PDA

View Full Version : Race City Sept 23

Aleks
09-23-2005, 10:58 AM
It's very cold today but the forecast calls for no rain. Anyone racing tonite? Will it be too cold to run?

legendboy
09-23-2005, 11:33 AM
damn your a racing machine! haha

http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1927319&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

rage2
09-23-2005, 11:37 AM
haha no traction, but I'll bet it'll be fun. My car felt like it gained 50hp today.

Z_Fan
09-23-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm gonna go!

For sure!

Might be the last hooray and I don't care if there is no traction. I'm going for fun not fast time slips.

Gonna do some nice burnouts too. Gotta kill the tires quickly so I can perhaps squeak new rubber in on next years budget. :rolleyes:

Probably just running pump fuel tonight though. So my Z will be slow. Probably high 12's.

ecstasy_civic
09-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
I'm gonna go!

Probably just running pump fuel tonight though. So my Z will be slow. Probably high 12's.

darn eh:rofl:

Penguin_Racecar
09-23-2005, 11:53 AM
oh no, not high 12's!

finboy
09-23-2005, 11:59 AM
something tells me they will pull a "there are puddles so no racing" thing again.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-23-2005, 12:10 PM
The current forecast is 11 degrees with 0% chance of precipitation, so hopefully the track will dry out by this afternoon.

Zero102
09-23-2005, 12:18 PM
The weather is warm(ish) hopefully there will be racing tonight. I need to get some test runs in as preparation for the lapping day tomorrow. I haven't raced in weeks, so if something's going to break, I want to have it happen when I lose $40 for secret street, rather than lose 7 hours until I can get a tow truck on the track, and lose $200 for the lapping day...

They've cancelled it for what, 3 weeks in a row now? There are only 2 nights left, come on....

Penguin_Racecar
09-23-2005, 12:36 PM
I've looked through the CDRA website and secret street threads in this forum, but I can't seem to find the one that has the times for when tech inspection opens, what time drag racing starts, etc etc.

Also, how many runs do you generally get in a night?

Thaco
09-23-2005, 12:37 PM
there is so much ground water and there is no nice weather to get rid of it... my guess is they will call it, nobody wants to race in the water.

IIRC gates are at 7, racing at 9.

Sweet Sol
09-23-2005, 01:50 PM
What time do they decide if there will be racing tonight or not? Will they just post it on the website??

modded46
09-23-2005, 01:55 PM
I just called there and the reply was "As far as she knows, there's racing tonight"

GT-FOUR
09-23-2005, 02:04 PM
I'll be going.

Penguin_Racecar
09-23-2005, 02:08 PM
edit: nevermind:

"Gates open at 6:30 p.m., tech starts at 7:30 p.m. and runs until 10:30 p.m. Secret Street racing begins at 9:00 p.m. and can run as late as 1:00 a.m., depending on the number of participants and level of interest. "

Moonracer
09-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Just called and it looks like racing is good to go! Tech starts at 7pm til 10:30pm and racing starts at 8:30pm.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-23-2005, 04:39 PM
FINALLY! :D

Penguin_Racecar
09-23-2005, 05:01 PM
sweet! I'll be there, look for a loud family sedan.

Vagabond142
09-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Splatterman and I are going, unfortunately I don't have the uber-pro movie camera with me to record the racing goodness :thumbsdow :cry: :cry:

Zero102
09-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Sweet!
Time to change my oil, and get my arse down there!

euro_racer
09-23-2005, 05:17 PM
im down to comming

s dime
09-23-2005, 05:34 PM
see you guys down there...

Fluidic
09-23-2005, 05:41 PM
I'll be there! :)

Fuck the cold, that's for performance! AWD POWA BABY!!!

broken_legs
09-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Anyone gonig to be running the Auot X tonight??

I'll be there in the stocker sunbird again with 50 psi on all fours and some weird rubbing noises coming from the engine compartment from the last time the car was there :D

It would be nice to have a little competition just for fun
:burnout:

Z_Fan
09-23-2005, 05:44 PM
^
Fluidic,

We should race.

Mazstyle
09-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Count me in, I'll be in the red Mx-3 with white wheels :werd:

Fluidic
09-23-2005, 05:48 PM
^
Fluidic,

We should race.

You'll lose bitch!!! :whipped: :devil:

Ekliptix
09-23-2005, 06:06 PM
I'll be there looking.

Z_Fan
09-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic

You'll lose bitch!!! :whipped: :devil:

LOL, just about fell off my chair.

:rofl:

Pump gas. Lowest boost I can possibly run. A slow launch. Too much air pressure. No VHT and I'll still own you.

You're gonna get beat like a red-headed step-child. ;)

DJ Lazy
09-23-2005, 06:32 PM

I'm a red-headed step-child!!!!! :cry: :cry:

j/k... I might roll down tonight.. I heard that illeagle might be running tonight aswell.. :thumbsup:

modded46
09-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
I'll be there looking.

You're not going to be running anything tonight?

Ekliptix
09-23-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm only seeing 5psi of boost because of a blower housing problem, so not this year.

dj_honda
09-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

I heard that illeagle might be running tonight aswell.. :thumbsup:

Haha finally. I wont make it down to watch until after 10:30 though, so hopefully hes still down there I wanna see the EF beast run.:thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
09-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
EF sedan beast

;)

Fluidic
09-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Pump gas. Lowest boost I can possibly run. A slow launch. Too much air pressure. No VHT and I'll still own you.

Probably. This new car is my grocery getter. Nothing special. :)

Aleks
09-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I might come down give it a whirl one last time. Would probably be going for best Trap tonite and not ET.

modded46
09-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Sweet.. on my way boys see yah soon..

Z_Fan
09-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Fluidic

Probably. This new car is my grocery getter. Nothing special. :)

Yeah, mine too.

I got groceries in it today.

No, I'm not kidding.

Ekliptix
09-23-2005, 07:45 PM
You guys are too hardcore for me...............:whipped:

mac_82
09-23-2005, 11:58 PM
I finally got out to watch tonight, first time I made it all year. It was freakin cold out there. :eek:

s dime
09-24-2005, 12:02 AM
There were tons of cars though. Good night:thumbsup:

Z_Fan
09-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Well...firstly...

Race City unfortunately shut early (which is fine I guess cuz I'm sure they were freezing their volunteer asses off - and I am thankful they're willing to do it.) Good on them and it is greatly appreciated for running the show in less than ideal conditions.

It was an interesting night. I'm still learning the Z believe it or not. Mostly just the boost controller and launching.

But basically I haven't run on pump fuel in a long time. The Z happened to still have a lot of pump fuel leftover from the trip back from Edmonton. So, I burned some off earlier in the day getting groceries, but still had too much.

So I went to Race City with pump fuel.

The Z pulled a 12.05 time with pump fuel and I managed my best 60 foot time ever of 1.85x. Hmmm I think to myself...Hmmmm. WTF - this is crappy pump fuel - not even 94 octane crappy fuel, it was *91 Octane crappy fuel* - Hmmmm...*PAY ATTENTION* Right...I remember...and so I did...

I've been unable to launch the Z without wheel spin on the race fuel because the boost is always too high and I have too much power for the radial tire. Yes yes, I need slicks I know...

But I finally put two and two together. I need to keep the boost low for the launch and then have it go full tilt after I'm moving. I dumped in race fuel...set the boost to be about 1 Bar and set a scramble boost to run for 3 seconds after each shift at the full setting.

Didn't get a super smokin' launch, but managed a 1.906 60 ft. [Very good for me and my Z.] Had some issues shifting and didn't even get to 100mph in the eigth (I usually do) - but still pulled my personal best time ever of 11.487 @ 126.20mph. Now, interestingly enough the scramble boost of 3 seconds isn't long enough because it dropped my boost level right near the end from 25 pounds back to 14.5 pounds - and I felt it happen - and was a little upset until I got the timeslip! Though I'm certain the Z can go faster because of this, a launch that can be improved upon and a shift that was definitely barely to be considered good.

I'm happy with the 11.487. I can hardly wait to experiment with this boost combination because I know it is capable of lower times as the run was not perfect by any means IMO. I can hardly wait! :bigpimp:

I can hardly wait to get to Edmonton and try this out...<smiles>

Oh, and I am pretty sure I heard on the radio Aleks cutting a 13.4x but I don't know if it was his PB or not...

Penguin_Racecar
09-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Mazstyle
Count me in, I'll be in the red Mx-3 with white wheels :werd:

You're the guy that kicked my ass in the KLZE MX3
626 GT here :)

ps: I had a riot, first time out.

Vagabond142
09-24-2005, 01:16 AM
CatSplat and I were there tonight, watching.... holy FARK it was cold :eek: :eek: must have been down to -2 or -3 as there was frost literally forming before our eyes on the seats in the stands...

Highlights of the night:

-The yellow drag truck absolutely shredding its supercharger belt in the waterbox

-The Integra vs Miata (both turbo'd) superdrag that was seperated by like .03 at the quarter

-Seeing the Frenchman (Drift Patrol R32 owner) show off some drifting skills on the autocross.... damn that kid can drive :drama:. I have some vids from my camera but they aren't zoomed in at all :cry:

-Illeagle representing the Civic Sedan crowd :bigpimp:

-The Hayabusa busting through 136 mph with a 10.34 time. No limiter bounces, superfast and precise shifts.... awesome

So, apart from freezing our nards off, it was a good night. Next time tho.... take gloves :D

Fluidic
09-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Well... I went out and had some fun. I managed to get four runs in, and boom, got into the high 14's using launch skillz and of course, the beauty of AWD. I'll scan the slip and post it up. Not bad for my first time dragging this car, EVER, and for my first runs this year. :)

Aleks
09-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Congrats on awsome times Z_fan

Yeah I slightly improved my PB to 13.433 @ 110.09 mph with a 2.228 60ft :banghead:

I was just starting to dial in the tire pressure and boost when they shut it down. That's ok though It was so cold out there. Big thanks to all the volunteers!

On a sidenote my PB came against that E46 M3 LOL

Integra 13.4 @ 110
M3 14.5 @ 97

:poosie:

euro_racer
09-24-2005, 01:25 AM
ALEX, my neck hurts from your car hahaha tanx alot again:thumbsup:

Aleks
09-24-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

-The Integra vs Miata (both turbo'd) superdrag that was seperated by like .03 at the quarter

I thought I was the only turbo Integra there?? I never raced a Miata.

Z_Fan
09-24-2005, 01:29 AM
^

Yeah, and your Integra is faster than my SRT-4 by less than a tenth. Damn you! :whipped:

Nice job on a new PB.

:thumbsup:

Aleks
09-24-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by euro_racer
ALEX, my neck hurts from your car hahaha tanx alot again:thumbsup:

Haha no worries, I like taking people out for spins.

^

Yeah, and your Integra is faster than my SRT-4 by less than a tenth. Damn you! :whipped:

Nice job on a new PB.

yessssssssssssssss :devil: told you my car would be close Eventually!

Zero102
09-24-2005, 07:14 AM
broken_legs, I was there on the auto-x, with the smoking porsche 951. You were getting some pretty quick times with that sunbird. Have you done anything to it?

BerserkerCatSplat
09-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
I was there on the auto-x, with the smoking porsche 951.

Ah, so that was you! Your car was smoking like mad, why all the smoke?

Mazstyle
09-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Penguin_Racecar

You're the guy that kicked my ass in the KLZE MX3
626 GT here :)

ps: I had a riot, first time out.

That was a good close race, What time did I get? if it was the 14.5 that was my best pass which was either against you or that turbo miata.

My worst race was against Aleks where I completely blew my 2-3 shift, but it was my best 0-60ft time @ 2.272 and came out with a sweet 16.6 et.

-KiTtY- boo
09-24-2005, 12:09 PM
i had alot of fun last night:D my first time on the track ever and it was the first time i ever pushed my car like that.... lol... next time im gonna actually try launching it instead of a rolling start:D

Vagabond142
09-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Fluidic: you were there and I didn't see ya? o_O CatSplat and I were watching the drags from the very first one.... odd odd odd...

Ah well, it was dark and you drive a black car :P

Aleks: the white integra that was there had a turbo (or so it sounded like) and it went up against the silver miata. Granted, it wasn't running 25 or so boost :P Your car sounded like a pneumatic air ram as it went by... PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT :P

Also, I forgot to mention on the way down to Race City.... SLR BABY!!! Yes, CatSplat spotted and I drooled as the SLR drove down Crowchild the other way :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Spotting happened just after the 17th ave turnoff after the Bow Bridge heading southbound

Kitty: we saw your car go for a few runs :D Not bad for a first time :thumbsup: It's LOUD once you get your foot right in it

Aleks
09-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Fluidic: you were there and I didn't see ya? o_O CatSplat and I were watching the drags from the very first one.... odd odd odd...

Ah well, it was dark and you drive a black car :P

Aleks: the white integra that was there had a turbo (or so it sounded like) and it went up against the silver miata. Granted, it wasn't running 25 or so boost :P Your car sounded like a pneumatic air ram as it went by... PSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT :P

Also, I forgot to mention on the way down to Race City.... SLR BABY!!! Yes, CatSplat spotted and I drooled as the SLR drove down Crowchild the other way :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Spotting happened just after the 17th ave turnoff after the Bow Bridge heading southbound

Kitty: we saw your car go for a few runs :D Not bad for a first time :thumbsup: It's LOUD once you get your foot right in it

The white integra was a stock Type R! :D He was a nice guy, I talked to him in the staging area. He went from running 18s early in the evening to low 15s. Not bad for a stock R.

Z_Fan
09-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Here is my timeslip which I finally scanned this afternoon...

http://www.turbocharge.ca/ZFan_shizit/ZFan11p487at126mph72dpi.jpg

Guess I'll have to get a rollbar installed. :rolleyes:

GT-FOUR
09-24-2005, 02:54 PM
I wasn't making the boost levels I had tuned for probably because of the weather, and I was *just* getting dialed in at the end and then they closed. But was consistently improving.

Managed a best of the night of 13.660 @ 102.14. *So* close to my alltime best of 13.627. Damn! :D

Zero102
09-24-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm working on the smoking problem. It's been getting worse all year. Compression is excellent, no shaft play on the turbo, etc. Everything _seems_ fine, yet cylinder #4 burns oil like a mother fucker. It's coming apart this weekend, since it's just unacceptable.

That said, it sure goes like hell considering it's problems. That's what has always amazed me.

Ekliptix
09-24-2005, 03:13 PM
I bet you have Total Seal rings, or did at one time.

-KiTtY- boo
09-24-2005, 03:14 PM

thanks, i only got a few in cause i had to wait for a helmet... really my car is loud???

:banghead: that was the last thing i wanted... a loud ass car

was anyone laughing at me??

88CRX
09-24-2005, 03:22 PM
thats awesome shawn!!! wow!!

faster time then in edmonton :thumbsup:

voodoo
09-24-2005, 03:35 PM
my best time last night was a [email protected]...

it was a new personell best mph, but almost 1/2 second off my best run/ usual times......

i couldnt pull anything better than a 2.4 60' last night:eek: :eek: :eek:

Vagabond142
09-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by -KiTtY- boo

thanks, i only got a few in cause i had to wait for a helmet... really my car is loud???

No... actually most people were like "Is that a K's or a Q's?"

I mean, it was nowhere NEAR as loud as some of the Mustangs, and it was quieter than the turbo Precidia.... but it was a little louder than Z_Fan's 300ZX

It was a nice, deep, throaty roar. Good sound :thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by -KiTtY- boo

Hahaha, yeah.... it got pretty loud!

I think the only vehicles that got laughed at were the Kia and that old Suburban... What a race that was...:D

If you're coming out next week, I might be able to lend you my helmet, if you need one. I had mine this week, but I didn't know anyone was in need of one.

-KiTtY- boo
09-24-2005, 04:18 PM

No... actually most people were like &quot;Is that a K's or a Q's?&quot;

I mean, it was nowhere NEAR as loud as some of the Mustangs, and it was quieter than the turbo Precidia.... but it was a little louder than Z_Fan's 300ZX

It was a nice, deep, throaty roar. Good sound :thumbsup:

yay!! ppl werent laughing at me... makes me wanna go next week to get that time lower
well as long as it sounds good

:clap: :D

Penguin_Racecar
09-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Mazstyle

What time did I get?

You ran your 14.5 :)

Z_Fan
09-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
thats awesome shawn!!! wow!!

faster time then in edmonton :thumbsup:

Yes.

I'm getting it figured out.

I also put down a very impressive (IMO) 1.856 60ft (My PB) and a 12.054 @ 114mph on 91 octane fuel using 15.7 psi peak boost. That was before I put the race gas in and ran the 11.487 which saw 25.8 psi peak boost.

I actually believe I can run 10's in the car. Until last night, I wasn't sure about it. But now I am thinking...slicks using the same idea as last night for launching on a cool evening in Edmonton and it's going to be REALLY close to 10's.

Damn, what I would do for that slip! Well...it'd be nice to have it anyhow...:D

But I guess until I can prove that theory, it's all just :bullshit: ;)

DJ Lazy
09-24-2005, 04:49 PM

I actually believe I can run 10's in the car. Until last night, I wasn't sure about it. But now I am thinking...slicks using the same idea as last night for launching on a cool evening in Edmonton and it's going to be REALLY close to 10's.

Damn, what I would do for that slip! Well...it'd be nice to have it anyhow...:D
;)

Weren't you the one talking about having a kid, and that cars are now put on the back burner?? :rofl: ;)

BerserkerCatSplat
09-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy

Weren't you the one talking about having a kid, and that cars are now put on the back burner?? :rofl: ;)

SHHH!!! You're not supposed to remind him! :rofl: ;)

Z_Fan
09-24-2005, 05:58 PM
:banghead:

There was some degree of sarcasm in that post. ;)

But I'm sure I can scoop a pair of slicks and get them onto the stock front wheels that came with the Z...and put those on the rear and away we go.

rage2
09-24-2005, 06:26 PM
I've been unable to launch the Z without wheel spin on the race fuel because the boost is always too high and I have too much power for the radial tire. Yes yes, I need slicks I know...

But I finally put two and two together. I need to keep the boost low for the launch and then have it go full tilt after I'm moving. I dumped in race fuel...set the boost to be about 1 Bar and set a scramble boost to run for 3 seconds after each shift at the full setting.
Been doing this for years. Ghetto traction control. Z_Fan, buy an AVC-R, you will have gear based boost control. 15psi in 1st, 20psi in 2nd, 25psi in 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Aleks
09-24-2005, 07:02 PM
I tried all sorts of boost combos too.. full off the line, half way, low boost. I find it best to launch around 7 psi 1st and second then full boost 3rd and fourth. If i still have this beast next summer I'm buying a AVC-R for sure...

voodoo
09-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I tried all sorts of boost combos too.. full off the line, half way, low boost. I find it best to launch around 7 psi 1st and second then full boost 3rd and fourth. If i still have this beast next summer I'm buying a AVC-R for sure...

i could do with one of those....... and possibly some slicks....

GSR_aaron
09-25-2005, 07:00 AM

He went from running 18s early in the evening to low 15s. Not bad for a stock R.

wow It should be a great night.

and as long as I know, Stock type R can put low-15s in Alberta..

(and can't break the 15.0 .. I heard)

what's happening here-

cuz every stock GSR seems to putting low 15s on other Drag strips(sea level..hmm)

Zero102
09-25-2005, 10:57 AM
I bet you have Total Seal rings, or did at one time.

Nope, I have aftermarket pistons, made in the factory-style, but in a 101mm size, by Arias. I have their rings with them. I'll be tearing into my engine today, hopefully I'll find the problem. Right now, I suspect the turbo is the culprit, although it does only burn oil on one cylinder.

Z_Fan
09-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Well, after this secret streets I actually took the Z home and put the street tires on - actual street tires - not drag radial tires. I haven't had these babies on the Z in about 1.5 months. I haven't had time to actually enjoy the car except for pulls down the strip.

Took it out for a spin today and it's about 7C outside. The car spins the wheels at any speed under 180km/H. (If floored and boost is set to maximum.) It's just stupid. This is why the other day I thought the clutch was going...cuz it's just spinning wheels on a cold day.

HOWEVER - I was paying attention...and I did the following out of pure curiousity. I put the car in 2nd gear doing about 80km/H. I floor it and ofcourse the wheels light up - so I then hold the gas and put on the brake with the other foot. (Like a burnout) Except now I'm smokin' the rears while the car is doing 70-80 km/H. I mean, that's gotta look cool enough for a 5 second clip in any car video, am I right? In any case, it was a great way to burn off the remaining race fuel. [And yes, when you first do this the car wants to spin around, so if you're going to try this, be very careful - be sure to pick a very quiet residental street.]

Hahah, too funny. Then I decided the Z is just stupid and took it home and parked it in the garage. Pffft. Waste of money. :D

Z_Fan
09-25-2005, 12:26 PM
yessssssssssssssss :devil: told you my car would be close Eventually!

LOL - My bad.

Actually I guess it's not faster...not yet anyhow...

13.407 @ 106.18

That's the fastest the SRT-4 has run. So bottom line is the cars are so close...but you did trap faster than my SRT-4 has ever trapped...so there ya go.

I don't keep track of how fast the SRT-4 has run. My bad like I said. But I was searching through a list of old posts on 780tuners and that was in one of my posts. LOL.

euro_racer
09-25-2005, 12:32 PM
i still cant believe my buddy ran a 13.8 on his STOCK srt-4 (believe it or not) and with no rpm gauge

all he did was remove spare tire, put lighter wheels up front and thats it, perfect launch, perfect shifting and a 13.8

Z_Fan
09-25-2005, 12:35 PM
^ I presume this was on the 23rd.

It was very cool out - I am certain I could have run my quickest time in the SRT-4 ... by 1-2 tenths I figure ... had I brought it out.

13.8 for a Stock SRT-4 is the fastest I've heard of at Calgary. That's almost a full second quicker than the norm. Congrats to your buddy.

rice_eater
09-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
broken_legs, I was there on the auto-x, with the smoking porsche 951. You were getting some pretty quick times with that sunbird. Have you done anything to it?

haha, we figured it out on the last lap that he was cutting the course in one section and that must have accounted for a good second or so at least...STILL, the bastard has run consistent hot laps this week and last which IMO is impressive considering his pos winter beater. i'm curious to see what others ran in the autox that night, especially those minis. i beat my best time with a very lucky 66:00 pass which i think was only slower than the driftpatrol guy and ofcourse that reijo or whatever his name is in the s2000, though i might be wrong! i wasnt consistent at all, but that's hard with a fubared allignment and a front berring on the edge of distruction. i cant wait to have that sorted out for next week because i'd love to break into the 65s and close in on the high high end cars that run there the odd time. the first time i went, a buddy's dad was there with his newish 996 turbo and was only running 65-67s passes :whipped:

Mazstyle
09-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
i still cant believe my buddy ran a 13.8 on his STOCK srt-4 (believe it or not) and with no rpm gauge

all he did was remove spare tire, put lighter wheels up front and thats it, perfect launch, perfect shifting and a 13.8

What speed did he trap at? Was he driving the orange one? and what happened to his tach?

euro_racer
09-25-2005, 09:25 PM
ill find out for you what speed and what else he got.

it was the blue srt4 with 5 spoke siver rims up front

AJL
09-26-2005, 01:20 AM
Sounds like everyone has alot of fun out there. I should some out one of these nights to watch... since I dont have a car thats worthy for the track. Would probably embarass myself as well...
If not this year, then definitly next year.

Zero102
09-26-2005, 12:20 PM
haha, we figured it out on the last lap that he was cutting the course in one section and that must have accounted for a good second or so at least...STILL, the bastard has run consistent hot laps this week and last which IMO is impressive considering his pos winter beater. i'm curious to see what others ran in the autox that night, especially those minis. i beat my best time with a very lucky 66:00 pass which i think was only slower than the driftpatrol guy and ofcourse that reijo or whatever his name is in the s2000, though i might be wrong! i wasnt consistent at all, but that's hard with a fubared allignment and a front berring on the edge of distruction. i cant wait to have that sorted out for next week because i'd love to break into the 65s and close in on the high high end cars that run there the odd time. the first time i went, a buddy's dad was there with his newish 996 turbo and was only running 65-67s passes

Ahhh, now I see, well then, my times were better :P

Reijo is hella fast. I heard that he's won a few competitions as well. The guys in the Mini's were first-timers, and Reijo was taking them out to let them 'learn the course', and perhaps need a change of pants.
I can't recall their times, but I don't remember them being terribly fast, sounds like they really had fun though.

Everybody knows I don't cut the course, you guys would all see it, lol. Just follow the smoke trail.....

I finally found the problem though, and the car is in pieces right now, it's an upside-down ring. :(

Teggy2nr
09-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by GSR_aaron

wow It should be a great night.

and as long as I know, Stock type R can put low-15s in Alberta..

(and can't break the 15.0 .. I heard)

what's happening here-

cuz every stock GSR seems to putting low 15s on other Drag strips(sea level..hmm) I did 3 15.3's up in edmonton ount of 6 runs, and that was on winter tires. The altitude here makes a huge difference, I think in calgary if a stock GSR can break into the 15s youre doing pretty good

Inzane
09-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Then I decided the Z is just stupid and

. Pffft. Waste of money. :D

:banghead: :bullshit:

:rofl:

Z_Fan
09-26-2005, 08:24 PM
^

Well, it's a fun waste of money.

But it was definitely a waste of money. No matter how you look at it...stupid stupid stupid. Now I have to live with it, so I guess I'll try to enjoy it as much as possible. ;)

b18c5 teg
09-26-2005, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Teggy2nr
I did 3 15.3's up in edmonton ount of 6 runs, and that was on winter tires. The altitude here makes a huge difference, I think in calgary if a stock GSR can break into the 15s youre doing pretty good
My stock 94 integra gsr with header and cold air intake on bold tires:
14.7 @ 94
14.8 @ 94

Aleks
09-26-2005, 08:55 PM
^^ Was that in Edmonton or Calgary? ^^

b18c5 teg
09-26-2005, 09:12 PM
^^ Was that in Edmonton or Calgary? ^^
calgary 5 years ago.

GSR_aaron
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by b18c5 teg

calgary 5 years ago.

no Cat-back? just header/intake/tires?

Ammmazing!

I should be taught by u.. haha.. impressive!

and now u seems to drive the R right?

gpomp
09-26-2005, 11:22 PM

calgary 5 years ago.
geez that's nuts. 94 mph out of a stock gsr? stripped???

b18c5 teg
09-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

geez that's nuts. 94 mph out of a stock gsr? stripped???
Passenger and rear seats removed.

Teggy2nr
09-27-2005, 09:32 PM
whats ur best time in ur r

GSR_aaron
09-27-2005, 11:08 PM

Passenger and rear seats removed.

But still u got interesting slip time.

last time I met a guy in silver GSR,

He got complete IHE with test pipe :nut:

and I saw rear/pass seats were removed,

He said he is running 15.7 .

and I couln't break 16.0 s with my GSR yet ,, my bad..:D

b18c5 teg
09-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Teggy2nr
whats ur best time in ur r
never try.

b18c5 teg
09-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by GSR_aaron

But still u got interesting slip time.

last time I met a guy in silver GSR,

He got complete IHE with test pipe :nut:

and I saw rear/pass seats were removed,

He said he is running 15.7 .

and I couln't break 16.0 s with my GSR yet ,, my bad..:D
my buddy last year run in his 98 gsr 15.2 @ 91.

talonboi
09-28-2005, 12:08 AM
anyone have any vids of the 1/4 ???

Teggy2nr
09-29-2005, 01:44 PM
B18c5 u must be a pretty good driver cuz allan's at speedtech s best time in his type r was a 14.6 and it was basically stock, you should go to race city on friday if its nice, prolly the last time this year