PDA

View Full Version : Electric toothbrushes

Boost Infested
09-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Which electric toothbrush do you have? My dentist recommended an electric toothbrush over a manual one.

$50 to $190..... holy christ! Are they that much better?!?

cityhunter2501
09-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I have the Braun Oral-B or something like that
personally though I preffer manual ones than electrics

t-im
09-28-2005, 11:58 PM
I have a Sonicare...

GQBalla
09-29-2005, 12:19 AM
i have a sonicare too! goot toothbrush lol my dentist hooked me up with the most recent model 6 months before it came out!

GTS Jeff
09-29-2005, 12:22 AM
I've been using one for a few years now. It's nice because I can spend much less time brushing my teeth (I'm lazy) and because it allows for better cleaning of all the teeth in the back. However, if you can brush properly with a regular toothbrush, it won't be any better.

I still like to break out the old manual toothbrush with super stiff bristles for a good scrubbing every now and then.

t-im
09-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
i have a sonicare too! goot toothbrush lol my dentist hooked me up with the most recent model 6 months before it came out!

haha werd..My dentist sold my sonicares for a fraction of retail.

lastprodigy
09-29-2005, 01:06 AM
the crest spin brush is like 7 dollars

Neil4Speed
09-29-2005, 08:33 AM
I have the Oral B 3D Max Nitro Supercharged Twin-Turbo Carbon Fiber Hood with rims...

Well, no I think its just a Oral B 3D Max or something, but yeah its totally worth the $89 that I spent on it, only thing that is replacing heads costs so much

n00bit
09-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Yeah I've had a Oral B something something since it first came out. Good toothbrush and my dentist always says I have clean teeth. Good investment since I am lazy and just kinda stand there sleeping while brushing my teeth.

FiveFreshFish
09-29-2005, 08:39 AM
I have a Sonicare 7800. Better for the gums than the ones that spin.

GucciBoy
09-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I have a Sonicare 7800. Better for the gums than the ones that spin.

:werd:

Mad$ella
09-29-2005, 08:50 AM
I used to have Oral-B, but then I went back to manual becuase the heads for the electric were getting pretty costly. Since I switched I visited the dentist and the hygenist said that my teeth look very clean. Its all about HOW you brush.

GucciBoy
09-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Mad$ella
I used to have Oral-B, but then I went back to manual becuase the heads for the electric were getting pretty costly. Since I switched I visited the dentist and the hygenist said that my teeth look very clean. Its all about HOW you brush.

Manual brushing will never come close to electric. Replacing heads on electric ones are dirt cheap btw, 3 for $18 usually at any drug store and they last 2-3 months each. But everyone's different. :)

Dave P
09-29-2005, 08:58 AM
Sonicare all the way.

stevieo
09-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by GucciBoy

Manual brushing will never come close to electric. Replacing heads on electric ones are dirt cheap btw, 3 for $18 usually at any drug store and they last 2-3 months each. But everyone's different. :)

how can it not come close? if you don't brush your teeth properly might as well not do it.

rtsen
09-29-2005, 09:42 AM
a lot of people switch because they brush too hard with regular toothbrush and it's really hard on the gums.

I also like the feature on my electric toothbrush that beeps after 2 mins.

BlueFrenzy
10-05-2005, 03:14 PM
Ok ... resident dentist advice here.

Electric and manual toothbrushes can do the SAME job. Just with manual you have to be more diligent! The regular toothbrushes are NOT hard on your gums IF you use a soft bristle brush. I don't know why companies even sell stiff brushes because those are BAD BAD BAD for the gums. I use stiff brushes to clean my brake calipers :) Hmm ... reminds me, gotta wash the car.

Some people say that manual brushes are too big and the truth is, they probably have a brush that's too big for them. Ideally the brush should cover the width of 1.5 to 2 teeth.

Sonicare and 3D Excel electric brushes are both great products. With sonicare, it uses ultrasonic vibration to help disrupt plaque deposits (great between teeth) but it's still not an excuse to NOT floss.

As for the cheapo Crest Spinbrushes ... I'm not particularly crazy about those ones. It's more of a gimmick more than anything. Doesn't really increase your cleaning ability. I would only recommend it to kids IF it helps motivate them into brush. If it makes them brush then that's less cavities for me to fill.

Oh wait ... I need a new spoiler ... uhhh ... brushing is the work of the devil :devil: ... yes more cavities! Ha ha.

No seriously, please brush. :)

Rockski
10-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

I still like to break out the old manual toothbrush with super stiff bristles for a good scrubbing every now and then.

Its all about the stiff bristles:drool:

saiyajin
10-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by t-im

haha werd..My dentist sold my sonicares for a fraction of retail.

hah my orthodontist gave me a sonicare for free :D

QuasarCav
10-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin

hah my orthodontist gave me a sonicare for free :D

My orthodontist paid me $300 to use a sonicare. And he comes over twice a day to brush my teeth with it.:poosie:

saiyajin
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
hah nice :thumbsup:

1-Cent
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
For the love of god youre all a bunch of women :rofl:

"which tooth brush should i buy?"
"i have a birth mark how do i get rid of it?"
"whats a good hair salon?"
"my teeth are sensitive"
"my feetsies hurt, which insoles should i buy?"

lmao :rofl: take off your damn skirts and leave them at the door this is supposed to be a fitness forum :nut:

Tyler883
10-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

My orthodontist paid me $300 to use a sonicare. And he comes over twice a day to brush my teeth with it.:poosie: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: