PDA

View Full Version : Do People in Calgary not understand how not to drive without Using their Highbeams?

bennyhanna
09-30-2005, 07:53 AM
Lastnight I was out, driving back and forth between Airdrie, and I counted at least 8-10 cars driving with their highbeams on??????? Between 8-10pm
WTF????

They were on Country Hills and the Deerfoot, so its not like they were driving down some dark country road!!!

Are they that obilivious to the fact "hey I can see my headlights on that stop light?"

Its either that or their H/L's are so misaligned.

And to top it off, whats even worse.....are ricers and their DAMN HID lights in Non HID Headlights!:banghead:

Some damn ricer followed me lastnight, who decided...."hey my car will look great with HIDS" Hey Buddy,
1)Your car was never designed for them
2)Your Blinding every fucking body on the road
3)When I was point to my sunvisor, I was showing you how bad your "GLARE" was.
4)Get off the fucking road

infected
09-30-2005, 07:59 AM
Lots of people have HiD's... no need to hate :D

FiveFreshFish
09-30-2005, 08:12 AM
Just blast them back with your high beams.

A special big FUCK YOU goes out to the idiots who drive with their fogs on when it's NOT FOGGY, have only one headlight, or drive at night with DRLs.

Kaos
09-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

A special big FUCK YOU goes out to the idiots who drive with their fogs on when it's NOT FOGGY, have only one headlight, or drive at night with DRLs.

Ya CivicDXR!:rofl:

GoChris
09-30-2005, 09:45 AM

guess what buddy, some cars use fog lights as the day time running lights... from the factory. :drama:

Team_Mclaren
09-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by bennyhanna
Lastnight I was out, driving back and forth between Airdrie, and I counted at least 8-10 cars driving with their highbeams on??????? Between 8-10pm
WTF????

damn Skyline_addict:rofl: :rofl:

sputnik
09-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by infected

HIDs arent supposed to blind oncoming traffic. If you have HIDs and you are constantly getting "flashed" by people that think you have your highbeams on... get the aligned properly.

Crappy Do-It-Yourself HID installs = :thumbsdow

euro tang
09-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by GoChris

guess what buddy, some cars use fog lights as the day time running lights... from the factory. :drama:

:werd: My car does that.

Xtrema
09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Shoot them back with these:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/

DannyO
09-30-2005, 10:10 AM
I drive round in some places with my highbeams on, but only when theres no one infront of me, thats because my headlights in general are SHIT, I can't see fuck all with my regular lights, sometimes passengers ask me why I don't turn them on, BUT THEY ARE ON, so I will be buying HIDs eventually, not to look cool or any of that shit, but just cos I like to see where I'm driving.

bennyhanna
09-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by infected

I dont hate on people who have OEM HID's

snowboard
09-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Yah yesterday this sick murcialago(sp) or gallardo drop top with a huge wing shined its HID right in my face. but i didnt mind. cause the car was amaze. i was too busy laughing at the mustang trying to race him to catch a good look.

FiveFreshFish
09-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by GoChris

Yes, of course but DRLs/fogs should NOT be used at night when there's no fog. When you flip on your low beams, the DRL/fogs go OFF, just as the factory intended. It's the idiots that have them on with their headlights at night in perfect weather that irk me.

Fog lights add glare to oncoming traffic and there's simply no need to have them on. Does it make you more visible? Perhaps, but everyone can see you fine with just your low beams on.

I don't have a problem with fogs as DRLs. They are Daytime Running Lights, not Nighttime Running Lights.

Chester
09-30-2005, 10:42 AM
I hate all the RSX's with hids, they are blinding. Halogen headlamps aren't meant for HID's.

snowboard
09-30-2005, 10:43 AM

Yes, of course but DRLs/fogs should NOT be used at night when there's no fog. When you flip on your low beams, the DRL/fogs go OFF, just as the factory intended. It's the idiots that have them on with their headlights at night in perfect weather that irk me.

Fog lights add glare to oncoming traffic and there's simply no need to have them on. Does it make you more visible? Perhaps, but everyone can see you fine with just your low beams on.

I don't have a problem with fogs as DRLs. They are Daytime Running Lights, not Nighttime Running Lights.

Whats the big problem with fogs? they shine super low, why does it bother you?i think fog lights make cars look nice at night. i dont know why just do. i dont have any though haha.

illeagle
09-30-2005, 10:45 AM

A special big FUCK YOU goes out to the idiots who drive with their fogs on when it's NOT FOGGY, or drive at night with DRLs.

hehe... that's me..... ok, maybe not all the time.. i have HID's too lol

FiveFreshFish
09-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by snowboard
Whats the big problem with fogs? they shine super low, why does it bother you?i think fog lights make cars look nice at night. i dont know why just do. i dont have any though haha.

Most fogs don't have nearly as good a cutoff as the low beams, if there's any cutoff at all. Without a good cutoff, there's excessive glare even though most of the light goes low. Doesn't take much glare to be annoying.

Two of my cars have factory fogs and I know they produce enough glare that I won't use them unless it's foggy.

Some of the newer cars have projector fogs. Those are pretty good and they give me no problem. :)

rc2002
09-30-2005, 11:01 AM
When I wasn't at stock ride height, it used to seem like everyone had high beams on. It's gotten noticeably better now that I'm not lowered...

I like driving around with foglights just for aesthetics. Might as well use 'em if you have 'em right? Calgary hardly ever gets fog so you'd only be using once in a blue moon if you only use them in foggy conditions

l8braker
09-30-2005, 11:01 AM
i have my fogs on everytime i drive, they're aimed low but i could really care less if it hits anyone driving. high beaming SUCKS!!! i always beam them back with my silv's at close range.

Raz
09-30-2005, 11:23 AM
what I hate are the newer trucks/suv's that when they are right behind you have their headlights at my eyelevel - SO annoying.

You sit there at a red light and all of the sudden you are fucking blind because some fuckface in his escalade pulled up GARR:thumbsdow

finboy
09-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Raz
what I hate are the newer trucks/suv's that when they are right behind you have their headlights at my eyelevel - SO annoying.

You sit there at a red light and all of the sudden you are fucking blind because some fuckface in his escalade pulled up GARR:thumbsdow

by far the most annoying, someone in oncomming traffic with highbeams, you only see them for a second, but having a truck follow you around is a fucking nightmare

KLCC
09-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Another thing I hate while I was in calgary was to have a truck or SUV behind me at middle of the night, since I drive a car thats has much lower ground clearance than SUV and truck, those headlights usually blinds me pretty well through rear and side mirror.......and that sux nuts, when you try to lane change and not able to see the rear at all....

GTS Jeff
09-30-2005, 11:44 AM
I don't mind when people have their brights on, despite the fact that I'm already sitting really low and at eyelevel with their headlights. Why?

Cuz Hella e-code housings, relayed headlights powered directly by the battery, switched so that the lowbeams stay on with the highbeams, along with Silverstar bulbs, make for a DAMN good highbeam. Next up, 80/100w bulbs. :D

Raz
09-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by KLCC
Another thing I hate while I was in calgary was to have a truck or SUV behind me at middle of the night, since I drive a car thats has much lower ground clearance than SUV and truck, those headlights usually blinds me pretty well through rear and side mirror.......and that sux nuts, when you try to lane change and not able to see the rear at all....

I think I just said that ;) :repost:

QuasarCav
09-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I don't mind when people have their brights on, despite the fact that I'm already sitting really low and at eyelevel with their headlights. Why?

Cuz Hella e-code housings, relayed headlights powered directly by the battery, switched so that the lowbeams stay on with the highbeams, along with Silverstar bulbs, make for a DAMN good highbeam. Next up, 80/100w bulbs. :D

:werd:

High beams, low beams and fogs all at the same time, the other driver doesn't know what to think.

Next up, flood lighting.

Raz
09-30-2005, 11:51 AM
hehe, I had 8 lights on the front of my Tercel, plus an airhorn :D

it was my kind way of saying "FU!" back to people who had highbeams on ;)

88CRX
09-30-2005, 12:56 PM
my lights arent that bright :rofl:

3G
09-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Raz

Originally posted by finboy

by far the most annoying, someone in oncomming traffic with highbeams, you only see them for a second, but having a truck follow you around is a fucking nightmare

:werds:

Orbie
09-30-2005, 01:41 PM
I used to really hate those SUV's that ride your tail as well because with anything but DRL's you are blind, high/low whatever! My new car has an auto dimming rear view mirror now though and the difference is amazing! but I don't have auto dimming side view mirrors so the minute I look there I'm blind again! oh well...can't win them all!

Anyways what bugs me more then running highbeams, is people that always run their lowbeams during the day! The most annoying being people with HID's or wannabe HID's. It could be high noon but buddy thinks his car looks awesome and will get more looks with the damn fake blue lights so why not turn them on! It's really just a pet peeve, it really doesn't hurt anyone, just some people bug me with their overwhelming need for attention. I've been told that it can be good for insurance purposes however if you were to get hit, since you can say I made myself as visible as possible. :dunno:

finboy
09-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Raz
hehe, I had 8 lights on the front of my Tercel, plus an airhorn :D

it was my kind way of saying "FU!" back to people who had highbeams on ;)

do you go to MRC?

i always see a tercel there with 4 fog lights on the bumper

Raz
09-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Nope, went to U of C for a while, my tercel only lived 8 months :) and was ALWAYS in 4wd mode for the drifting ness ;) That thing saw 8000+ revs several times and never died, finally the transmission gave up and stuck me in 2nd gear, I drove it like that for a few weeks :D

I should get another Tercel Wagon 4wd :)

with oil and rope it did a
:burnout: :burnout:
:burnout: :burnout:

Rofl

- Rasmus

Sky
09-30-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't really care what people use for their head lights.....oem HIDs, aftermarket HIDs, halogen, ricer bulbs... if they are not properly aligned then there is a problem. "

People shouldn't install aftermarket HIDs on non-projector halogen housings...there is no cut-off and will produce MASSIVE glare. If they REALLLY have to do it then they must ATLEAST aim it lower..

Lucky I got projector head lights from factory, so there is some sort of cut-off. Right after I installed aftermarket HIDs...the aiming was SUPER high...I had to aim lower quite abit and it was fine. "Anyone installing aftermarket HIDs to their NON-OEM HID Housing MUST adjust their aiming..."

Even if there is no fog, fog lights are awesome looking(people may not like it but atleast it won't come CLOSE to the super bright HID in halogen headlight housings or anything that is aiming too high...

kiwi
09-30-2005, 08:37 PM
kudos to auto-dimming mirrors! :angel:

bennyhanna
09-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Sky
I don't really care what people use for their head lights.....oem HIDs, aftermarket HIDs, halogen, ricer bulbs... if they are not properly aligned then there is a problem. "

People shouldn't install aftermarket HIDs on non-projector halogen housings...there is no cut-off and will produce MASSIVE glare. If they REALLLY have to do it then they must ATLEAST aim it lower..

Lucky I got projector head lights from factory, so there is some sort of cut-off. Right after I installed aftermarket HIDs...the aiming was SUPER high...I had to aim lower quite abit and it was fine. "Anyone installing aftermarket HIDs to their NON-OEM HID Housing MUST adjust their aiming..."

See thats part of the issue

People Who DO put HIDS in their NA Reflector HL's Cannot Aim their HL's Properly....Even if they aim them to the ground there WILL ALWAYS BE glare

Im sure youve read this site
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/car-tested-retro.htm

Looks like MX-5's are the ONLY acceptable NON-OEM car to accept HIDS

As for the Car that was following me
Take a look at the celica picture

GTS Jeff
10-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by bennyhanna

See thats part of the issue

People Who DO put HIDS in their NA Reflector HL's Cannot Aim their HL's Properly....Even if they aim them to the ground there WILL ALWAYS BE glare

Im sure youve read this site
http://faqlight.carpassion.info/car-tested-retro.htm

Looks like MX-5's are the ONLY acceptable NON-OEM car to accept HIDS

As for the Car that was following me
Take a look at the celica picture It IS possible for reflector housings to have a nice cutoff, it's just damn DOT specs. that force manufacturers to make crappy beam patterns. If you buy any e-code halogen reflector housings, you will get a super sharp cutoff.

bennyhanna
10-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Hella E-codes with Hids
http://static.flickr.com/31/42496799_c94c65b4bb.jpg
I see glare

Hella E-code(left) vs Inpro Projectors (right)
With 4300K HIDS
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/236/evsin7yu.jpg

Beam pattern
Ecode (right) Inpro (right)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2011/inpro2cx.jpg

Same as above
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7889/inpro15gs.jpg

And the best comparison
head on E-code left North American right
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/888/34246723232fp47ot233326xroqdf2.jpg

View here for the oring post
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1822502

bennyhanna
10-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Heres a pic of a celica
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3954/2000celicaonthewallhidretroed6.jpg

we all know we need to light up the top of roofs:rolleyes:

dkny_stylez
10-01-2005, 05:48 PM

lmao, most fogs don't really serve that purpose. They are more for looks.

carzcraz
10-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by dkny_stylez

lmao, most fogs don't really serve that purpose. They are more for looks.

Agreed. And with my CL-S road/fog lamps, you're not given an option to turn them off when I have my HID's on.

That's why I recently replaced the bulbs with some Super White PIAA HID look bulbs to match my headlights lol.

Acura HID's in my opinion aren't as bright as ones you'd find on a BMW, but my auto dimming mirrors definitely help with any glare.

Second picture from the top...not my car (same body color) though but you get the idea.

http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172868&highlight=piaa

:thumbsup: