PDA

View Full Version : someone work at futureshop?

abc1
09-28-2005, 06:12 PM
need to know something about warranty. pm me and i can go into details.

kenny
09-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Most ppl that work there are clueless about the warranty except for how much it costs :) Look on the pamphlet they give you and call the number and ask questions through those people instead.

Speed_69
09-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Most ppl that work there are clueless about the warranty except for how much it costs :) Look on the pamphlet they give you and call the number and ask questions through those people instead.
true that! i work there(well very soon to quit) but i know nothing about the warrantys haha

abc1
09-28-2005, 06:39 PM
They didn't give me a pamphlet. They told me i can exchange the item I bought for a different one if I don't like it as long as it's the same price and I need a excuse for it, like the headphones give 56kbps. I have been told they don't check the item. Just wondering if anyone heard the same as me or know if this works.

GTS Jeff
09-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by abc1
They didn't give me a pamphlet. Then go get one!

And no, that's not how PSP is supposed to work, though you may get lucky anyway.

abc1
09-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Then go get one!

And no, that's not how PSP is supposed to work, though you may get lucky anyway.

I don't think I can get one that easy since the nearest Future Shop is an hour and a half away. I looked it up and I think I found it.

Coverage: This Plan covers manufacturer's defects in materials and workmanship that are the result of normal usage......

Well my hard drive on my mp3 player crapped out. Would it cover that then?

Pihsiak
09-28-2005, 09:21 PM
did you buy a PSP or PRP on your mp3 player?

if it was under 200 bucks and you paid 50 bucks at most for the plan, then it would have been PRP (product replacement plan)

in order to get a gift card for a replacement towards anything of your choice, you have the call the 1-888 number and they will send you a shipping bag with stamps, if it is defected and they cover it then you get a gift card in the mail. No need to go in.

and define "Hard drive crapped out"

stopped spinning... not turn on... software doens't work....

abc1
09-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I got the PSP. The player turns on but the harddrive does nothing. The player displays that there is nothing on the hard drive when there is. It doesn't play and I can't even reformat it. When I plug it to the comp, it doesn't show up as another hard drive.

jdmakkord
09-28-2005, 09:49 PM
What kind of mp3 player is it? Most hard drive mp3's are sent away for repair, and not over the counter exchange.

abc1
09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Mine is the iriver i-hp 120. Its discontinued so I'm not sure what will happen.

403Gemini
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM

90% of mp3 players ARE over the counter exchange

any ipod product however is not

Chiggles
09-29-2005, 08:27 AM

Your hard drive sounds like it's corrupted somehow. Generally, PSP for MP3 players is an exchange service. If the product starts to work less than 100% from the way it used to when you first bought it, you qualify for an exchange of an item equal to, or of comparable specifications, up to the price of what the original cost you from the date of purchase. If the next model up, or the next comparable unit is more expensive than what you paid for on the original unit, you can either just pay the difference to go up to it, or get your money back for whatever you spent on the original unit.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

90% of mp3 players ARE over the counter exchange

any ipod product however is not

Every iPod product contains an INTERNAL proprietary rechargable battery. This battery is a consumable item that you can't just buy from anywhere except from Apple direct. Moreover, the battery is encased in such a way that you have to dismantle the unit to get at the compartment, which would void Apple's warranty. Therefore, by this definition, regardless if the problem is battery-related or not, if you have a problem with an iPod, PSP says you'll get an exchange for a brand NEW, possibly successor model (depending on if you just happen to catch it at a time when older models are phased out of transition to the new ones). Apple will say "mail it back to us and we'll try to fix/swap the drive".