PDA

View Full Version : IE problems, need help

Davide
09-26-2005, 05:02 PM
On certain websites like newgrounds, when I try to access files a new web page pops up with "Û춥VuUuu½ººµ? ,ó`cJU>#0éÁ¹:14Õ$×½" all over. What do I need to do to fix it?

Davetronz
09-26-2005, 06:25 PM
maybe a virus or spyware removal?....
Or the program to open the file extension you are trying to open....

dragonone
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
well nothing should b popping up, try using opera (which is now officially free) or mozilla or firefox, IE pop-up management just sux
and pair it w/ antivirus

and it's in that code because it's in a different language

googe
09-26-2005, 09:36 PM
its because your browser is thinking it should try and view the file instead of downloading it

Davetronz
09-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by dragonone
well nothing should b popping up, try using opera (which is now officially free) or mozilla or firefox, IE pop-up management just sux
and pair it w/ antivirus

and it's in that code because it's in a different language
Newgrounds will pop up the game or media file in a new page, hence his pop up.

dragonone
09-26-2005, 11:31 PM
but u willingly clicked on it to popup
his is popping up right away

anyhow, try spy-bot or such~

Weapon_R
09-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Get firefox! No more popups

Davide
09-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by googe
its because your browser is thinking it should try and view the file instead of downloading it Yes it does that a lot too! instead of being able to view sites its asks to download the site as a file, which in turn says It can't open the type of file.

One thing though, they are not pop-up ads, but sections of the site opening in new windows. Some sites I can't even get into "anymore".

It might be because I recently cleaned my pc of a shit load of spyware though. Maybe a virus corrupted one of my internet files?

hedge
09-27-2005, 07:31 AM
If it's trying to view when it shouldn't or vice versa, I think your file associations are hooped.

Davide
10-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by dragonone
and pair it w/ antivirus

and it's in that code because it's in a different language that worked great thanks, opera is way better then IE:thumbsup: