PDA

View Full Version : Night Stalker - Discussion

treg50
09-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Did anyone catch NIGHT STALKER on ABC tonight? Pretty damned good! One of the lead characters has a hot Ford Mustang GT. The show itself is a bit X-Files-ish but is different enough that I find it pretty cool. Gabrielle Union is pretty hot in it as well.

ALIAS, Night Stalker, Lost, Invasion!!! ABC has all the good shows this time around!!

I'm looking forward to next weeks Night Stalker episode for sure!:thumbsup: :eek:

soupey
09-29-2005, 11:09 PM
alias is awesome

nightstalker looked real good too, altho some moments were kinda corny, its a good start, looks like there will finally be an x-files replacement!!! haha i really liked the first episode....

has INVASION started yet?, or is that nxt week?

BigDannyCool
09-29-2005, 11:29 PM
i stopped watching it half way through. What was the thing that was killing the women?

BigDannyCool
09-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by soupey
alias is awesome

nightstalker looked real good too, altho some moments were kinda corny, its a good start, looks like there will finally be an x-files replacement!!! haha i really liked the first episode....

has INVASION started yet?, or is that nxt week?
Invasion started last week. Yesterday was the second episode.

treg50
09-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool
i stopped watching it half way through. What was the thing that was killing the women?

It wasn't fully explained what exactly it was, but we learn that whatever it is it killed Kolchak's wife a few years earlier. The were kind of like wolves or coyotes, but they're were able to leave no blood trails or drag marks on the ground. Obviously, they were some sort of supernatural thing but we don't find out what. I thought maybe the photographer side-kick was gonna get killed for a sec, but I guess he's going to be around for a bit.

Early on I was thinking that the mystery of his wife's death is what the series will center around but it's not, he basically solves that mystery/ personal quest here in the series premiere. But we're left wondering what the weird mark on his wrist is (and other people's wrist that he's investigate in the past). It definitely has my attention since it deals with paranormal/ supernatural stuff. I hope this show develops well, I like it so far!

soupey
09-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by treg50

It wasn't fully explained what exactly it was, but we learn that whatever it is it killed Kolchak's wife a few years earlier. The were kind of like wolves or coyotes, but they're were able to leave no blood trails or drag marks on the ground. Obviously, they were some sort of supernatural thing but we don't find out what. I thought maybe the photographer side-kick was gonna get killed for a sec, but I guess he's going to be around for a bit.

Early on I was thinking that the mystery of his wife's death is what the series will center around but it's not, he basically solves that mystery/ personal quest here in the series premiere. But we're left wondering what the weird mark on his wrist is (and other people's wrist that he's investigate in the past). It definitely has my attention since it deals with paranormal/ supernatural stuff. I hope this show develops well, I like it so far!

no they never proved that it was exactly what killed his wife...if u remember the flashback it looked more like a hand that smashed thru the window...its jus following along the theme of unexplained things...

Phy
09-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Just so's you know, this is probably a rework of the original series (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071003/) from the 70's.

With all this good shit on TV, I'm not gonna be able to leave the house after work until the summer!

treg50
10-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by soupey

no they never proved that it was exactly what killed his wife...if u remember the flashback it looked more like a hand that smashed thru the window...its jus following along the theme of unexplained things...

Are you sure? In the flashback it looked to me like the same coyote-creature. It smashed head first through his windshield and that's what tore his Gumby toy in half. It looked like either a huge-clawed hand or the creature's head and teeth.

Also, at the beginning of the show the pregnant lady who was dragged into the desert and killed by these creatures had her fetus taken. Kolchak's wife also had her fetus taken the night she was killed as they drove through the desert.

You could be right though maybe it isn't case closed on those coyote things? 1st episode, could be a bit early to say for sure:angel:

soupey
10-01-2005, 03:10 PM
hmm jus downloaded the first one...heres a screenshot of whatever it was

treg50
10-21-2005, 09:16 AM
If I'd never seen the X-Files this would be an awesome show. To me, right now, it seems like I saw all these stories and mysteries explored by Mulder and Scully. Nightstalker has it's own style and the characters are basically cooler, have a cool car, and are more like real people, instead of FBI suits.

The Halloween episode next week should be pretty scary & freaky! Perfect timing and it's the perfect show!
:eek:

treg50
11-10-2005, 07:11 PM
I just found this out today, it's not new news, but it's new news to me! About Stuart Townsend, the guy who plays Kolchak in NightStalkers:

1. Stuart Townsend's girlfriend in real-life is Charlize Theron!

2. Kolchak/ Stuart Townsend was originally cast for the role of Aragorn in Lord of the Rings!

He was 'fired' by Peter Jackson because Jackson felt he was too young for the role. Peter Jackson is the man for making that call, pure genious. Jackson of course went on to cast Viggo Mortensen for the role. And Viggo ROCKED that part, he was born for it. Perfect decision by Jackson.

Talk about your highs and lows. In the year at the Grammy's where Charlize Theron won Actress of the Year, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings won a ton of Grammy awards as well. Townsend of course was Charlize's date at the Grammy's that night. He and Charlize were seated only several feet from where Peter Jackson was seated! :rofl:

He must've felt happy and like shit at the same time... ouch.

ex1z7
11-11-2005, 11:05 PM
Hahahaha. Oh. This is gold. I used to work for a telecom place where I had to take surveys, and the survey I took the last day on the job was for the Night Stalker. I was meant to hang up on this woman cus I couldn't talk to her, and ended up chatting to her about the show for half n hour.

Everyone I interviewed seemed to like it, from what I read about it (on my screen) I thought it'd be a pretty cool series. Is it turning into a season - or is it now?

Hahaha.. Memories.

... I hated that job.

soupey
11-12-2005, 12:27 AM
i think its a wicked sho so far, this weeks episode wit the biker gang needed a bit more explanations rather than jus actions, but meh, still a good show.