PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Snowblade?

hockeybronx
09-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Has anybody on here had any experience snowblading? It's basically the really short skis with no poles.

I was thinking about picking it up this year, just wanted to see what everyones comments about them were.:thumbsup:

Chester
09-28-2005, 08:36 PM
They're SO SLOOOOW. Don't do it. I did it for a little while like 4-5 years ago.

jizzajames
09-28-2005, 08:46 PM
i have a set of snowblades... it's fun... you can do all sorts of tricks that it's harder to on ski's cuz theyre really short right.. but you can't go in powder cuz you just sink.. i think if you want a pair.. go for it... it's neat.. but you prob end up getting a set of ski's in a couple years anyways..

if you are lookin for a set. let me know .. i'll sel you mine:thumbsup:

hockeybronx
09-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by jizzajames
i have a set of snowblades... it's fun... you can do all sorts of tricks that it's harder to on ski's cuz theyre really short right.. but you can't go in powder cuz you just sink.. i think if you want a pair.. go for it... it's neat.. but you prob end up getting a set of ski's in a couple years anyways..

if you are lookin for a set. let me know .. i'll sel you mine:thumbsup:

Check your PM.

Kobe
09-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Snowblades are gay.. Stick to snowboarding or skiing...

I hate seeing stupid snowbladers!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Gurpy
09-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Bleh, i'm a skier and not the biggest fan of snowboarding, but i'd even say snowboard instead of snowblade. DO NOT snowblade though, do anything but snowblade and snowbike. Those two things are the worst things you can possibly do.

DJ Lazy
09-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Why don't you jsut by a real pair of skis Hockeybronx??

Snowblading is SOOOO 1999... :rofl:

I even got a pair for sale.. PM for details. :)

Singel
10-01-2005, 12:08 AM
It's fun, the only drawback that I've seen myself is that people make fun of you:cry: I've never had any problem in mine in powder, you just have to change your style and lean back, then there's no problem with sinking. I've found you can't really ski super aggresively with them (in the bumps anyways). People say it just looks effortless for me when I'm going down any blacks/double blacks, and that's really how it feels to me. You kind of have to let the run come to you instead of really attacking it like you might on skis, but you can have a really nice and smooth rythm like that. And its also nice to have a ton of control in really tight spots like in the trees, you're able to make some tight turns and quick decisions that wouldn't be possible in skis.

And the easy adjustable binding is nice on them too, if you ever wanted to share them or lend them to someone its nice and simple. All that said I'm probably pretty much down with them this year, I'm gonna try telemarking, and probly get now downhill skis too. I have a higher end pair that I might also consider selling if the other ones fell through

hockeybronx
10-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, as far as people making fun of me on the hill, I really don't care what people say... so that takes care of this.

I'm just starting to get into it now, I figure I'll give it a try this year and if I want to next year I'll get a set of skis.

Thanks guys for all your responses.

canderson
10-01-2005, 05:47 PM
snowblades snowblades ha ha ha snowblades snowblades ra ra ra... GO TEEAR IT UP MAN...

DO NOT SNOWBLADE EVER

BerserkerCatSplat
10-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Snowblading is fun as hell. Skis are ungainly, snowblades are less stable and more fun! I go back and forth between my blades and my board all the time.

And fuck what other people think. :D

7thgenvic
10-03-2005, 11:33 AM
ONE WORD!

gay,

actually two words

super gheyyy

@lchy
10-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Snowblading is acceptable under the following conditions only:
1- you wear a fanny pack
2- you wear one of those really long toques
3- you are foriegn and don't know any better
4- you are drunk

95EagleAWD
10-04-2005, 06:39 AM
Guns don't kill people...

Snowblades kill people. :eek:

Seriously... save your dignity and self-respect and buy yourself a nice pair of twin-tip skis.

The rule should be if you snowblade, you have to wear jeans too so we can really make fun of you.

The actual shitty situation is you can't do much on them. You can't ski powder, because you sink. You can't ski steeps, because you have no control. You can't jump them, no matter what people say, because you can't land on that tiny surface area. Try hitting Louise's 40 foot table and landing without crashing. Or hit up Upper Charlie's at Marmot and see if you can get through there. Or any place where you have to do a bit of hiking; like off the back of Marmot's peak.

As for having "a ton of control in really tight spots"... I'll take my skis wherever a snowblader or snowboarder goes. :)

To reiterate.. :D Buy some skis... it's worth it.

two_planks
12-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Whats the hardest part of being a snowblader??

Telling your dad that your gay.

RB25DET
12-04-2005, 03:55 AM
Snowblading is fun for people who suck ass at skiing. Once your good enough to actually use skii's properly, snowblades are teh Suxor.....and thats all beside the point, cause snowblades are about as gay as two dudes fucking. I very much pride myself for never using a pair of snowblades, i am however a "fairly good" skiier.....

handsomebassman
12-04-2005, 04:03 AM
ignore the shits who cant understand that its just another way to enjoy the great out doors and the snow. I have boarded, skied, and bladed for a long ass time. I love takin my blades out. They are hella fun.

Foz
12-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I've done snowblading a couple of times and it's fun. Good thing about it is you can do tricks more easily. One thing I liked about them you didn't have to use any annoying ski poles.

But yeah, in powder you sink and I've noticed the slowness compared to skis/snowboarders.

But in ice conditions, they were great. My snowboarding friends couldn't keep up.

;)

Try it, it's fun. It's not popular among the skiing/snowboarding crowd but that doesn't mean it's 'gay'.

I guess for teens, they may be overly subconscious of what others think of them, but hey, if you're an adult who cares!

:thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Foz
I've done snowblading a couple of times and it's fun. Good thing about it is you can do tricks more easily. One thing I liked about them you didn't have to use any annoying ski poles.

But yeah, in powder you sink and I've noticed the slowness compared to skis/snowboarders.

But in ice conditions, they were great. My snowboarding friends couldn't keep up.

;)

Try it, it's fun. It's not popular among the skiing/snowboarding crowd but that doesn't mean it's 'gay'.

I guess for teens, they may be overly subconscious of what others think of them, but hey, if you're an adult who cares!

:thumbsup:

That sums it up pretty well, athough powder can be managed if you lean back a bit. (You still won't go very quick, but it's better than walking it.) The newer models of blades are a little wider and I hear they stand up to powder better.

I haven't found them to be any slower then skis or boards, either.

What really cracks me up is the people that are so insecure and obsessed with what other people think of them that they believe their sexual orientation is based on how they choose to go down a ski slope. :rofl:

I snowboard and snowblade... does that make me bisexual? :rofl:

Gurpy
12-04-2005, 03:51 PM
^ Nah, you snowboard because it's better, you snowblade to show gay pride.

(just kidding)

BerserkerCatSplat
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
:rofl: Wiseass.

hockeybronx
12-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah I ended up buying the snowblades and I took them out to Louise last Monday. I have to say they were a ton of fun. I picked it up easily as I have played hockey for 17 years so it was just like skating down the mountain. Going again this Monday and I can't wait!

And about what other people think, for a person who could really care less what people who go all the way out to the mountains just to judge others think, they are perfect for me!

Hey I'll be the only one of the mountain with snowblades, and I'll have a hell of a lot of fun doing it:thumbsup:

Foz
12-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention (you already experienced it) , if you play hockey (i.e. can skate) it's another bonus as the learning curve for snowblades is easier than skis/snowboarding.

That's why I went with snowblades over skis when I first rented.

Foz
12-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention (you already experienced it) , if you play hockey (i.e. can skate) it's another bonus as the learning curve for snowblades is easier than skis/snowboarding.

That's why I went with snowblades over skis when I first rented.

Some of the people on the hill didn't know what they were, so I told them they were 'midget skis'.

;) :rofl:

95EagleAWD
12-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Foz
Good thing about it is you can do tricks more easily.

Easier for tricks?

What kind of tricks do you do? My 177cm 1080s are good for tricks... Like I said above, you can't land anything on tiny ass snowblades. I got no probs hopping 360s wherever I please on my 1080s... and I can hit any table I see, plus hop off cliffs and such... you need surface area on your feet for big air!!!! :banghead:

Gurpy
12-04-2005, 09:00 PM
^ Probably talking about hitting a little bump off the ground getting a foot of air and doing a 360. Snowblader stylezz

RB25DET
12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Haha ya, i know for a fact half that things i can do on my skiis, no one on earth could land on snowblades......