PDA

View Full Version : warning for lowerd S13'S

240droptop
09-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I just want to warn s13 drivers so the same thing dosent hapen to you that happend to me. I lowerd my car using coilovers and when i did my tires were constantly rubbing the innerwheel wells so i took them out. I've driven my car like this for some time now and a recent problem has come to me. when i hit some bumps every now and then I would bottom out my tire to the car. Unfortunitly after some time now under my driver side fender a harness is located my tire has burned away some of the wires and this casued a short setting fire to my harness :( it burned the whole harness and now I have to replace it. Another freind of mine checked his car and he is very close to beng in the same situation i'm in. Anyways the point to this thread is to let any s13 drives who have lowerd there cars and removed there wheelwells to check this harnss located under your driver side fender and make sure your not about to have a mess on your hands lime I do. And for any Jdm drivers wondering the harness is there also under your driver side fender so check yours aswell.

snowboard
09-25-2005, 06:13 PM
This should be stickied at the top of the Forum.

braden883314
09-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Its definately a good idea to check wheel well clearance, the harness should be moved so that you dont ever have a problem like this, anouther problem can be the tire is hitting the seam in the wheel well, the seam can be cut down then welded.

~Braden

240droptop
09-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by braden883314
Its definately a good idea to check wheel well clearance, the harness should be moved so that you dont ever have a problem like this, anouther problem can be the tire is hitting the seam in the wheel well, the seam can be cut down then welded.

~Braden

yah we now have plans to relocate the harness

n1zm0
09-26-2005, 06:38 AM
yeh they had something like this on SCC, cept it was a seam weld that hit first and chopped the whole tire up.

240droptop
09-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0
yeh they had something like this on SCC, cept it was a seam weld that hit first and chopped the whole tire up.

hmm havint had any problems with that but i'll keep an Eye out for that aswell

SpoonEK9@STRD
09-26-2005, 05:47 PM
wow newbies.

crazydave
09-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
wow newbies.
:rolleyes: :guns:

240droptop
09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9