PDA

View Full Version : Crazy weather!

Ben
02-10-2003, 03:02 AM
The roads sure are bad!

Comming home tonight I stopped and helped 2 people on deerfoot, it was fun!

The first guy was in a Lumina, and had a flat, and the jack was farked, so he was trying to flag people down, and everyone just drove by, except for me.

He was some old guy, really nice, just needed to use my phone to call AMA.

And then 5 min after I left that scene, there was a lady in an explorer with a flat tire who also needed help and no one stopped.

Ben to the rescue again, haha

She was so happy I stopped to and not some psycho rapist.

So I'm all chalk full of good deeds for the month. Captain asshole back in the saddle.

I just hope someone would do the same for me.:)

So my question, when you see someone stranded on the side of the road in shitty weather, do you stop and help out? or pass by and think the next guy along will stop?

van
02-10-2003, 08:38 AM
Good job Big Ben, that's the way to do it! Be nice.

mwmhong
02-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Comming home tonight I stopped and helped 2 people on deerfoot, it was fun!

My hero!!! :love: :rofl:

I help if it's in a residential area, where most people get stuck in the snow and need a push. Never see anyone of the busy freeway.

I helped this one guy (asian man). Later on, I got stuck and he drives up, looks over at me and just blew by when I flagged him down.

Thanks! :guns:

szw
02-10-2003, 09:57 AM
i've helped a few people, coincidentally they were all pretty girls! I swear I didn't find out till after I stopped!

ConVict
02-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Well to be honest, I always want to pull over! But I see people in need when ever I am already late, or have big plans.. And I always feel like shit after for not helping :thumbsdow

Ferio_vti
02-10-2003, 12:06 PM
I'd stop to help.

Last time I stopped for someone was a guy a couple of weeks back, who wiped out his new Maxima. I don't know how long he was sitting there, but I stopped to see if he was okay. He looked pretty embarrassed, probably wished I didn't stop to see what he did..

He was coming off of 16th ave onto Shaganappi heading north, went to fast and hit the center divide. Skidded off the divided and was sitting in the right lane. Knocked his front driver side wheel out of place, it was turned 90 degrees. And was leaking fluid. Surprisingly though, there was no body damage at all.
Sad part was, it was good driving conditions.

kevie88
02-10-2003, 12:20 PM
I gave a lady with a Topaz (woohoo!) a boost when it was -30 a couple of weeks ago, she just couldn't get it going. I walked over and told her I'd help, she was pretty happy! She tried to give me 20$ for the help, but I wouldn't take it.

RiceCake
02-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Usually if I'm not in a big hurry to get somewhere I will stop to help or lend them my phone..

calarina
02-10-2003, 01:26 PM
I try to help, but I never know. But sometimes I don't if it's dark outside, and there isn't many people around...cuz women are more victim of harassment and all that stuff than men are. But generally, I try to be a good sumeritain...despite what you all think of me :D

Dirty_SOHC
02-10-2003, 02:53 PM
well yesterday about 5pm, my car died goinng up one of those hills on John Laurie. and no one helped me...

GTS Jeff
02-10-2003, 03:19 PM
i help whenever i can. i dont have a cell phone, shovel, sand, booster cables, nor an suv that can pull a car out or anything useful at all...but ill usually stop and see what i can do. sometimes all ppl need is a good push to get their car unstuck.

i get my car stuck everywhere and i always have to rely on other ppl to help me out...