PDA

View Full Version : Jin, the asian rapper.

Zephyr
02-11-2003, 07:56 PM
anyone hear any of his songs? hes pretty good i think, and i saw him on BET a few times, hes the champion freestyler, no one can beat him... kinda sad, on a black entertainment channel and the one dominating them is a chinese guy. pretty cool to see more asians comming up...

if u dunno who is he : http://www.holla-front.com

hes also in 2 fast 2 furious... (argh)

http://www.aintnothin.com/pics/untitled.jpg

asian guy in the front.. pretty good rapper i think.. for asian..

cocoabrova
02-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Jin's the man....His rhymes flow good:werd::thumbsup:

Zephyr
02-11-2003, 07:59 PM
they way he flows is sweet in the freestyle battles

D'z Nutz
02-11-2003, 08:04 PM
No kidding, the guy's amazing. Kinda shitty it got signed with Ruff Ryder's though, but atleast he made it. :thumbsup:

RSeXy
02-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Jin rocks! ...i agree about the Ruff Ryders though!

but that guy has some serious talent! i'm glad he's there to represent the asian "rapper" community! props!

Zephyr
02-11-2003, 08:12 PM
his cd comming out sometime this year... o well at least he got a deal which is cool. gotta start somewhere... cant wait to buy it or bootleg it :rofl:

sexualbanana
02-11-2003, 08:17 PM
i think his major problem is that he sounds WAY too much like eminem. it's not his fault, but that's what he's gonna be labelled as.

max_boost
02-11-2003, 08:17 PM
He sounds like Eminem.....it's true!

Hakkola
02-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Actually Eminem sounds like Tone Def, not really the voice but the style.
listen to Krs-one ft Tone Def - clear em out
It rips on the commercial sell-outs.

Jin looks like a fag, just because you rap doens't mean you gotta dress like a bitch in all baby blue, he looks like a smurf.

D'z Nutz
02-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by RSeXy
i'm glad he's there to represent the asian "rapper" community! props!

He's not the only asian rapper out there... probably just the only one that's recognized by the mainstream. There's a few out there. The only ones I can think of at the moment is the Mountain Brothers and Nish Rawks (who's also Canadian). Foxy Brown is supposed to be like half filipino (if you can consider her a rapper :rolleyes: ). Plenty of asian DJ's out there though...

Si_FlyGuy
02-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Jin's studio tracks are horrible. He's strictly a freestyle rapper...

Hakkola
02-11-2003, 08:35 PM
Chino XL is probably the best known asian rapper.

I think for the most parts Rappers are over rated, the people who make the beats don't get enough credit, people like missy elliot and clipse and I could name dozens more only sell cds because of beats, they're terrible lyricists.

D'z Nutz
02-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Chino XL is probably the best known asian rapper.

Since when did Chino become asian?

lammer
02-11-2003, 09:05 PM
don't forget the guy that rapped "got rice" hahahaha

Dope Dealer
02-11-2003, 09:13 PM
Yeah, he is a pretty good rapper.

Although you guys are right, he does sound like Eminem :)

Doesn't matter.... Eminem is one of the best MC's, ever.

van
02-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Jin can only freestyle/battle people. He can't write worth shit, he needs someone to Ghost write for him or his cd is gonna be a big blow to the nuts.

Zephyr
02-11-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by lammer
don't forget the guy that rapped "got rice" hahahaha

thats the most second most gay song i have ever heard....

gayest song ever is Merry Christmas from the Brady Bunch...:thumbsdow

Stratus_Power
02-11-2003, 09:32 PM
where can find some video of him free style rapping

van
02-11-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
if u dunno who is he : http://www.holla-front.com

EG STyLeZ
02-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
Jin's studio tracks are horrible. He's strictly a freestyle rapper...

Originally posted by defekt1
Jin can only freestyle/battle people. He can't write worth shit, he needs someone to Ghost write for him or his cd is gonna be a big blow to the nuts.

:werd: his songs are pretty weak.

EG STyLeZ
02-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

yeah didn't know he was asian. :rofl:
i think he's black/puerto rican

Hakkola
02-11-2003, 10:02 PM

Myabe he isn't, I just thought he was from what people said on another site, I've never heard his music or seen him.

Zephyr
02-11-2003, 10:03 PM
maybe the word "chino" mislead u......

Stratus_Power
02-11-2003, 10:41 PM
damn all the videos are down.. no wonder

Zephyr
02-11-2003, 10:46 PM
i only have one of his videos... if u have msn maybe i can send u it....

cocoabrova
02-12-2003, 07:58 PM
Foxy Brown is supposed to be like half filipino (if you can consider her a rapper :rolleyes: )
Yeah I can totally see it:confused::rofl: I heard that awhile ago but I also heard that Jay-Z was half-Flip too! And another :confused: :rofl:

sexualbanana
02-12-2003, 08:48 PM
then i'm part african :confused:

dj_honda
02-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
hes the champion freestyler, no one can beat him... kinda sad, on a black entertainment channel and the one dominating them is a chinese guy. pretty cool to see more asians comming up...

thats pretty naive to say no one can beat him......i am sure there are people out there that can beat him. they only get 7 weeks to rap before they are in the hall of fame and the fact is he is the second person in the hall of fame after shaheed the posterboy..not to mention half the people that battle the champions on BET suck.

i heard jin got beat in a T.O freestyle battle......i dunno if its true or not but i remember hearing from a friend.....

he is good at freestyling and thats about it.

l/l/rX
02-12-2003, 11:41 PM

He's not the only asian rapper out there... probably just the only one that's recognized by the mainstream. There's a few out there. The only ones I can think of at the moment is the Mountain Brothers and Nish Rawks (who's also Canadian). Foxy Brown is supposed to be like half filipino (if you can consider her a rapper :rolleyes: ). Plenty of asian DJ's out there though...

hey how about other azn rappers but in a different language? such as....yg family, or jay chou- ninja...those guys are good :D

Zephyr
02-13-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

hey how about other azn rappers but in a different language? such as....yg family, or jay chou- ninja...those guys are good :D

yg family is good, jay chou can't sing but he can write

___2PaC___
02-13-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Jin looks like a fag, just because you rap doens't mean you gotta dress like a bitch in all baby blue, he looks like a smurf.

:werd: :werd: :rofl: SMURF

Yes he sounds alot like Eminem...oh well