PDA

View Full Version : broken ribs

ecstasy_civic
09-27-2005, 01:54 PM
I had an incident the other day and now I have 2 cracked ribs, I know there isnt alot I can do for it.
But this is worse then when I had reconstructive shoulder surgery.I cant barely breathe or move, and theres a pulled pec muscle too.

Anyone have any ideas or past experiances that can give me some tips?

RickDaTuner
09-27-2005, 01:56 PM
pain killers?

lol dont mind me im just whoring today:burnout:

ecstasy_civic
09-27-2005, 01:57 PM
I downed a SHIT LOAD of pain killers last night ask Myron:rofl:
But nothing seems to help, it eases the pain, but breathing in is deadly.

1-Cent
09-27-2005, 02:19 PM
I'm still in favour of the midget whore in your pants idea, seriously what couldn't that fix? :hitit:

ecstasy_civic
09-27-2005, 02:21 PM
:poosie:

Unfortunatley it wont cure the pain....totally.... lol

TheBenzo
09-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Man, I remember when I was boxing I got jammed in the ribs once so fucking hard.. the first shot cracked them, the other 3 just made sure it hurt for a long time.. honestly I waited it out and downed the pain killers..

Most pain ever imo.

Vagabond142
09-27-2005, 03:33 PM
I've had shifted ribs from my days in Tae Kwon Do... thankfully they weren't broken, but moFUGGER did it hurt... what honestly helped was one of those "magic bag" thingies you toss in the microwave until it's very very VERY lightly hot (not full hot, I mean just barely above warm) and put that LIGHTLY on the affected area, or if you're lying down, use your arm to hold it gently against your ribs. That and a good dosing of codeine (Tylenol 3) will keep you happy. If there is no strong codeine avail, then hit up the Advil gelcaps with codeine in them.

And, if you believe in alternative medicine, there is always acupuncture.

NOTE: I am not a medical professional, I'm just saying what worked for me when I had a rib shifted out of position and then repositioned. That HURT. but what I described above worked for me (I didn't do acupuncture tho)

ecstasy_civic
09-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
I've had shifted ribs from my days in Tae Kwon Do... thankfully they weren't broken, but moFUGGER did it hurt... what honestly helped was one of those "magic bag" thingies you toss in the microwave until it's very very VERY lightly hot (not full hot, I mean just barely above warm) and put that LIGHTLY on the affected area, or if you're lying down, use your arm to hold it gently against your ribs. That and a good dosing of codeine (Tylenol 3) will keep you happy. If there is no strong codeine avail, then hit up the Advil gelcaps with codeine in them.

And, if you believe in alternative medicine, there is always acupuncture.

NOTE: I am not a medical professional, I'm just saying what worked for me when I had a rib shifted out of position and then repositioned. That HURT. but what I described above worked for me (I didn't do acupuncture tho)

THATS HILARIOUS!!!

ive been using the magic bag the same way you explained for the past 2 days lol
It works while its hot, but gets annoying when it cools down.
ive come up with a breathing technique which is helping for now lol

pyro
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
oh jeez 2 years ago i was snowboarding and over shot the landing and landed on my back and somehow it popped one of my front ribs out, it hurt like crazy but i didnt go to the doctor i just left it for a couple months and then i started having problems breathing so then i went in and they said that it would be major surgery cause they would have to dissemble my whole rib cage, so i decided to leave it so now it dosent hurt at all but i do have a rib sticking out of my stomach.

illeagle
09-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

you can only hold your breath for so long lol.... FIND THOSE T4's!!!

1-Cent
09-27-2005, 04:29 PM

THATS HILARIOUS!!!

ive been using the magic bag the same way you explained for the past 2 days lol
It works while its hot, but gets annoying when it cools down.

I guess I'll let you in on my closely guarded magic bag secret... well actually I'll be honest, I dated this girl once that whined way beyond her alotted whining rights when she was on her rag and the hot magic bag thing made her shut her yap, but then it would get cold and we'd be back to square one... eventually I bought a 2nd one to heat up while the 1st one was cooling off so they could be alternated. Just a thought :dunno:

Dave P
09-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Stop trying to masturbate. It probally just aggravates your ribs.

Vagabond142
09-27-2005, 05:28 PM
heheh magic bags amazingly work... I'm kinda surprised by how effective they are, but man, they do work :bigpimp:

Barking_Spidre
09-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Stop trying to masturbate. It probally just aggravates your ribs.

And if you are, at least strangle yourself, so you don't have to breath, and get the high of an orgasm with no oxygen in your brain! it's win win man!

ecstasy_civic
09-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Fuck you guys are nuts lol
I cant hardly walk down the stairs as any sudden movements KILLL:cry:

1-Cent
09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Barking_Spidre

And if you are, at least strangle yourself, so you don't have to breath, and get the high of an orgasm with no oxygen in your brain! it's win win man!

I think its safe to assume I never want to meet your girlfriend :werd:

ecstasy_civic
09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

HAHAHAHA:rofl:

Barking_Spidre
09-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 1-Cent

She's a freak! :poosie: :hitit:

kiwi
09-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Ouch man! That must really suck! A few years ago, I injured my ribs, & I couldn't breath properly for a week! I could only take short little gasps... moving around (like getting up or lying down from bed) was almost impossible!

& if you ever need to sneeze... do everything possible to prevent that sneeze!!! Bite down hard on your tongue! It works! lol

Davetronz
09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Hahaha so Scott, if you need to get it fixed via surgery you might as well as get them removed... Then atleast you can suck your own whang...

ecstasy_civic
09-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Getting up is almost impossible, thats why I find getting wrecked on pain killers before bed helps:burnout:

And no Dave, no wang sucking unless you bring your kneepads:poosie:

Im just wondering how long its going to take before i can get back to the gym:(
Or if this is going to effect me for very long...:cry:

Melinda
09-28-2005, 08:57 AM
I've had 2 ribs separate from my sternum while camping a few years ago. Mother hell, I never felt a pain like that. Not only was breathing difficult, but I walked around like an old woman for a week after that, all hunched over and decrepid! Nothing to do but pain killers and time dude! I can still push and move one of the ribs around that was separated, it's gross!

bonnieclyde240
09-28-2005, 09:49 AM
I broke one of my ribs at c.o.p, approached a jump too fast, launched 7ft and smacked right on my ride side. It hurt so bad that I was crying but no tears came down! I couldn't move, feels like you get the wind knocked out of you. My friends wanted
to take me to a hospital, but I rode it out. It doesn't hurt all the time, but when it does, I can't take a deep breath, cough or laugh w/o it hurting. I've been told to see a doctor, or take painkillers, but I figure if you could hack a little pain, time will heal it itself.

ecstasy_civic
09-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Ya I can take the pain lol, its more of an annoyance then anything.

Ive got a system for breathing, laughing and stairs.
I just want it to heal already lol:rofl:

<---------Most impatient person in the world

Fluidic
09-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by pyro
i went in and they said that it would be major surgery cause they would have to dissemble my whole rib cage, so i decided to leave it so now it dosent hurt at all but i do have a rib sticking out of my stomach.

Ummm.... oh.

finboy
09-29-2005, 03:06 PM
so if anyone wants to beat the hell out of scott, now is your chance, he is weak and defenceless like a baby seal :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ecstasy_civic
09-29-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by finboy
so if anyone wants to beat the hell out of scott, now is your chance, he is weak and defenceless like a baby seal :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Better do it while you can Adam:devil: :rofl:

2 weeks and ill be back at it:poosie:

cman
09-29-2005, 07:41 PM
ouch, caught a nice knee in your kickboxing im guessing?
sucks to hear man, i had a rib injury several years ago and it hurt like hell. and like pyro, i have a rib sticking out now.

ecstasy_civic
09-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by cman
ouch, caught a nice knee in your kickboxing im guessing?
sucks to hear man, i had a rib injury several years ago and it hurt like hell. and like pyro, i have a rib sticking out now.

Caught up in a clinch, 2 knees = cracked ribs lol

Ah well, as long as it heals soon im not to worried about it, supposed to be going to the states in late October to check out a gym and I plan on gettin' it on down there:clap:

Its feeling significantly better today, minus the stretching to the left.

cman
09-29-2005, 07:59 PM
ya i assumed that much. well places knees in the clinch are fucking deadly!

ecstasy_civic
09-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by cman
ya i assumed that much. well places knees in the clinch are fucking deadly!

I love knees, its usually me giving, not taking lol:cry:

DJ Lazy
09-29-2005, 08:36 PM
its usually me giving, not taking lol:cry:

Too easy....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AcuraTl
09-29-2005, 08:39 PM

I love knees, its usually me giving, not taking lol:cry:

not sure if it was covered already, but why not go to a hospital? last time i checked healthcare was still mostly free :P

Barking_Spidre
09-29-2005, 08:51 PM

I love being on my knees, its usually me giving, not taking lol:cry:

Haha, What did you say? :poosie:

cman
09-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Barking_Spidre

Haha, What did you say? :poosie:
BAHAHAHAHA owned. niceo ne

ecstasy_civic
09-29-2005, 09:05 PM
You two fucks are gonna get it :rofl: and NO not like that lol

Although, Fraser was nice enough to offer his body so I could take out some aggression the other night:poosie: :angel:

finboy
09-29-2005, 10:04 PM

Although, Fraser was nice enough to offer his body so I could take out some aggression the other night:poosie: :angel:

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/1092/leogay0rq.gif

hahahaha, jk man

illeagle
09-29-2005, 10:04 PM
You two fucks are gonna get it :rofl: and NO not like that lol

back off the painkillers, and uppers scott... :rofl:

ecstasy_civic
09-29-2005, 10:42 PM
fuck you guys lol

were definatley going out drinking now:devil: :rofl:

cman
09-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by finboy

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/1092/leogay0rq.gif

hahahaha, jk man
ROFL|!!!!! you just keep making it worse on yourself!