PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Xenon's?

adidas
10-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I need your help guys. I bought cheap silverstars from Canadian tire but they arent what im lookin for. I want somethin that shines blue...do you know of a place that would sell them? I am not lookin for a HiD kit either!

thanks

dj_rice
10-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Alarmtec has bulbs that ur looking for, or Mopac has a few ricer bulbs

dave101
10-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Ebay. I just got some 9006k or whatever xenons for my car and I like them. They were only like 10 bucks with shipping. They're not super bright or anything, they're a hyper white color and they seem to have a bigger light span

likwid
10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
stay away from EuroDezigns bulbs on ebay

rc2002
10-02-2005, 07:23 PM
cheap silverstars? Is that even possible? Silverstars are usually pricey. But you should try some MTEC ones that Custom Auto just got in.

luderollup
10-02-2005, 07:32 PM
most shops will have them... they arent true Xenons though either.. they are just bulbs that shine with a little higher Kelvin than stock halogens. either that or they put a blue coating over the bulb to give u the look u want.. u can still tell they arent hids though

hockeybronx
10-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by adidas
I need your help guys. I bought cheap silverstars from Canadian tire but they arent what im lookin for. I want somethin that shines blue...do you know of a place that would sell them? I am not lookin for a HiD kit either!

thanks

Well since you already went to Canadian Tire, they have some other ones called Cool Blue which have the blueish tinge to them, but according to some reviews they are pretty cheaply made.

For further information here is a thread where I asked the same question:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78315&highlight=Xenon

adidas
10-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the response guys, i guess i will check out some stores that you have suggested and give them a try!

GTS Jeff
10-03-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by adidas

thanks Silverstars are basically the best xenon-filled halogen bulb you can buy. If you want something more blue, then look for any ricer-bulb with a blue coating on the bulb. More blue = less visibility = more retarded though.

GTS Jeff
10-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Well since you already went to Canadian Tire, they have some other ones called Cool Blue which have the blueish tinge to them, but according to some reviews they are pretty cheaply made.

For further information here is a thread where I asked the same question:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78315&highlight=Xenon Coolblues are made just as well as any other bulb, but are actually more yellow than Silverstars.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/Products/ProductComparison/default.htm

The only inaccuracy on that website is that the XtraVisions are actually brighter than the Silverstars, because they lack the amethyst coating.

lastprodigy
10-03-2005, 02:02 AM
i hear silverstars are good....my eurolites have lasted for ever though so i havent yet been able to try somehting else

93hustler
10-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I have silverstars in my Element and Eurolites in my Nissan truck. The Sylvanias Silverstars are brighter but more expensive. Neither have a blue colour to them.

Ben
10-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Silverstars or True Hids (if you have proper housings)

Dont get those welfare 20 dollar/pr blue ones. they put out hardly any light, look absolutly terrible, and single you out from the crowd by police.

Plus when you have the blue bulbs, it is immediatly noted that you DONT have hids, and just want the hid look = greater chastising.

adidas
10-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Is there any way u can spray some color on them to make em look blue or am i just being 2 cheap and not buyin the true HID's ahah

Chester
10-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Silverstars or True Hids!

:werd:
The blue bulbs hurt your eyes after awhile when your driving at night; thats just my experiance from sitting in a passenger seat in a car with blue bulbs

kenny
10-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Silverstars and XtraVision bulbs are both good, I had a tough time deciding which ones to go with but decided I wanted to be a ricer and get some whiter light and went with the silverstars for high beam.

Thinking of getting an hid kit for the high beams since I just want bright bright high beams for highway driving (glare isn't an issue).

XtraVisions are great for the price, I highly recommend those. If you want to look pretty too then throw in a set of Silverstars.

CRXguy
10-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Are the XtraVisions available locally because I don't remember seeing them. I want my high beams to look pretty like my HID's. :D:rofl: