PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

mdeleon
09-30-2005, 08:14 PM
hey, guys, a buddy of mine is looking around for a car, and we would like some help with a couple of things:

1. Does anyone have a carfax account to look up a VIN?

2. Where are some trustworthy mechanics in town to get the car mechanically checked?

All help is appreciated, and I will PM the VIN to whoever can help. As for mechanic shops and such, as much info about it would be great (price to get a car checked out, location, length of time it takes to get it checked, hours of operation, appt or walk-ins, contact info).

thanks in advance guys,
marco

mdeleon
10-01-2005, 08:18 PM
no one??? wack

EK 2.0
10-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by mdeleon
no one??? wack

No Marco, you're wack...

All-Makes Auto...they are located in the N.E. across from the McCall Lake Golf Course. Great shop...honest guys...and resonably priced. You would probably have to make an appt but they are great to deal with nonetheless...I used to work there so can attest to the level of workmanship they hold.

All-Makes...291-2291

carzcraz
10-02-2005, 12:00 PM
If it is at all possible, I would consider taking the car for a 150pt inspection and compression test at the dealership.

I had previously done so with my CRX before purchasing the car and it only costed $98.00, tax included.

As for Carfax, I wouldn't rely on it too heavily, unless the car was originally purchased from the U.S.

mdeleon
10-02-2005, 02:19 PM
thanks guys, great help, i'll be sure to check out both and see which would be the better choice, price isn't an issue since the seller is willing to pay to get it mechanically checked, but i just want the most honest results, nothing like, "this needs to be replaced soon, we can do it for you for..." when it's still actually good.

thanks again guys, and i take back the whole "wackness" comment arif...and yes, im wack...

wackin my nanai...haha jk:rofl: :poosie: