PDA

View Full Version : delta car alarm and auto starter

sharstar
10-01-2005, 01:48 PM
I had a car starter and alarm system installed at quinn security in edmonton. Since then the remote has broken twice in just a few months. Quinn has shut down and the store in calgary is jacking me around and keeps putting the price up for a new remote. I'm so pissed at them i dont want to buy a new remote from them but i cant find the system anywhere else. I have the delta RR4 remote i believe. I want to find a new one in edmonton, does anybody know where i can get one or perhaps a universal system?? Or what i should do?@#@$!

Weapon_R
10-01-2005, 02:30 PM
First, do a search on Quinn security here. Make sure you set it so it searches for threads of the past, not just 3 months back.

Then, do yourself a favor and buy a new alarm. If I were you, I wouldn't give Quinn a penny.

Goblin
10-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I have heard many many bad things about quinn..

At the car show they have a contest, where you win a free alarm and only pay the install... The problem is, my friend recieved 3rd place, nothing bad there...

but so did my brother :dunno:

Its just a ploy for everyone to get a "free alarm". I have heard lots of bad things, just search around. They know where you live, know your alarm, horror stories of them stealing stuff... :dunno:

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
10-01-2005, 10:04 PM
I can get you a remote pretty cheap.... pm me for details:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
10-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Goblin

Its just a ploy for everyone to get a "free alarm". I have heard lots of bad things, just search around. They know where you live, know your alarm, horror stories of them stealing stuff... :dunno:

Everyone wins. That should be your first problem. But once you go inside, you end up spending 4x as much on the alarm. They try and sell you EVERYTHING. Need an LED? Add 30 dollars. Need a 2nd remote? Add XXX amount. etc etc

Strugari
10-01-2005, 11:10 PM
If you have the FCC ID number off the back of the remote, you can prbably get one from Auto techs.

http://www.autotechs.com/items/item558.htm

:thumbsup:

aznflip
10-01-2005, 11:15 PM

At the car show they have a contest, where you win a free alarm and only pay the install... The problem is, my friend recieved 3rd place, nothing bad there...

but so did my brother

Its just a ploy for everyone to get a "free alarm". I have heard lots of bad things, just search around. They know where you live, know your alarm, horror stories of them stealing stuff...

i won the third place free alarm too
they better not steal shit from my car:banghead:

Foz
11-12-2005, 11:42 AM
I've got the same problems.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108520

gbc
11-18-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Goblin

but so did my brother :dunno:

I just recently had a remote starter installed by Quinn. Big Mistake. I was told after they had it all apart that I now needed a new alarm as they could not intergrate the starter with the factory alarm. I fell for it and had them install it. This week I have had a Sirrus reciever installed by the people at Audio Concepts (Awesome people. Highly recommend them, very professional and helpfull .http://www.audioconceptsmobile.com/ this is the shop to deal with.
It was them who alerted me to the shoddy instal and lack of led light, motion sensor and siren . When I left Quinn back when the install was done I asked him about these items and he said they were all extras amounting to a few hundred dollars on top of the $500 bill.
Now with reading about the horror stories of them stealing with access to your alarm code and having your address I am reluctant to rock the boat.
..........not sure what to do.

DR.Gonzo
11-19-2005, 11:36 PM
seriously dude, I live in Drayton valley a town of 6000 people and the # of screwed up installsfrom Quinn that I have to either fix or more often than not remove and install something proper is just unreal. If I were you , I would likely cut my losses and go to a reputable shop and get looked after properly. Just my opinion though. Go check out my buddies shop in Edmonton he does excellent work, and will stand behind all of it. Its Powersource Performance, talk to Ken , hes on the west end of Edmonton.

mo_money2supe
11-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Ah yes, stupid ol' Quinn Security. They charged me a total of $450 for their FREE alarm (yeah, I got suckered into that some 6 or 7 years ago before I heard anything about their scams), and a set of power door locks installed. Well, it turns out that everything was of the worst quality, and I found out that I can buy and get them installed at other places for almost half the price!

If you're willing to drive down to Calgary, or at least get the remote shipped, take Derdall Design's offer for getting you the remote. I can vouch for them, and I'm sure majority of the members of beyond can also. Great people, great prices, and just overall great company to deal with.