PDA

View Full Version : Roenick Hurt, He Deserves it!

gongSHOW
09-27-2005, 05:47 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=137712

Well, he got hit with a clean hit and he's whinning like a little baby. "

''I think it indicates the state of our game, the lack of respect - especially in pre-season,'' Roenick said. ''It is uncalled for. It is ridiculous - one of the reasons our game isn't as good as it once was. There is no respect for people in this league. It was not a cheap hit, it was a good solid hit. But you don't do that in pre-season.''

This coming from the only guy who goes around and hits people during the All Star Game:poosie: . What a joke :thumbsdow

l8braker
09-27-2005, 05:47 PM
they should stitch that fuck's mouth shut..

my god SHUT UP already. no hittin' in the preseason??? welcome to the NHL.

ryder_23
09-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Lack of respect :rofl:

who respects JR BAAHHAHAHAHAHA

is he thinking he some big super star who should go untouched? :rofl:

what a joke...He is a reason the game isnt the same, if hes gonna cry some more, someone should send him down to the farm team

hockeybronx
09-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Hate him or love him he's one of the toughest S.O.B's in the NHL and he'll be back better than ever in no time.

I highly agree with what Avery said though, Gauthier has always been a pussy hiding behind his visor and he'll never drop his gloves and back it up.

It's one thing to run your 230 pound body around and smoke people, but at least have the balls to back it up. Drop your gloves, take your stupid visor and helmet off and show the world how tough you are.

88CRX
09-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Gautier let off on the hit.... it wasnt even that bad. He could have taken Roenick's head off if he wanted too.

Gautier :thumbsup:

Roenick :thumbsdow

Avery :rolleyes:

habsfan
09-27-2005, 08:42 PM
i couldnt have been happier to see that loudmouth cocksucker face down on the ice. i've hated roenick for years, hopefully this one shortens his career just a little more.

tapout
09-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
i couldnt have been happier to see that loudmouth cocksucker face down on the ice. i've hated roenick for years, hopefully this one shortens his career just a little more. :rofl: :rofl: :werd:

cman
09-27-2005, 10:17 PM
LOL who is avery? what has he ever done. ?
thats right fuck all. what a fag trying to diss anotehr players game just to cover up his own short comings. it was a clean hit, roenicks a whiny bitch. he deserved it. keep your head up boys

gongSHOW
09-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Hate him or love him he's one of the toughest S.O.B's in the NHL and he'll be back better than ever in no time.

I highly agree with what Avery said though, Gauthier has always been a pussy hiding behind his visor and he'll never drop his gloves and back it up.

It's one thing to run your 230 pound body around and smoke people, but at least have the balls to back it up. Drop your gloves, take your stupid visor and helmet off and show the world how tough you are.
Uhh bud, didn't Gauthier fight Tom Kostopoulos later in the second period, after the hit? Gauthier hasn't really been one to shy away from a fight.

Benny
09-27-2005, 11:14 PM
I have a vid somewhere of him dancing earlier on in that game. Funny shit. :thumbsup:

hockeybronx
09-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW

Uhh bud, didn't Gauthier fight Tom Kostopoulos later in the second period, after the hit? Gauthier hasn't really been one to shy away from a fight.

Honestly Gauthier is one of the biggest cowards in the NHL. If he did fight in the second, I guarantee you he kept his visor on. I know you play hockey man, when it's two tough guys with respect for each other you both take your helmets off if you are wearing visors and go from there. Nobody wants to break their hand, just to pump their team up.

Countless times I've seen him back away. Case in point number 1 in my mind: when he decided to take a run at Sundin and separated Sundins shoulder on Calgarys crappy glass (before they replaced it) and Tucker went after him. Gauthier would have none of it and Tucker pushed his helmet over his eyes mocking Gauthiers visor.

I know he's had problems with his jaw and teeth in the past, but I'd like to see him take the visor off when he fights, that's all.

stevieo
09-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Benny
I have a vid somewhere of him dancing earlier on in that game. Funny shit. :thumbsup:

where he was dancing to disco music?

that was a game vs colorado

JR played phoenix when his brain got sloshed around like scrambled eggs

88CRX
09-28-2005, 12:47 PM
did you guys hear averys commment about french canadian hockey players now :rofl:

stevieo
09-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
did you guys hear averys commment about french canadian hockey players now :rofl:

ya haha, funny how his teammate belanger is a french canadian and he wears a visor..oh ya doesn't robitallie wear a visor too? wheres he from? aww shucks..

hope laraque beats the living shit out of avery hahaha

hockeybronx
09-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

ya haha, funny how his teammate belanger is a french canadian and he wears a visor..oh ya doesn't robitallie wear a visor too? wheres he from? aww shucks..

I don't mean to go against the grain, but Avery can handle himself. If you don't believe me go to www.hockeyfights.com and check his history.

civic_stylez
09-28-2005, 02:37 PM
roenick has always been,and will always be a bitch...anybody who drills that homo is worthy of my praise!!!!

l8braker
09-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

haha never even thought of that!!! :thumbsup:

stevieo
09-28-2005, 03:52 PM

I don't mean to go against the grain, but Avery can handle himself. If you don't believe me go to www.hockeyfights.com and check his history.

Good luck handling yourself when you have a bunch of goons/enforcers coming after you..everyone is gonna want a piece of him (of French Canadian descent)

im sure worrell and laraque will greet him nicely.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Dear Mr. Avery,

You are not Don Cherry.

Thanks.

Canaduh
09-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
they should stitch that fuck's mouth shut..

my god SHUT UP already. no hittin' in the preseason??? welcome to the NHL.

:werd:
I second that

:whocares: about JR..

sexualbanana
09-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I think now he's just mad that no one came to his defense. Look at Iginla and Ritchie. Ritchie gets cranked by Ruutu, which was even Iginla said was totally clean, and Iginla still came over to defend him.

Roenick gets the shit knocked outta him. No one comes to defend him (at least none that I saw). So he complains about no hitting in pre-season.

No hitting in pre-season!?!?! Tell that to journeyman players who rely on physical play to make the team. Hell, tell that to Phaneuf then. He's been laying a body to everyone.

stevieo
09-29-2005, 10:34 AM

oh ya Hockeybronx, he didn't handle himself too good the other week playing the avs, laparierre challanged and avery backed down. wait aminute isn't laparierre french canadian? by damn he is hahaha

they play again tonight, i hope he gets his head taken off
http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_3070188

gongSHOW
09-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I think now he's just mad that no one came to his defense. Look at Iginla and Ritchie. Ritchie gets cranked by Ruutu, which was even Iginla said was totally clean, and Iginla still came over to defend him.

:werd:, I know the whole team said it was clean but that was a huge charge

interlude
10-02-2005, 06:20 PM
can someone post a vid of roenick getting smoked by gaulthier?

heavyD
10-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Absolutely retarded thread.:thumbsdow No one deserves a concussion. Whether you love or hate J.R. there is no denying that he's a colorful athlete in a league that sorely needs more of his kind.

In regards to Avery's comments, there is a reason that the French are more disliked across the world (and in Canada) than even the U.S. A country who's only contribution to the world has been fine quisine and fashion. A country who likes to talk the talk but when it comes time to walk raises the white flag and rolls out the welcome matt for opposing armies. Since the 1800's they have lost pretty well every war they have been involved in and without the help of the U.S. would be a republic of Germany. They have a bicycle race (Tour de France) that is won by a French man about once every 20 years, they have a French Open Tennis Tournament that hasn't been won by a French man or women in more than 30 years. You realize now why the French are always feeling sorry for themselves.

I almost forgot. The French are famous for their "WHINE".;)

cman
10-03-2005, 08:27 PM
wicked post heavyD.
"oh look the british just saved our asses, again!, lets blame them for us losing our entire fleet. they did nothing to help us out.":rolleyes:

mac_82
10-03-2005, 10:41 PM
I didn't think the thread was about who deserves a concussion. Its not like it is his first anyways. His attitude about the whole situation is what makes him deserving. The hit on JR was clean, plain and simple. Everytime he gets hit hard he could get a concussion after 10+. Why should people let up in preseason when there spot on the roster is on the line. And just like Dowbiggins article in the Herald this morning, I'm sure people wouldnt be so happy if Avery's comments were about Blacks, Asians, Muslims or Jews. So why does he have the right to cus out French Canadians? :thumbsdow

gongSHOW
10-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
There is a reason that the French are more disliked across the world (and in Canada) than even the U.S. A country who's only contribution to the world has been fine quisine and fashion. A country who likes to talk the talk but when it comes time to walk raises the white flag and rolls out the welcome matt for opposing armies. Since the 1800's they have lost pretty well every war they have been involved in and without the help of the U.S. would be a republic of Germany. They have a bicycle race (Tour de France) that is won by a French man about once every 20 years, they have a French Open Tennis Tournament that hasn't been won by a French man or women in more than 30 years. You realize now why the French are always feeling sorry for themselves.

I almost forgot. The French are famous for their "WHINE".;)
How does this have any relevance other then it being loosely based to Avery's comments? You are trying to condone this guy’s comments after analysts, fellow players and just about every person across the continent have scrutinized, his idiotic comments.

Gautheir’s hit on Roenick was completely clean and Roenick is disapproving the actions of Gauthier when the guy is fighting for a spot on the team. This is the same guy who is the only player to hit someone in the All-Star game (minus Tkachuk because he basically "retaliated"), a game where there is nothing on the line. Come on :rolleyes: ! Does anyone see the irony in this :dunno:?

Originally posted by mac_82
His attitude about the whole situation is what makes him deserving

Exactly :thumbsup:

interlude
10-05-2005, 12:28 AM
can somebody post a link to the video please.. ive been looking on tsn.ca and only find the video of roenick crying.