PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about the Subaru Legacy?

bspot
09-29-2005, 12:21 PM
My gf is in the market for a car right now and is considering getting a Legacy. Year would probably be between '95 and '02 depending on how much she decides to spend.

Whats the good/bad/ugly on these?

Common problems?

I also noticed that very few have the hoodscoop/spoiler. Was that just certain years? Does my time period span 2 generations?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

civic_stylez
09-29-2005, 01:23 PM
we just bought a 99 legacy the other day and it is a wicked car..i dont know much about it but my first couple test drives have been awesome... i say go for it!!!!!:thumbsup:

Proyecto2000
09-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by bspot
[B

I also noticed that very few have the hoodscoop/spoiler. Was that just certain years? Does my time period span 2 generations?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: [/B]

yup u got 2 gens there. and I belive that the GT is the only 1 with the hoodscoop :dunno:

FishPoo
09-29-2005, 02:45 PM
I got a 94 Legacy..

Limited problems... right now I have an issue of vibration with the brakes.. but braking still works....

Had my car battery last 7 years??? From 97 to 2004 which I thought was pretty amazing.

Horsepower is probably limited on older models, but sufficient for driving on Deerfoot/Highway, note if I drive above 130-140 km/h, the shaking is awful, so... no fast driving for me.

Maintenance has been pretty good, and nothing out of the ordinary, so it's been pretty reliable through winters as well, and of course the AWD is wonderful.

Fuji
09-29-2005, 02:53 PM
take the car to mechanical inspection. A lot of them are great and there are also many that have problems. Try to get a compression test done too while it's there.

benyl
09-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by FishPoo
I got a 94 Legacy..

Limited problems... right now I have an issue of vibration with the brakes.. but braking still works....

Had my car battery last 7 years??? From 97 to 2004 which I thought was pretty amazing.

Horsepower is probably limited on older models, but sufficient for driving on Deerfoot/Highway, note if I drive above 130-140 km/h, the shaking is awful, so... no fast driving for me.

Maintenance has been pretty good, and nothing out of the ordinary, so it's been pretty reliable through winters as well, and of course the AWD is wonderful.

You need to do some maintenance.

1. Brakes probably need to be serviced, rotors machined or replaced.
2. You probably need to balance your tires/wheels to get rid of the shaking at high speed.

bspot
09-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the input guys, if only she could afford an '05 GT :drool:

93hustler
10-04-2005, 06:13 PM
I am in the same boat I'm lookin at a 95 legacy. I haven't had much time to research but talking to Subie owners most of the 90 and newer Subarus are pretty solid. All people I've met with Subaru's love them. Not alot of aftermarket support for the older legacy's though.

FiveFreshFish
10-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Thanks for the input guys, if only she could afford an '05 GT :drool:

A lady at work just bought an '05 GT last week. She says it's the best car she's ever owned.

The '06 models are coming in now so you should go for a drive and maybe get a good deal on an '05 on the lot.