PDA

View Full Version : Dear. MR Asshole in teal late model FORD F-150

3G
09-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Fuck you for going 30 in a 50km/h zone, speeding up when I try to pass you then try brake checking me when I honk @ you to speed up. Just cause you drive a truck doesn't mean you own the red you fucking red neck motherfucker. Wish I had a fist sized rock to throw through your back window motherfucker, maybe one day I'll get the chance.

[/rant]

talonboi
09-23-2005, 08:03 PM
:whipped:

HoisinSauce
09-23-2005, 08:08 PM
:guns:

jizzajames
09-23-2005, 08:18 PM
:drama: :drama: :rofl: :rofl: :drama: :drama:
look out world.

Chandler_Racing
09-23-2005, 08:20 PM
I was doing about 110km/h coming home from the Olive Garden today in the middle lane on deerfoot. Had a black dually truck pass me at about ~160km/h (On the right side-slow lane) in mild traffic and proceed to cut hard left across three lanes. In that process he nearly took out a family in a Camry. Some people really need to learn some respect for fellow commuters.

infected
09-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Or just stop driving like they can no longer hold in their shit anymore and is breaking a cold sweat.

blueripper6
09-24-2005, 12:45 AM
These people need rumblebees:thumbsdow

civic_stylez
09-24-2005, 08:47 AM
like i said in the last truck-hating thread.....nascar+cowboys=calgary truck drivers!

l8braker
09-24-2005, 09:34 AM
idiots with their trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

SiG Baby
09-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
nascar+cowboys=calgary truck drivers!

Hahhahahaha so true:rofl: :rofl:

eb0i
09-24-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh I hate truck drivers in this city. Whether its the pick-up truck or semi drivers, i hate them equally.

Oh well with the gas prices the way they now, they are getting all they deserve when the floor their big displacement hemi's heh.

GTS Jeff
09-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Haha sounds like some prick in his his riced out CRV here. The CRV was retarded, stickers everywhere and some universal fireball muffler pointed out the side. He was driving ridiculously slow, so I change lanes to pass him and he floors it when he notices me. Of course I pass him easily and he spends the next few minutes tailgating me. :rolleyes:

D. Dub
09-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 3G
Fuck you for going 30 in a 50km/h zone, speeding up when I try to pass you then try brake checking me when I honk @ you to speed up. Just cause you drive a truck doesn't mean you own the red you fucking red neck motherfucker. Wish I had a fist sized rock to throw through your back window motherfucker, maybe one day I'll get the chance.

[/rant]

Sounds like you were the more inconsiderate driver in this scenario.

Bones21
09-24-2005, 01:07 PM
i used to have a truck and drive it fast, but when it came to weaving in and out of traffic, you just cant do it. Its just too easy to lose control. These people need to get cars.

3G
09-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

how is that? first off hes going 20 under, i try to pass him he speeds up, i get back behind him, he slows back down to 30km, then i honk my horn and he slams on his brakes? how was I inconsiderate

l8braker
09-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 3G

how is that? first off hes going 20 under, i try to pass him he speeds up, i get back behind him, he slows back down to 30km, then i honk my horn and he slams on his brakes? how was I inconsiderate

fk man, drivers that do that shit....... :whipped: :whipped:

turbo minivan
09-24-2005, 04:20 PM
one night me and a friend were drivig west on glenmore and some guy about 35-40 was coming down the ramp from sarcee Tr.
going way fast and i was in the lane he wanted i guess, and so he trys to cut me off to get there, im like, hell no!!, so i just keep driving where i am and he starts FLIPPING OUT!!! screeming and yelling, flipping the bird, running ahead of me and repeatedly cutting me off and trying to push me into the curb....oh, and did i mention he had his SON in the truck who looked about 7 years old? (ya buddy, good example, scream, swear, and drive crazy and dangerouse with your son in there gripping for his life!)
so anyway, next thing i know hes slowing down wile pushing me into the curb on my right, were going about 30kmh now and im about to hop the curb or get the left side of my moms cavalier trashed, so i slam on the breaks, tromp on the gas and swerve out behind him and pas him, wle he trys to catch up wile still swearing and FREEKING OUT!! WTF!! people like that should get there throughts slit!! i feel bad for that kid! i dont think ive ever seen a kid look so scared in a vehicle! some people!!!

turbo minivan
09-24-2005, 04:20 PM
one night me and a friend were drivig west on glenmore and some guy about 35-40 was coming down the ramp from sarcee Tr.
going way fast and i was in the lane he wanted i guess, and so he trys to cut me off to get there, im like, hell no!!, so i just keep driving where i am and he starts FLIPPING OUT!!! screeming and yelling, flipping the bird, running ahead of me and repeatedly cutting me off and trying to push me into the curb....oh, and did i mention he had his SON in the truck who looked about 7 years old? (ya buddy, good example, scream, swear, and drive crazy and dangerouse with your son in there gripping for his life!)
so anyway, next thing i know hes slowing down wile pushing me into the curb on my right, were going about 30kmh now and im about to hop the curb or get the left side of my moms cavalier trashed, so i slam on the breaks, tromp on the gas and swerve out behind him and pas him, wle he trys to catch up wile still swearing and FREEKING OUT!! WTF!! people like that should get there throughts slit!! i feel bad for that kid! i dont think ive ever seen a kid look so scared in a vehicle! some people!!!

l8braker
09-24-2005, 04:26 PM
^ why didnt you just let him in??????????????

Kona9
09-24-2005, 04:50 PM
A) McDonalds Straw
B) Porcelain from a smashed up spark plug
C) good pea shooting aim
D) shoot for the window!!

:thumbsup: :rofl:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by turbo minivan

some guy about 35-40 was coming down the ramp from sarcee Tr.

...so, you basically tried to force him to slow down and intentionally blocked his merge, and expected him to be happy about it, because you didn't want to change speeds so he could merge safely? And then, when he's "trying to run you into the curb," you decide to inspect his vehicle for other passengers long enough to determine how old they are, and how scared they are, instead of paying attention to your driving? Right. Not quite believable. :rolleyes:

cloud7
09-24-2005, 04:58 PM
People think they are invincible in their pick-up trucks... the Nascar Craftsman Truck Series sure doesn't help matters... just last week some dumbass Dodge pick-up truck was racing in a residential collector street (50 km/h speed limit) trying to pass (and get into his lane) a sportscar that was without a doubt faster then the truck. Cooler head from the sportscar driver prevailed but the truck continued to speed in the neighbourhood at 80-90 km/h. This is absolutely uncalled for as there was no cars behind the sportscar... the truck driver could have easily gotten into the left lane. I sure didn't feel save trying to cross the street.

googe
09-24-2005, 05:23 PM

no it doesnt

D. Dub
09-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by 3G

Ya coulda turned off the testosterone and just waited...:dunno:

3G
09-25-2005, 10:10 AM

Ya coulda turned off the testosterone and just waited...:dunno:

Yeah, Im sure you woulda waited too to get home in 10 mins on a road that usually takes 3 mins :rolleyes: how the fuck would i be the inconsiderate one, when he obviously was trying to jerk around, going 3o, speeding up when im trying to pass him, then slamming on his brakes when im behind him, oooook there :thumbsdow maybe that was you in that truck, or do you drive a truck and think you have a big dick and drive like that?

D. Dub
09-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by 3G

Yeah, Im sure you woulda waited too to get home in 10 mins on a road that usually takes 3 mins :rolleyes: how the fuck would i be the inconsiderate one, when he obviously was trying to jerk around, going 3o, speeding up when im trying to pass him, then slamming on his brakes when im behind him, oooook there :thumbsdow maybe that was you in that truck, or do you drive a truck and think you have a big dick and drive like that?

sounds like both of you were being selfish and inconsiderate drivers.

No I don't have a truck...nor am I concerned with the size of my penis...

but why are concerned with the size of my penis?!?!? R U a size queen?

AcuraTl
09-25-2005, 02:53 PM

sounds like both of you were being selfish and inconsiderate drivers.

No I don't have a truck...nor am I concerned with the size of my penis...

but why are concerned with the size of my penis?!?!? R U a size queen?

guys...i think we found the Mr. Asshole :zzz:

freakin
09-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 3G

What are you doing trying to pass someone on a residential street?

Sharpie
09-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by freakin

And you wouldn't of? the guy is almost doing half the speedlimit.

D. Dub
09-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl

:rolleyes: give me a break....the OP was as much of an ass as the ass in the truck

D. Dub
09-25-2005, 02:57 PM

but apparently thats OK if you're in a hurry :rolleyes:

3G
09-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by AcuraTl

:werd:

Originally posted by Sharpie

And you wouldn't of? the guy is almost doing half the speedlimit.

:rolleyes: give me a break....the OP was as much of an ass as the ass in the truck

but apparently thats OK if you're in a hurry :rolleyes:

please pull your head out of your ass

googe
09-26-2005, 01:21 AM

the "OP" did nothing wrong.

4bier
09-26-2005, 05:21 AM
it really doesnt matter what you drive weather it s`a truck,car,or bike there are asshole that do it with all vech, i had a guy that wouldn t pass with a clear open lane we tried everything pulled off to the side slowed down and finally he passed got to the stop sign my wife was drivin i was passenger there was mr macho waiting at the stop sign i dont think he seen me in the car but i got out in an instancetook everything not to kik the living sheit out of him told him to get in his car and shout the f up if my 4 yrs daughter wasnt in the car and my wife screaming dont kill em may of had a different ending:angel:

D. Dub
09-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by googe

the "OP" did nothing wrong.

so tailgating and trying to pass on a single lane road is OK?!!?

fast&dangr
09-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Many of you are so quick to piss all over anyone who even hints they are speeding, especially on a residential street, which I agree is wrong. But driving like a slow dumbass is OK? Doing 20 over is a deadly sin, but doing 20 under is AOK? The speed limits are there for a reason, as self-proclaimed "responsible driving-enthusiasts", we should OBEY them, that means up AND down. Driving too slow can be every bit as dangerous as driving too fast.

That said, WTF is with the latest trend of stopping 5 buslengths away from the STOPLINE at an intersection. If you squint you can see the light change on the horizon. And half the time it doesn't change until the fisheyed retard in front realizes they need to pull up????/??????

GreyFox
09-27-2005, 10:51 AM
^^

If you actually read the sign it says MAXIMUM 50. It does not say "Please do exactly 50". I agree with you that doing 80 on deerfoot is everybit as dangerous as doing 140 on deerfoot, but residential is different. Doing 70 through a 50 zone is MUCH more dangerous than doing 30 through a 50 zone.

:thumbsdow to the truck driver who was being an asshole for speeding up and slowing down and brake checking 3G
:thumbsdow to 3G for passing in a resedential zone.

D. Dub
09-27-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by GreyFox
^^

:thumbsdow to the truck driver who was being an asshole for speeding up and slowing down and brake checking 3G

exactly my point...:werd:

topher91
09-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Where did he say he was driving in a residential area??

Chris

dericer
09-27-2005, 11:33 AM
You are allowed to pass other drivers on a single yellow, are you not?

mdeleon
09-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by dericer
hell no...you need some refreshment classes

Nissanaddict
09-27-2005, 11:59 AM

I hope you're joking. Only on the highway, on a single broken line. Do NOT cross yellow lines in the city. If there is a break in them, it's there for people turning left, or people coming from other directions. Wow. And I wonder why Calgary drivers are so terrible.

dericer
09-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict

I hope you're joking. Only on the highway, on a single broken line. Do NOT cross yellow lines in the city. If there is a break in them, it's there for people turning left, or people coming from other directions. Wow. And I wonder why Calgary drivers are so terrible.

http://www.calgary.ca/DocGallery/BU/roads/traffic_control_policy_3.pdf

READ THE LINK.

Point 1.4

A solid yellow line can be crossed to overtake another vehicle.

Who needs to take a refresher course?

Geez, and I wonder why Calgary drivers are so bad? :D

tapout
09-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
like i said in the last truck-hating thread.....nascar+cowboys=calgary truck drivers! :rofl: :rofl:

3G
09-27-2005, 12:49 PM
^^

If you actually read the sign it says MAXIMUM 50. It does not say "Please do exactly 50". I agree with you that doing 80 on deerfoot is everybit as dangerous as doing 140 on deerfoot, but residential is different. Doing 70 through a 50 zone is MUCH more dangerous than doing 30 through a 50 zone.

exactly my point...:werd:

go choke on each others cocks, no where did i say this was in a residential area.

Originally posted by topher91
Where did he say he was driving in a residential area??

Chris

D. Dub
09-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by 3G

go choke on each others cocks, no where did i say this was in a residential area.

If thats the same kind of macho bullshit you show when you're driving...

no wonder you get into confrontations with other drivers. :rolleyes:

sputnik
09-27-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 3G

Well, you said you were 3 minutes from home and you were on a single lane street where the speed limit is 50.

I think the crowd just put 2 and 2 together.

fast&dangr
09-27-2005, 07:22 PM
^^

It says MAXIMUM for obvious reasons, which I'll go into only becase you must be retarded. You need to accelerate up to 50 to do 50, so saying "do exactly 50" is stupid becasue then you could get a ticket by pulling slowly out of your driveway. So what you just said was quite possibly the dumbest thing ever posted on the internet, congrats. Furthermore, you CAN get a ticket for driving too slowly.

Doing 70 through a 50 zone is MUCH more dangerous than doing 30 through a 50 zone.

Who the fuck are you? The City of Calgary Coroner? Got any stats to back that up? Logic follows that the further your speed deviates from the posted speed, the greater the danger.

dericer
09-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by fast&dangr

Who the fuck are you? The City of Calgary Coroner? Got any stats to back that up? Logic follows that the further your speed deviates from the posted speed, the greater the danger.

Simple physics actually.

The faster you go the more momentum you carry, the longer it takes to stop.

Combine that with reaction time vs. distance travelled.

Anybody with a brain can figure that out.

http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/physics/chapter9section1.rhtml

There is a reason why speeding accidents are tracked statistically and not "too slow" accidents. :banghead:

GreyFox
09-27-2005, 09:30 PM
So if you were not on a resedential street, could you please inform us all where this single lane street with a solid yellow line with a speed limit of 50 which is 3 minutes away from your house is located?

And to Mr. Fast and Dangerous...what if i was a city of calgary coroner? you're lucky that im not. But lets say we put the simple common sense that dericer just posted to a real test.

You stand in the middle of the road and I'll hit you doing 30km/h. then we'll wait till you heal 100%, and you stand in the middle of the road again. This time, I'll hit you at 70km/h. Then, once your out of the hospital, you can explain to me which one hurt you more, and why it is more dangerous to drive through a 50 zone at 70 rather than 30.

3G
09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
So if you were not on a resedential street, could you please inform us all where this single lane street with a solid yellow line with a speed limit of 50 which is 3 minutes away from your house is located?

Actually this road is in a industrial area thats close to my house, the incident didn't happen on a residential road so stfu with your holier than thou attitude you and that other tightwad

derek123
09-27-2005, 11:35 PM
I would hate to see some of you drive in a real city.

If the day to day grind here is too much, you could always move back to the farm.

viffer
09-28-2005, 09:07 AM
shit happens. :dunno:

its best to chill and let it slide.

Sonic_A4
09-28-2005, 09:12 AM
dam truck drivers think the own the road :guns:

Tilly
10-01-2005, 10:32 PM
you guys should see how people drive out here in new york. let me just say that it isn't well. as for me, i think on my return to calgary driving will be hella easier. at least out here, people don't really care if you drive like an idiot, cause everyone else does too!

mshaw
10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
holy shit these roads in calgary are so much easier to drive on than say london where i used to live

derek123
10-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Tilly
you guys should see how people drive out here in new york. let me just say that it isn't well. as for me, i think on my return to calgary driving will be hella easier. at least out here, people don't really care if you drive like an idiot, cause everyone else does too!

I have never seen so many beaten up new cars as there.
scrapes and dings, mashed fenders yikes.

MidnightDreamer
10-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Funny about the res thing everyone is talking about... I will get pissed off if someone is doing 70 in a residential zone... but if someone does 30, it makes me like 10x more mad...

Tilly
10-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by derek123

I have never seen so many beaten up new cars as there.
scrapes and dings, mashed fenders yikes.

you said it. ALL cars in ny are beat up.. unless the owner is VERY well off and can afford underground parking. i'm suddenly glad i didn't drive down here.

fast&dangr
10-04-2005, 04:49 PM

Simple physics actually.

The faster you go the more momentum you carry, the longer it takes to stop.

Combine that with reaction time vs. distance travelled.

Anybody with a brain can figure that out.

http://www.sparknotes.com/testprep/books/sat2/physics/chapter9section1.rhtml

There is a reason why speeding accidents are tracked statistically and not "too slow" accidents. :banghead:

Please don't foul the good name of the study of physics. You might have a point if the ONLY mechanism for accident avoidance was slamming on the brakes and coming to a complete stop, which unfortunately is practiced by far too many shitty drivers. In reality, someting you know nothing of, accident avoidance can be as simple as driving at the posted speed limit. But don't take my word for it, according to an AMA spokesman in the latest issue of Westworld magazine, "the most effective way to avoid accidents is to maintain your speed and maneuver out of danger." Trying to defend someone driving 20 under the limit is just plain dumb. So stop digging your idiot hole deeper.

Too slow accidents are tracked - its called a "rear-ender"

fast&dangr
10-04-2005, 04:55 PM

And to Mr. Fast and Dangerous...what if i was a city of calgary coroner? you're lucky that im not. But lets say we put the simple common sense that dericer just posted to a real test.

You stand in the middle of the road and I'll hit you doing 30km/h. then we'll wait till you heal 100%, and you stand in the middle of the road again. This time, I'll hit you at 70km/h. Then, once your out of the hospital, you can explain to me which one hurt you more, and why it is more dangerous to drive through a 50 zone at 70 rather than 30.

how about no, retard. Real tough guy. eh? Any time you little bitch.

tapout
10-04-2005, 05:33 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

l8braker
10-04-2005, 08:10 PM
E-THUGZ YO.

gimme a break.

dericer
10-04-2005, 08:31 PM

Please don't foul the good name of the study of physics. You might have a point if the ONLY mechanism for accident avoidance was slamming on the brakes and coming to a complete stop, which unfortunately is practiced by far too many shitty drivers. In reality, someting you know nothing of, accident avoidance can be as simple as driving at the posted speed limit. But don't take my word for it, according to an AMA spokesman in the latest issue of Westworld magazine, "the most effective way to avoid accidents is to maintain your speed and maneuver out of danger." Trying to defend someone driving 20 under the limit is just plain dumb. So stop digging your idiot hole deeper.

Do you actually believe the BS coming from your mouth?

Unless you spent 3 semesters studying accident reconstruction for their physics paper. STFU

If you want me to bore you with friction factor then I'll continue.

http://roads.dicea.unifi.it/colloquium/VERT_proceedings/P22.pdf

But I do hate to argue with an AMA rep. from Westworld magazine. :rofl:

:closed:

fast&dangr
10-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Collectively, AMA has probably studied much more than 3 semesters of accident reconstruction. They ARE experts, they DO collect and analyse Alberta accident data, (and you don't) that's why I quoted them. When was the last time your views on road safety were published in a magazine? That's what i thought. ASS. What is less clear is why you insist on posting a lame arguement followed by a link to a high school physics lecture with little to no relevance to the topic being discussed that you dredged off Google.

dericer
10-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Collectively, AMA has probably studied much more than 3 semesters of accident reconstruction. They ARE experts, they DO collect and analyse Alberta accident data, (and you don't) that's why I quoted them. When was the last time your views on road safety were published in a magazine? That's what i thought. ASS. What is less clear is why you insist on posting a lame arguement followed by a link to a high school physics lecture with little to no relevance to the topic being discussed that you dredged off Google.

Actually that report was done by Yves Delanne, the Director of Research at one of the Most Prestigous Universities in the World.

But I am sure you already knew that.

The Rider
10-13-2005, 02:50 AM

So I think what we'd all like to know is, why is it so dangerous to drive 20 under in a residential area? Is it because at higher speed you can more readily swerve around ever present obstacles of the suburbs, such as children, animals, children riding animals, and pedestrians? :rolleyes: On multi-lane roads it's definitely dangerous as you will cause other drivers to swerve around you, but single lane? I eagerly await your explanation.

BTW As far as your theory on speed limits. They say maximum because that is the MAXIMUM speed allowed under IDEAL driving conditions. This is not a minimum speed. Theoretically you could get a ticket for driving at the posted speed limit if the roads were in really bad shape. It's called "driving too fast for conditions" And please don't try to argue this, because I don't want to have to dig up an Alberta driver's handbook so I can start quoting it.

As for the original topic of this thread, I have to laugh because I actually did this to a guy tonight. (I definitely don't drive a truck though). I did it because I was driving 50-55 through my neighbourhood (speed limit's 50) and the guy behind me seemed intent on driving as close as he possibly could to my bumper. WTF?? So I gradually slowed down to 25 for a while to see if maybe that would smarten him up. It didn't, and then I got bored so I just pulled away. I can't stand moronic drivers, and I think I was pretty justified in my actions.

4bier
10-13-2005, 04:13 AM
nothing like beatin a dead horse .... how many people follow every rule of the roads better luck getting around next time did you ever think maybe hes thinking the same thing some asshole trying to pass me in his lil race car????????maybe you need a faster car lol:rofl:

arian_ma
10-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Why are you all arguing?
:drama:

talonboi
10-13-2005, 10:16 PM

according to an AMA spokesman in the latest issue of Westworld magazine, "the most effective way to avoid accidents is to maintain your speed and maneuver out of danger." Trying to defend someone driving 20 under the limit is just plain dumb. So stop digging your idiot hole deeper.

umm so your telling me if you drive 70km in the residential, and a little kid runs out in between cars u can maneuver around the little kid?? and if you manage to maneuver around the kid, how about the oncoming traffic? they post speeds a low as 30 or 50km/h so u dont have to maneuver around in residential...

i can understand maneuvering on mcleod trail, and the deerfoot. but the residential area?

TipoBoy
10-31-2005, 04:23 PM
The posted figure is the maximum under ideal conditions. If the driver in front isn't comfortable going at that speed, for whatever reason, then I'd be more inclined to give them extra space. For example they could be looking for a turning and might stop unexpectedly. The last thing you should be doing is tailgating them and trying to intimidate them into driving faster than they wish. Would you tailgate a learner driver?

With regard to rear end accidents, these are 100% the fault of the person following and are caused by either not paying attention or by not allowing enough space to stop.

John

Rav4Guy
10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
If your intent on going slower than the speed limit.. then stay in the left lane. Because someone that's going faster than you WILL get pissed... leading to rage... leading to an accident. SO... slower drivers... either speed up or move over. It's much easier for someone to change lanes then for someone else to weave in-and-out of traffic just to get around the slow vehicles.

senior citizens have the most accidents per person amongst the different age groups.

dericer
10-31-2005, 04:36 PM
10km/h over in dry, average conditions.

Except for playgound school zones of course.

That's the perfect speed