PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Mitsu Eclipse

zinny
09-30-2005, 12:46 AM
k well im one of the biggest eclipse fans in my entire school right now. im willing to spend about $10,000 - $11,000 give or take 1k?... i would prefer somthing that looked like this.

i mgiht consider this car :P

:Eclipse (http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=14657908&pgno=1&srt=7)

is there anyway i can get a good conition eclipse from 1994-2000 in good condition and a decent price.

ty in advance. btw... if i look like an idiot, im only 15 and i get my driver's licence in 15 days so thats y i might look "nooby":thumbsup:

googe
09-30-2005, 01:13 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Stephen81
10-17-2005, 11:41 PM
I'd try Platinum(?) Mitsubishi...the one in the NE. I've only been there once but I noticed several older Eclipses that must have been brought up from the US or traded in. Just a thought, because you don't sound like you want to purchase from a Trader site, although I've seen many previous gen Eclipses for sale on that site. Good luck:thumbsup: I'm a big fan of the older style Eclipses...try and find a GS-T one :thumbsup:

mshaw
10-17-2005, 11:43 PM
i looked into that, its gonna take quite a bit more than 10g's, i think to get a pretty good lookin, in nice shape one i was lookin at at least 14 or 15

zinny
10-20-2005, 10:06 PM
bump ...:rolleyes:

bambo
10-20-2005, 10:19 PM
you want the 10 foot drift wing on the back as well...cuz that might be hard for only 10 g's...

Fosgate R
10-21-2005, 09:50 AM
You could buy a shell and put my modded 97 turbo Eclipse engine in it!!!?

zinny
10-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by bambo
you want the 10 foot drift wing on the back as well...cuz that might be hard for only 10 g's...

nope, i want everything stock if possible. not a big deal if it isnt

Originally posted by fosgate R
You could buy a shell and put my modded 97 turbo Eclipse engine in it!!!?

maybe... but were do i get a shell :P. ill definatly check into it

3gedmonton
10-24-2005, 01:52 PM
sent you a pm

zinny
10-24-2005, 08:32 PM
bumpin it up

1boy
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
I have a 97 talon tsi awd, it has turbo, power everything, alarm and keyless entry/starter, its basically the same car.

Its automaitic though.

heres a pic...
I am asking for $10000

mr.loco
10-30-2005, 11:55 PM
look for a talon same car^^^that looks like a good deal hot wheels has one too

darkbanana
10-31-2005, 12:09 AM
don't go anyway near hotwheels...... ever

zinny
10-31-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by 1boy
I have a 97 talon tsi awd, it has turbo, power everything, alarm and keyless entry/starter, its basically the same car.

Its automaitic though.

heres a pic...
I am asking for $10000

the body of the car makes it tempting... but its just not the same as the real thing. sorry:dunno:

1boy
10-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Well if you can't find anything else in ur price range, you could always ,make the talon look like an eclipse. :dunno: i dunno, good luck with finding your car tho. :thumbsup:

maxdaddy
10-31-2005, 04:49 PM
bro a talon and the eclipse have the same bodies and engines but the tail lights have a lil difference

chris
10-31-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by zinny

the body of the car makes it tempting... but its just not the same as the real thing. sorry:dunno:
you're a tard. That's the point, it is the same car, exactly the same. If you were really an eclipse "fan" and not a ricer who saw it in fast and the furious, you would realise that dodge makes mitsubishi as well as eagle, therefore they are the same car.

kanip
10-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by chris

you're a tard. That's the point, it is the same car, exactly the same. If you were really an eclipse "fan" and not a ricer who saw it in fast and the furious, you would realise that dodge makes mitsubishi as well as eagle, therefore they are the same car.

Well, you're right that an eclipse is the same thing as a talon. I have a talon and I've put an eclipse body kit and tail lights on it and everyone mistakes it for an actual eclipse.

They are the same engine, same body, just different lower shell (front/back bumper and sideskirts).

As far as Dodge MAKING mitsubishi as well as eagle? its not like that at all, Eagle WAS a division of Dodge to distribute Mitsubishi motors in Canada, cause there were no Mitsu dealerships in canada up till like.. 2000 I think??

Anyway, thats the whole DSM thing, Eclipses, Talons, and even the old generation Lasers are all the same thing. Just a different badge.

Anyway man, as far as 10 grand for an eclipse? Good luck finding it, it might be hard but it would be worth it, but definately check out the Talons cause you could just swap an eclipse bumper and tail end on and its all the same. Plus for the price of an Eagle you could probably get the TSI AWD (Turbo all wheel drive) for the same price you would pay for the N/A FWD eclipse...

just a thought..... :burnout:

ehos
10-31-2005, 09:56 PM
Pontiac Vibes are the SAME exact thing as Toyota Matrix's, yet the Matrix outsells the Vibe and has a higher resale.

If you want an Eclipse, buy an Eclipse. They have to be imported in, and they are much more rare than Talons.

Talons are cheap for a reason, supply and demand. Too many Talons, not enough demand for them.

heavyD
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ehos
Pontiac Vibes are the SAME exact thing as Toyota Matrix's, yet the Matrix outsells the Vibe and has a higher resale.

If you want an Eclipse, buy an Eclipse. They have to be imported in, and they are much more rare than Talons.

Talons are cheap for a reason, supply and demand. Too many Talons, not enough demand for them.

Just curious but why is it that you post in marketplace ads for Eclipses all the time? You had no interest in my Eclipse yet asked for the VIN number in hopes that it wasn't legal so you could hijack my thread. You have also done the same in other Eclipse for sale threads.

zinny
11-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by chris

2 words.... F*ck u

i want an eclipse. i dont plan of ricen it out. stfu if u dont know sh*t. i thought about a talon. i dont like the idea just because they jsut arnt the same. pepsi and coke are exactly the same yet people have preferences. thats what i am. dont tell me shit about me seein an eclipse on 2f2f cuz thats not the reason why im buying one. and btw i know i wont get 1 for under 10,000. i was just checking 2 see what is out there. im looking for one at 13,000-14,000. but i cant buy it right now because of my new job. so who ever else thinks im a fu*king idiot, go kill ur self. i know im gunna get flamed but w.e

Shanks
11-03-2005, 11:45 AM
If your gonna spend all that money on an FWD non turbo car dont get an Eclipse :thumbsup: Grab a GS-R or somthing. Other wise look for a GS-T at the very least.

3g4me
11-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by zinny

2 words.... F*ck u

i want an eclipse. i dont plan of ricen it out. stfu if u dont know sh*t. i thought about a talon. i dont like the idea just because they jsut arnt the same. pepsi and coke are exactly the same yet people have preferences. thats what i am. dont tell me shit about me seein an eclipse on 2f2f cuz thats not the reason why im buying one. and btw i know i wont get 1 for under 10,000. i was just checking 2 see what is out there. im looking for one at 13,000-14,000. but i cant buy it right now because of my new job. so who ever else thinks im a fu*king idiot, go kill ur self. i know im gunna get flamed but w.e

With your attitude you should get a neon or something, then in like 3-5 years when you hit puberty you can upgrade to an eclipse, we dont need people like you tarnishing the eclipse name. IMO.

Anton
11-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Well first off, don't get all fired up about nothing. Everyone gets flamed. You don't have to rant at someone using a whole lot of swears and think you've proved a point. Just makes the other guy happy cause he got you all fired up and acting stupid. Next time just say "Thanks for input but its my car and doesn't matter the reason why I want it" or something :thumbsup:

But it is probably better to buy a Talon since it is the same car. Even if you make it look exactly like a Eclipse with a kit and some taillights, most people won't know the difference. Plus in the end, it will be cheaper.

OR

Just import one from USA. There are a lot less rare there so you will find one no problem and if you shop around then you can find a good deal. Good luck with car shopping.

heavyD
11-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Yes Talons & Eclipses are the same cars but a real Eclipse will have a better resale value over a converted Talon to Eclipse. That's just the way it is. Outside of the front/rear end , spoiler, side skirt, & fog light differences, Eclipses came with a much nicer 2-Tone grey interior compared to the Talon's monochrome grey interior.

When see that USDM Civic with type R emblems drive past you know it isn't the real thing. Same thing with a converted Talon to Eclipse. If you are in Canada and just want a DSM, get a Talon. If you want an Eclipse, get real Eclipse. That's just my opinion.

asianflip16
11-30-2005, 08:15 PM
hey mai friend is selling his eclips
tell me if ur inbterested

asianflip16
11-30-2005, 08:17 PM
oh yeah its an 98