PDA

View Full Version : anyone here drive an 94+ A4?

TomTom
02-10-2003, 12:47 AM
pro's / con's of them, how are repairs and such compaired to say a bmw?

and anyone know what the rieger RS4 kit is worth?

Glenn 328is
02-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Tom,

I drove a 2000 A4 a couple of years ago. Very nice and smooth car. Be aware of the pre-2000 model years as there was an engine redesign then - mainly the upgrade to 5 V per cyl as opposed to 2 V per cyl. As far as maintenance goes, I really cannot comment personally, but I have heard both good and bad. Sorry.

As far as the RS4 body kit << good choice. That would look killer. Anyway, call, or email Rob at Tunerworks in Calgary. He is an expert in BMW and Audi parts. www.tunerworks.com

R-Audi
02-10-2003, 12:01 PM
I have a 98 A4 2.8 I love it. Make sure you look at one with Quattro though. If I had a choice, I would of gotten the 1.8T though. It is much easier to mod. IF you get the stage 3 kit, you can run about 280-300hp. As for the upgrade from 2V-5V, it was only in the 2.8l V6. The 1.8t upgraded from 170 to 180hp I beleive in 2000.

For the Reiger RS4 kit, the bumper is about $900 for the front, 300 for the sides, and about 300 for the rear. The problem with the bumper is that you have to hack up the oem bumper to get the support, then attach it to the Reiger piece. You can get the OEM bumper for a little more, and it is oem. It just has to be heat molded. The easy choice is getting the S4 bumper, and cutting out the middle bars, for a RS4-S4 front. The kit looks amazing, but order it fom the states or Vancouver ( RPI-Equipped.com ) For the OEM, try www.achtuning.com (seattle)
I would also suggest dealing with an Audi specific company rather then a local one. I haven't found any that know that much about them yet, and I've tried. Generally, because there aren't that many in Calgary that are modded, its cheaper to find the pieces through the states.

For more info, go to www.audiworld.com and try the forums.

R-Audi
02-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Here's a pic of the oem RS4 front, and the RS4 wheels, both from
www.achtuning.com

TomTom
02-11-2003, 03:01 AM
more like this is what i thought http://www.modacar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000002/rs4audi.jpg
i see why i like it so much now...$1799 us
Rieger Tuning RS4 6-PC Body Kit

or for 800$ less us http://www.modacar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000002/rtaudi_red.jpg Rieger Tuning Euro Body Kits,mmmmmmm

R-Audi
02-11-2003, 09:46 AM
All the reiger body kits use the same side and rear valences. The difference in the cost is the front. For the top one, you still have to hack up your stock bumper to make the reiger piece fit.It is a take off of the pictur I posted. Some like it more, some like it less. As for the lip, it clips in to the factory mounting spots, so thats easy, but it is abs plastic, so if you hit something, your screwed. I'm not sure how the top one is 6 pieces though, unless they count the headlight eyebrows, and that godawful wing. A bunch of guys throw on the M3 rear piece, it fits, and looks great.

Phats
02-12-2003, 02:55 AM
I have driven my mom's 2002 A4 3.0 here and there and I love how it handles. Unfortunately it is the triptronic version so no real shifting but it is still pretty quick, definitely a nice car.