PDA

View Full Version : Need help with tail lights!!

topher91
09-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Hey guys need your help again!!

So I have a problem with my brake lights. On MY passenger side, when I press the brake while I have my lights on, the brake light goes completely out. MY passenger side is all ok and gets brighter like normal. Its not the bulb cuz I replaced it and it still does the same thing.

Can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot this or fix it??

Thanks again!!! :D

Chris

Boost Infested
09-27-2005, 09:40 PM
check the fuse box in the kick panel...

ps: its probably in Japanese! lol just check every single one in the fuse panel.

topher91
09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
check the fuse box in the kick panel...

ya think its a fuse?? Wouldn't the lite be out completely??

Boost Infested
09-27-2005, 09:43 PM
wont hurt to check... or u got the wrong bulbs..

come by we can trouble shoot, since u are so close to my house.

mshaw
09-27-2005, 09:46 PM
yeah when u find out i would like to know too cause i have the same weird problem

dymz999
09-27-2005, 09:59 PM
the correct fuse to check and the only one that matters is the 3rd lowest fuse on the right hand side. That controls interior illumination, brake lights and other wierd things. That would be the fuse. If you wired an aftermarket radio up it can cause wierd things to happen depending on how or where or what you did to that illumination wire in the radio harness...

topher91
09-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
the correct fuse to check and the only one that matters is the 3rd lowest fuse on the right hand side. That controls interior illumination, brake lights and other wierd things. That would be the fuse. If you wired an aftermarket radio up it can cause wierd things to happen depending on how or where or what you did to that illumination wire in the radio harness...

Aftermarket radio?? Really?? Shoot. I can't remember if I had this problem b4 I put the stereo in..... :confused:

But I'll check the fuses tomorrow.

And again, I don't think its the bulbs at all cuz I used the bulb on the other side and it works properly :D

Chris

dymz999
09-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Also make sure the wires are still pinned properly at the connector. I had 1 loose and it caused my rear lights not to light up at all until a cop nicely told me about it. I'm thinking its a fuse though.

does this only happen with your headlights on or with them off or both?

topher91
09-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by dymz999
Also make sure the wires are still pinned properly at the connector. I had 1 loose and it caused my rear lights not to light up at all until a cop nicely told me about it. I'm thinking its a fuse though.

does this only happen with your headlights on or with them off or both?

Only happens when the lights are on.

Thanks,

Chris

dymz999
09-28-2005, 06:54 AM
yeah then there is something wrong along the illumination circuit, probably not the fuse. Look for this orange colored wire in the radio harness wiring. if it is bare and grounding against the chassis it can cause wierd stuff to happen. If it is hooked up to the radio for some reason and shouldn't be it could cause exactly what is happening.

Besides the fuse possibility and what is above it would have to be a wiring problem. You can always double check the connector that runs right near where the fuel tank lid is. It runs underneather interior and is where your rear acessories click into.

topher91
10-03-2005, 06:49 PM
ok

Checked the Fuse....its fine......

Cheked the illumination wire..... its fine too!! :confused:

Ive got a couple of days off this week so I'm gonna have to trace the wire from the tail light all the way to the front....

It must be some loose wire?? :guns:

I hate electrical problems!!!! :nut: :banghead: :banghead:

Chris

240droptop
10-03-2005, 09:45 PM
hmm stupid electrical same problem I have also my back right Brake light and my spoiler brake light dont work and this only started about a week or two ago and the bulbs are fine so I dunno i'm confused on the whole thing another little thing with my car is with the back tailight the inner bulb closes to the center of the car everytime I change the bulb it gets very hot smokes inside the bulb then burns out I figure its getting to much power:dunno:

OH guess I better mention I drive a coupe well a convertible but same thing