PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf

T5_X
06-29-2002, 06:30 PM
My GF is looking into getting one, I just want to know info on them from 94+, is there a good website to check out with all the technical specs and problems with them?

We're looking at a 94 GTi right now. I don't know if that would be a 16V 2L or 8V 2L :dunno: , how would it compare to just a standard 1.8 95+? Should she just go with a 95-96 1.8? Anyone know hp/tq ratings for all the models?

4wheeldrift
06-29-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
My GF is looking into getting one, I just want to know info on them from 94+, is there a good website to check out with all the technical specs and problems with them?

We're looking at a 94 GTi right now. I don't know if that would be a 16V 2L or 8V 2L :dunno: , how would it compare to just a standard 1.8 95+? Should she just go with a 95-96 1.8? Anyone know hp/tq ratings for all the models?

First, to compare models go to carpoint.msn.com and use the comparison tools there. Next, for information on the cars I'd start working on sites like vwvortex.com. Also, get in contact with the guys from Club VeeDub, our local dubheads. Not sure if they have a website or not. Peter I believe is a member, he can point you in the right direction there. Couldn't hurt to go talk to the guys at Concept 1 either.

Fluidic
06-29-2002, 08:43 PM
Will dude, you DON'T want to get involved with Club Vee-Dub, nor does your girlfriend... trust me on this one...!! :madred: ;)

I can help you out some... send me an MSN message! :)

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Couldn't hurt to go talk to the guys at Concept 1 either.

Speaking of Concept-1 -- GREAT place!! Good guys... no hassle... and super straightforward answer(s): DEF. recommend them!! :)

Peter

B18C
06-30-2002, 12:55 AM
Sorry this is off-topic but what is wrong with Club Vee-Dub? They seem like a great car club for VW's :dunno:

Fluidic
06-30-2002, 01:17 AM
If you drove a dub, you would understand. It's nothing personal (against you), but only fellow dubbers would understand!

Enough said! :)

Peace

Strider
06-30-2002, 01:19 AM
hmmm i would have figured mostly vw drivers would be on club vee-dub

Fluidic
06-30-2002, 01:21 AM
They were... then they left!!

Club Vee-Dub is great for the oldy VW's... but us generation IV guys... yah well... club dub isn't for us...

Peace

BarryBeach
06-30-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Fluidic Digital
They were... then they left!!

Club Vee-Dub is great for the oldy VW's... but us generation IV guys... yah well... club dub isn't for us...

Peace

I totally agree ... i have heard that Club Vee Dub is a buncha older guys that shun younger guys driving their cars hard ... don't get me wrong those guys know their stuff inside and out (more then i could ever know in a lifetime) but it's just an older club.

James
06-30-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by BarryBeach

I totally agree ... i have heard that Club Vee Dub is a buncha older guys that shun younger guys driving their cars hard ... don't get me wrong those guys know their stuff inside and out (more then i could ever know in a lifetime) but it's just an older club.

Exactly! The only Good thing about being a member was the Discounts!:thumbsup:

4wheeldrift
06-30-2002, 06:49 AM
I've only met a couple of guys from club veedub, but they seemed friendly enough. one of them even offered to crew for me at a solo 2. Oh well :dunno:

Ben
06-30-2002, 08:25 AM
94GTI = 12v VR6 (most common)(174hp) or 2.016V (Rare) (135hp)

0-60 in high 6's

Look to pay in and around 10-14000 for thi car for one in good shape and lower km.

T5_X
06-30-2002, 02:12 PM
I thought the 12V VR6 didn't come in till 95?

ninspeed
06-30-2002, 06:46 PM
Contact Ian N. from 5th Ave Auto Hause.. He can help you out a lot on you new VW purchase.. tell him rob sent ya..

vw2nv
07-01-2002, 05:23 PM
Will dude, you DON'T want to get involved with Club Vee-Dub, nor does your girlfriend... trust me on this one...!! :madred: ;)

If you drove a dub, you would understand. It's nothing personal (against you), but only fellow dubbers would understand!

Peace

I am in total agreement with you Peter, being a fellow dubber. Depending upon what model you have will determine if they want to have anything to do with you.

This is my personal opinion, but I would not stand in anyone’s way of checking the club out for themselves.

thebracko
07-01-2002, 05:32 PM
1992 was the last year for the GTI 16v. But it was available in a Mk3 GTI in Europe. So I belive the only engine options for Mk3 Golfs/GTI's are the CL which is a 1.8L 8v. (I think it's around 100hp) Economical, but not fast. Then there is the 2.0L Crossflow 8v, also economical, and peppy, but not a rip snorter (around 120hp, but I'm not sure) . and then of course there is the VR6.

yes, Concept-1 is a great place to check out. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.

And Club Vee-Dub is probably one of the greatest and most fun things that I have gotten involved with. I had been considering selling my GTI 16v for a Saab, but I enjoy CVD so much that I will keep getting VW's so I can stay involved.
The members in CVD are super friendly and I have never had a problem with them. I have had nothing but fun with Club Vee-Dub.
It is disheartning to see a that a member got upset over something and is now trying to dissuade people from getting involved. Maybe they had a problem with some members, but actions like these really hurt the other 100 some members that were never involved in any spats, or even knew about them.

Club Vee-Dub events are extremely fun, and we enjoy putting the events on for everyone to come check out.

SO, for anyone that might be interested, we meet the second thursday of every month at the Bad Ass Coffee Shop on 17th Ave at 7:30. Coem drop by, take a look around, introduce yourself, get to know us. You won't regret it, I know I haven't.

Audi Kid
07-01-2002, 06:10 PM
fuck fifth avenue...hahahahahhaah

vodkajello
07-01-2002, 11:23 PM

Peace

I happen to drive a dub.
I happen to enjoy watercooled VWs.
I happen to drool over aircooled VWs.
I happen help run a club called Club Vee Dub.
I happen to moderate some of their forums too.

We discriminate against NO member. We have members from 14 to somewhere in the 60s. We have Ghias to the latest 24V VR6s.

We enjoy our cars and the people that drive them. You can find us going for Ice Cream, Coffee, at the track, at Concept-1, on camping trips, out for drinks, helping people restore their older models, and helping modify the newer ones.

We put on a few major show every year. Fahrfromhome 2002 had about 120 cars showing in the rain this year. We expect more for Das Volks in Stanley Park (Calgary) too.

Peter has had a few run ins with the executive of the club due to violations of some 'common sense, decency' club rules. nuff said.

We are open to any VW enthusiast in Calgary, or anywhere else for that matter (We have members in BC and Sask as well).

Mike Roy
Club Vee Dub Membership Coordinator
www.clubveedub.com
[email protected]

T5_X
07-02-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by vodkajello

I happen to drive a dub.
I happen to enjoy watercooled VWs.
I happen to drool over aircooled VWs.
I happen help run a club called Club Vee Dub.
I happen to moderate some of their forums too.

We discriminate against NO member. We have members from 14 to somewhere in the 60s. We have Ghias to the latest 24V VR6s.

We enjoy our cars and the people that drive them. You can find us going for Ice Cream, Coffee, at the track, at Concept-1, on camping trips, out for drinks, helping people restore their older models, and helping modify the newer ones.

We put on a few major show every year. Fahrfromhome 2002 had about 120 cars showing in the rain this year. We expect more for Das Volks in Stanley Park (Calgary) too.

Peter has had a few run ins with the executive of the club due to violations of some 'common sense, decency' club rules. nuff said.

We are open to any VW enthusiast in Calgary, or anywhere else for that matter (We have members in BC and Sask as well).

Mike Roy
Club Vee Dub Membership Coordinator
www.clubveedub.com
[email protected]

Good for you man.
Try to keep this on topic. If I eventually want to join a VW club I'll find my own way around. We don't need drama from other forums infecting this one :guns:

Fluidic
07-02-2002, 12:32 AM
HAHAHAHA... oh well... looks like a little bad press offended some dubbers of at the "other" place! Oh well... no sweat off my back!!

Now let's get back to celebrating Canada's birthday!! :woot: :woot:

Peter