PDA

View Full Version : Popo around stop signs...

RiceCake
02-10-2003, 10:49 PM
So today I'm driving down my street, make a complete stop and a cop pulls me over to write me up a stop sign ticket. He says I didn't wait long enough to be considerred a full stop.

How should I fight this ticket or go about getting it reduced? And how does the registered owner tickets work?

There were at least 5 cars that passed by without stopping at the stop sign while the cop was writing up my ticket. One big white van even plowed right through it. Seemed like a lil drift....:dunno: The cop came back to my car saying he didn't see any of those cars so I get the wrap for it... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Any advice?

Dj_Stylz
02-10-2003, 10:55 PM
maybe u can go to court and go fight it
tell them what u did and they might drop it

Weapon_R
02-10-2003, 10:58 PM
Just blame it on the weather. The Judge is going to believe the pig before he believes you. Tell him that you hit an icepatch, and that there was no way to completely stop. Lie, do whatever.

max_boost
02-10-2003, 11:08 PM
That is absolutely retarded......is there a 3 second rule for stop signs? Regardless, I think you just got picked on

RiceCake
02-10-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
That is absolutely retarded......is there a 3 second rule for stop signs? Regardless, I think you just got picked on

:werd: especially when i counted numerous cars behind me that blew past the stop sign, where as I actually stopped for it... :(

OPGForce
02-11-2003, 12:20 AM
I believe the law is "2 full seconds after a complete stop".

civic_stylez
02-11-2003, 12:29 AM
i hate the term that cops use "rolling stop" how the hell can you have a rolling stop??? buncha morons. either youre stopped or youre not.

szw
02-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by civic_stylez
i hate the term that cops use "rolling stop" how the hell can you have a rolling stop??? buncha morons. either youre stopped or youre not.

Umm they use the term rolling to stop to mean you didn't really stop. What would you rather call it? "rolling-slow-drive-by"?

Speed_RaSiR
02-11-2003, 11:17 AM
I got jacked as well for the same offence so pissed off, Im gonna fight it and at least get the demerits taken off, believe it or not its 2 points for that WTF!

RiceCake
02-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Actually I thought it was 3 points... looks like I'll be taking this one to court... oh yeah, I have 2 middle names on my lisence but the officer only wrote down one on my ticket... does this count as a technicality? *crosses fingers* hmm... probably not... gah...

ancient
02-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Umm if you stopped, like STOPPED, and didnt' roll a lil then started going, they have no means at all.

ancient
02-11-2003, 03:53 PM
Oh and to add there is always a cop parked out in douglasdale, by the crayon school area stop signs.

mrmattyk
02-11-2003, 03:55 PM
3 seconds at a stop sign. I know this because my sister failed her driver's license test because of that.

bol
02-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
Actually I thought it was 3 points... looks like I'll be taking this one to court... oh yeah, I have 2 middle names on my lisence but the officer only wrote down one on my ticket... does this count as a technicality? *crosses fingers* hmm... probably not... gah...

maybe, if you're lucky

i got one of my tickets off because he didn't write my middle name down at all

about a week after i pleaded not guilty and that i'd fight it I got a letter from the courts saying that the ticket was quashed.

Superesc
02-11-2003, 04:12 PM
I think its 3 sec.

GTS Jeff
02-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by bol

maybe, if you're lucky

i got one of my tickets off because he didn't write my middle name down at all

about a week after i pleaded not guilty and that i'd fight it I got a letter from the courts saying that the ticket was quashed. HEY ONE OF MINE IS LIKE THAT TOO! HOLY SHIT I'M OFF ON BOTH TICKETS! WHOOOO!

RiceCake
02-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
HEY ONE OF MINE IS LIKE THAT TOO! HOLY SHIT I'M OFF ON BOTH TICKETS! WHOOOO!
cross your fingers dude... but you got one that's a big ticket...... they might not you slide on those...

Smartiepants
02-11-2003, 05:16 PM
That stuff is suck crap, they pick on people with cars that stand out. When was the last time you heard of someone in a van getting a ticket for that shit.

tegdream
02-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Smartiepants
That stuff is suck crap, they pick on people with cars that stand out. When was the last time you heard of someone in a van getting a ticket for that shit.

u tell 'em nick! :rofl: :rofl:

CrAzY_PLaYa
02-11-2003, 08:21 PM
my friend got one of those tickets in an SUV..the fcuker followed him all the way to the school parking lot ticket and when he parked he gave him a ticket..

and if a cop doesnt hand in the ticket to the court, yur off..
i thought the stop-sign rule was stop, look all ways, then proceed. :s

T5_X
02-12-2003, 12:00 AM
LOL. I did a rolling stop right in front of a cop the other day. I didn't even see him. Didn't look like he gave two shits though. I guess he knew that I wasn't out to murder everyone on the road by my reckless driving, LOL

RiceCake
02-12-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
LOL. I did a rolling stop right in front of a cop the other day. I didn't even see him. Didn't look like he gave two shits though. I guess he knew that I wasn't out to murder everyone on the road by my reckless driving, LOL
The thing is I wouldn't be so pissed if I did a rolling stop, I came to a complete stop, looked in both directions for oncoming cars, no cars coming, so I turned and got a ticket... :(