PDA

View Full Version : Driving = Scary

Ted Willis
10-02-2005, 09:27 AM
I park in the back of my apartment building, and i have to turn out right onto fourth street to get to where i need to go, there is a little strip a couple metres to my right where theres a great canadian bagel and a post office, there was a lady who was wanting to pull out there but turn left, obviously i went first because she was turning across traffic, and it seemed all was well because since she was an older female i was making sure she wasnt moving when i turned right, but of course, out of nowhere the bitch drives right at me, so using my catlike reflexes a swirved my ass into on coming traffic and swirved back into the lane without being touched, swear to god if i had gone straight she would have t -boned me into uncoming and ide be history..

... after something like this how do you renew your faith in the other drivers on the road, i was pretty shaken and i dont know if i will be able to drive without being totally terrified of another incident like this..

any advice or comments?

Supa Dexta
10-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Gotta get over it really, can't be scared your whole life... Shit happens all the time, be thankful you didn't get hurt, go back out and go about your business as always...

:thumbsup:

I spose' there is a little test for this type of thing:

unzip jeans, reach in, check for balls, if there> proceed to drive again.... If your search turns up nothing, well hey, you can likely run around town faster and further since they won't get in your way!

:rofl:

Sharpie
10-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ted Willis

... after something like this how do you renew your faith in the other drivers on the road, i was pretty shaken and i dont know if i will be able to drive without being totally terrified of another incident like this..

any advice or comments?

Well I usually go into deap depression for a while. Some times I dont eat.

Kona9
10-02-2005, 11:25 AM
you live in calgary...get used to it!!

FiveFreshFish
10-02-2005, 11:26 AM
What doesn't kill you will (or should) make you stronger.

racin_jayson
10-02-2005, 11:45 AM
i got sideswiped out of the blue by a redneck in a ford who is too cool to look before changing lanes last year, i'm still paranoid of it happening again, you just have to be a SUPER defensive driver in city traffic, or be the opposite, an obnoxious agressive asshole on wheels then you will make everyone scared of you.:thumbsup:

lastprodigy
10-03-2005, 02:05 AM
gotta get over and used to the close calls, they will infact probably make you a better and more alert driver inthe end!:thumbsup:

/////AMG
10-03-2005, 03:54 AM
In Calgary, you ALWAYS get close calls. Just be aware.

DonJuan
10-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Indeed, just get used to it, expect everyone around you is a complete moron behind the wheel and you'll make it home alive.

Euro_Trash
10-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Drive in Edmonton for a while, then the drivers in Calgary will look reeeeally good

DelSoln
10-03-2005, 11:42 AM
^No doubt. Just increase your following distance and drive defensively. What else can you do. Bad drivers exist. You just have to accept it.

Rockski
10-03-2005, 11:56 AM
except in edmonton theres no such thing as following distance, you try for a safe distance, AND SOMEBODY CUTS IN... that whole 3 second following distance in the learners manual doesnt appy here

Speed_69
10-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
In Calgary, you ALWAYS get close calls. Just be aware.
:werd: shiet happens to me driving on the road EVERYDAY!!! just like what happened to you. get over it!

infected
10-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Calgary's roads are pretty good IMO, you've obviously never been down to the east coast or over to Asia. Grow some balls and get over it, I've been in a couple car accidents and you don't see me posting about how I hide in the corner of my room.

Supa Dexta
10-03-2005, 08:04 PM
HA! where on the "east coast" is this crazy traffic...? Of canada? :confused:

illeagle
10-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
HA! where on the "east coast" is this crazy traffic...? Of canada? :confused:

there is none.... they all moved west

Chiggles
10-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Drive in Edmonton for a while, then the drivers in Calgary will look reeeeally good

:werd:

Originally posted by Rockski
except in edmonton theres no such thing as following distance, you try for a safe distance, AND SOMEBODY CUTS IN... that whole 3 second following distance in the learners manual doesnt appy here

:werd: :werd: :werd: Up here, especially in winter when all you're trying to do is avoid rock chipping and some other asshole decides to cut in front of you and does the pepper sprinkling themselves. :guns: :banghead:

GTS Jeff
10-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Chiggles

:werd:

:werd: :werd: :werd: Up here, especially in winter when all you're trying to do is avoid rock chipping and some other asshole decides to cut in front of you and does the pepper sprinkling themselves. :guns: :banghead: Haha that's when you manuever yourself in front of them at the next set of lights. Then RWD+LSD to pay them back with a nice burnout rock shower.

tapout
10-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Drive in Edmonton for a while, then the drivers in Calgary will look reeeeally good :rofl:

QuasarCav
10-04-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm finding the driving to be easier in Edmonton, I'm close to downtown and I would rather drive from Jasper and 110 to where I am now than drive from Heritage to Mcknight.

There is quite alot of rice here though, every one has altezzas.

GTS Jeff
10-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I'm finding the driving to be easier in Edmonton, I'm close to downtown and I would rather drive from Jasper and 110 to where I am now than drive from Heritage to Mcknight.

There is quite alot of rice here though, every one has altezzas. Bah, if you can put up with people driving 10 under the limit and obliviously turning into you, then yes, Edmonton is great.

I've lost count of how many times I've nearly died on the hard streets of Edmonton.

QuasarCav
10-04-2005, 04:09 PM
I just posted before I left work and on the way home some crazy guy in an Escalade turned right into me, thank god for good brakes.

:hijack:

GTS Jeff
10-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I just posted before I left work and on the way home some crazy guy in an Escalade turned right into me, thank god for good brakes.

:hijack: haha you live in Edmonton now?

-KiTtY- boo
10-11-2005, 12:36 AM
ull be ok... downtown is great for that stuff, i dont know how many times some stupid moron decides he wants to pull out in fornt of me last min, eventho the lane hes suposed to pull in to is empty.
the same sort of thing happend to my bf. when takin my car up to autodream one day, he was turning onto the street behind millennium park and was maybe goin a good 40km/h, and this older lady was at the stop sign stoped. and juss before my bf reaches the block shes on, she decides to pull out right in front of him. poor guy slams on the breaks and the hole back end starts fish tailing.... she definatly saw him cause the hole time she was just stairing at him:banghead:
ppl these days... ull be ok.. dont worry.. its calgary