PDA

View Full Version : Pretzels!

Khyron
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Ok Market Mall used to have the best pretzels - Pretzelmaker (http://www.pretzelmaker.com/). But when they closed for renos the guy took the buyout and didn't come back. I found one other store in Kelona but it's been gone for a couple of years.

Saucy Bread Company ones are ok and pretty much the only option for me now.

The dark brown pretzels you get at hockey games or the stampede are disgusting.

Anyone know of any wicked pretzel places within a 3 hr driving range?

Khyron

snowboard
10-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Try making them on your own, cant be tooooooo hard? and alot easier than driving.

Khyron
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
Try making them on your own, cant be tooooooo hard? and alot easier than driving.

Attempted, and it was a disaster. I think a convection oven is required.

Khyron

Gurpy
10-02-2005, 08:15 PM
3 hours for pretzels?!?!?! That being said, only place I get them from is that bread company....they're good with the cheese *shrugs*

Weapon_R
10-02-2005, 08:17 PM
There's a place in west edm mall that has the exact same pretzels as the guy in market mall. No idea what the name is but its there.

JordanEG6
10-02-2005, 10:07 PM
i dont know if they have it in calgary, but Auntie Annes is the shit!! the best pretzels ever! almond and caramel are best! yum

Khyron
10-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
There's a place in west edm mall that has the exact same pretzels as the guy in market mall. No idea what the name is but its there.

Hrm I'll have to check next time I'm up there. Actually I had a few good ones at a few airports that were prepared in the same way, but I can't remember which ones.

Khyron

Davetronz
10-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Khyron dude, 3 hour drive for pretzels?! LOL....

Im in... VW cruise and meet!

Ben
10-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Davetronz
Khyron dude, 3 hour drive for pretzels?! LOL....

Im in... VW cruise and meet!

nuh uh!

VAG Cruise now. I'm game. It's been a while since I've had a good pretzel.

Khyron
10-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Well, so far it's looking grim as the closest ones are in Van or Idaho - but if WeaponR is right about West Ed Mall there's a little cruise for us. :drool:

I'm even having trouble finding a saucy bread company in the NE - the one downtown or at chinook are a bit far during work hours.

Khyron

Davetronz
10-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Meh, me and Ben will blow off work for pretzels... People can wait a while to get their damn broken comp shit fixed :D