PDA

View Full Version : What do you recommend for 2 Way Car Alarms?

SteveMo600
09-25-2005, 10:47 PM
I've had a bit of trouble in terms of car theft lately and I want to invest in a really good 2 Way car alarm. Does anybody have any recommendations? I've heard that Viper and CompuStar both sell very good units. Is this true? Does anybody have anything positive or negative to say about these brands? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Strugari
09-26-2005, 06:48 AM
For range go with Compustar.
Excellent product and gr...........8 range:thumbsup:

duffspec
09-26-2005, 07:55 AM
^^^^^ :werd:

Mr.Buffy
09-26-2005, 12:22 PM
If you go with the Compustar, go with the FM for the greater range. It's worth the money.

This is assuming that it works though. I've had troubles with mine, brought it back, it worked okay, and now it's crap again.

If you have some sort of engine immoblizer in your car, they may need a spare key from you.

brodmeister
09-27-2005, 01:35 AM
buddy just got a 2 way compustar alarm combo @ crowfoot visions... loves it.. its on a disiel truck too... go see them.. they are amazing

JordanEG6
09-27-2005, 08:28 AM
:werd: X 2, its probably the best one. you should also invest in an immobilizer also just for good measure. mine didn't have one.

anarchy
09-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Compustar is probably the best, but if you are having car theft problems I would suggest getting a Club for the car.

Weapon_R
09-27-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Mr.Buffy

This is assuming that it works though. I've had troubles with mine, brought it back, it worked okay, and now it's crap again.

Sounds like the install went bad...

HRD2PLZ
09-27-2005, 09:10 AM
My compustar has been glichy but I think its because of the install. I had it originally installed in my Accord, then had it removed and reinstalled in the TL which is where it seems to have gone downhill. Otherwise, its a great unit, nice to be able to check status of the vehicle. My favorite feature is probably the remote start, at this point I couldn't care less about the 2-way paging :rofl:

SteveMo600
09-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by anarchy
Compustar is probably the best, but if you are having car theft problems I would suggest getting a Club for the car.

Yeah I am having some troubles. I actually caught the fucker trying to steal the car on my way home from Uni.

Do the clubs actually work or are they mainly a deterrent? Do you need a club if I can invest in a good 2 way CompuStar alarm w/ immobilizer?

bigbadboss101
09-27-2005, 02:57 PM
I had a Compustar 2 way FM on my previous car, and now I have an older model 2 way for my current car. The previous owner didn't have the 2 way remote. My alarm never went off, I guess no one wanted to get in the car. I liked the long range remote start. The 2 way functions are nice, but not necessarily useful. You probably won't be chasing down the guy, but you might be able to scare intruders with the panic button from long range.

Definitely go with a reputate installer.

Mr.Buffy
09-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Sounds like the install went bad..

Well, the first time, the car would never go into reservation mode and so auto start didn't work. I brought it back to the same place to get it fix. There was some corrosion on a part of the module so he by-passed/looped around it.

It worked...okay....for a bit

Compustars should have a lifetime warrenty on them, so I don't know why he didn't replace it instead. And I also got a piece of shit pager too, LCD screen is crap.

I really hope I can get this issue resolved.

Good initial install, okay-ish customer service experience after that (hard to get a hold of). But I trust this place more than say...A&B, etc.

Nissanaddict
09-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by SteveMo600

Yeah I am having some troubles. I actually caught the fucker trying to steal the car on my way home from Uni.

Do the clubs actually work or are they mainly a deterrent? Do you need a club if I can invest in a good 2 way CompuStar alarm w/ immobilizer?

Club = hard to cut
Steering wheel = easy to cut....hence
club = useless to someone who wants your car. It will deter anyone who wants ANY car.