funny.

I am not going to get into an argument with you over what people believe. I am simply stating that fundamentally, the two do not go hand in hand. You cannot believe in God, Jesus, etc and believe in evolution.

It has nothing to do with education. It has to do with belief and faith.

A true Christian, who studies the Bible, no matter what the evidence, will not believe in Evolution. That is just the way it is.

AJL
09-22-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
The darwin fish is a pun, I think it's more for the atheist's.

Christians that belive in evolution? Isn't that kind of like a mormon with one kid?
:rofl: :thumbsup:

Super_Geo
09-22-2005, 10:21 AM
A true Christian, who studies the Bible, no matter what the evidence, will not believe in Evolution. That is just the way it is.

So what you're trying to say is that true Christians will believe what they're told and cannot make up their own mind regardless of how much proof they find otherwise? I'm glad I'm not Christian, nevermind a true Christian.

benyl
09-22-2005, 10:39 AM

So what you're trying to say is that true Christians will believe what they're told and cannot make up their own mind regardless of how much proof they find otherwise? I'm glad I'm not Christian, nevermind a true Christian.

omg. you take things way to literally. Christians are not told what to believe (in the human sense, in the spiritual sense they are), but choose to believe in what they believe in.

There is no point in trying to convince you as you have already made up your mind, but I will try anyway.

True Christian values and beliefs do not allow room for Evolution. It is plain and simple. It isn't part of the rules.

If you play the game, you follow the rules. Christians believe there there is one God who is infalable and who created the world in 7 days. They believe that God wrote the Bible and what it in the Bible is the Truth. So, if you choose to believe in Evolution, then what you are saying is that the God you believe in (who can do no wrong) was wrong when he wrote that he created the world in 7 days.

So if you believe in a perfect God, yet you find "evidence" that he wasn't perfect, what is the point of your religion?

Does that make it more clear? This has nothing to do with being a Christian or not, it is understanding what being a Christian is and what beliefs they follow.

lastprodigy
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
most honda drivers are mormans....jk..

its on alot of cars...i mostly see it on older gm vehicles like the sunbird...

rage2
09-22-2005, 11:44 AM
So if you believe in a perfect God, yet you find "evidence" that he wasn't perfect, what is the point of your religion?
To meet, corrupt and bang good christian girls.

Phy
09-22-2005, 11:48 AM
The Darwin fish is a spoof of the Jesus fish. If you've ever seen one up close, a Darwin fish has legs.

Besides, Darwin fish are old hat now. If you really want to show off, get a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

QuasarCav
09-22-2005, 11:51 AM
What you want to look for is the "CTR" stickers or "LDS".

Guaranteed to be a 20 something blonde with perfect teeth and 6 kids.

Godfuader
09-22-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Time for a beyond.ca fishy.

Originally posted by eb0i
yeah instead of feet like the darwin fish, we can have wheels.

:rofl: That would be awesome. Get to work beyond photchop team. but then ppl would want a spoiler instead of the tail, and underglows.

mutsuraboshi
09-22-2005, 01:57 PM
are they the hybrid badges

sexualbanana
09-22-2005, 03:12 PM

Have you seen a movie called The Believer with Ryan Gosling. If you haven't, it's about a jewish boy who grows up to join an anti-semitic neo-nazi group.

Think about it. An anti-semitic jew. Much like a Vegan meat eater, a black KKK member, a Darwinist Christian. At its very core, it is fundamentally hypocritical. I think that's what Benyl is trying to get at.

Weapon_R
09-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Benyl is correct - despite the weak attempts to try and mould religious interpretations to help explain and accomodate evolution, the two cannot coexist as they both interpret many fundamental issues in very distinctive ways. A true Christian/Muslim/Jew cannot accept the fundamental elements of evolution and the same goes the other way around.

To mould a religion to help accomodate the convenient elements of evolution is a weak attempt to try and attract the greatest amount of people to a specific religion.

fast95pony
09-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

The only cars I've seen it on is Hondas. Probably at least six or so. I thought maybe it was the new type R symbol.:D

Maybe they believe Honda was created in 7 days :dunno:

tictactoe2004
09-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by rage2

To meet, corrupt and bang good christian girls.

lol, thats some funny shit.