PDA

View Full Version : A question for the diesel guys

Zero102
10-02-2005, 03:45 PM
I'm wondering where all of you diesel guys go for fuel. I've noticed that the prices vary widely across the city, some places it's more expensive than gas, others it's 2 or 3 cents cheaper, some it's 10. I just got an 05 golf TDI, so I never noticed this before. Who has the biggest price drop, and where do you guys go for diesel?

forkdork
10-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Walmart in the Shawnessy, Gas King on Bannister Rd are the only places I fill up. There is a huge difference in price around the city, these places usually are pretty cheap. Go price shopping one day to all the stations near your home/work or whatever :)

www.tdiclub.com
www.newveedub.com

Redlyne_mr2
10-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Wow..the gas prices must have really pissed you off. Congrats on the car man. So the 944 is parked until further notice?

Zero102
10-03-2005, 08:11 AM
I got screwed, lol.

I had to make a big road trip last night, and had to stop at the petro-can just off blackfoot and 15th street since the light had been on for quite a while... stupid diesel was more than gas there :(
I started this thread to avoid this happening, but I thought I would have a day or two before I had to fill up.

forkdork, I go by those areas once in a while. I might stop and fill up whenever I'm down there :)

Redlyne_mr2. Yep, 951 is better than parked, it's in pieces! I found the oil burning problem, upside-down rings on #4. I have the engine hanging from the rafters in Kate's dad's garage, since it's still half-in the car, the whole top end is off, and the oil pan is off. What an ugly job.
I bought the TDI because my 951 was in pieces, so I was working out what to do for the winter, and when I crunched the numbers, it's actually cheaper to buy an 05 golf than to buy a beater.