PDA

View Full Version : Japanese BBQ

skandalz
10-03-2005, 10:34 AM
hey guys, does anyone know what that japanese place is called that's on macleod trail and advertises on A-channel? can't remember the name of it but they have a smoke-less japanese bbq. and if anyone has eaten there please let me know how it was. thanks!

skandalz
10-03-2005, 11:07 AM
bump... c'mon someone must know what i'm talking about

Kirbs17
10-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Palatal... its fucking good as hell. went there for my birthday, definatly recommend it! And also, if the grill gets a little crispy from some of meats that get stuck to it, they can give you a brand spanking new one for no charge

skandalz
10-03-2005, 04:03 PM
awesome, thanks :D

DarkDream
10-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Yah that place was pretty good although i didn't have what you mentioned....

We got the mongolian grill where you mix a whole bunch of stuff with noodles and you see them cook it.....

calgarys13
10-03-2005, 11:47 PM
werd on palatal

coujoe
10-04-2005, 03:55 AM
i went there when they first open, i thought it was the worst restaurant ever.... over priced food, the meat came out frozen, and were not marinated, even though the place look cool, but i thought the bbq was gross, perhaps they have improved, haven't gone back for 2 years now. I perfer the bbq place across from SAIT on 16 ave, even though their food are not necessary fresh...

dragonone
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf:
both of these places are gross

240droptop
10-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DarkDream

We got the mongolian grill where you mix a whole bunch of stuff with noodles and you see them cook it.....

mongoian grill and open sesame :thumbsup: :drool: :poosie: :thumbsup:

JordanEG6
10-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by skandalz
hey guys, does anyone know what that japanese place is called that's on macleod trail and advertises on A-channel? can't remember the name of it but they have a smoke-less japanese bbq. and if anyone has eaten there please let me know how it was. thanks!

jo mang, i ate there once, its not bad. korean bbq is way better IMO.

3g4me
10-05-2005, 09:46 AM
palatel is discusting, i have eaten there twice and both times i got sick.:barf: i dont fall for that shit anymore.

skandalz
10-05-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by coujoe
i went there when they first open, i thought it was the worst restaurant ever.... over priced food, the meat came out frozen, and were not marinated, even though the place look cool, but i thought the bbq was gross, perhaps they have improved, haven't gone back for 2 years now. I perfer the bbq place across from SAIT on 16 ave, even though their food are not necessary fresh...

:thumbsdow for the frozen meat, and the vegtables were over seasoned. nice concept but really bad produce. service was awesome though. but the food was :barf:

XTC323
09-21-2006, 01:23 PM
*WARNING* Everyone - just a head's up - I went to Sushi BBQ Inn on 16th avenue across from SAIT in the NW and the most f**ked up thing happened - I asked for more tea twice (nicely) to the waitress - and they got pissed off and I saw them spit into my teapot - after which, they brought it back to my table and pretended like nothing happened!!!!!!

That's disgusting and disturbing!!!

So warning, do not go there because you don't know what else they could be doing to your food behind closed doors... and that was just because I asked for more tea.

Besides, Sushi Ichiban on Mcleod Trail has waaaaay better service and waaaaay better food. Plus they don't spit in your food either.

rage2
09-21-2006, 01:25 PM
^^^ that's like that at EVERY restaurant. Watch waiting... don't fuck with the people that handle your food! :rofl:

clem24
09-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Ick, I haven't been to that Sushi BBQ Inn since the name change. Ichiban is disgusting as well. I think to myself, why bother paying for all you can eat when a. ) they like to drop orders and b.) for a couple more bucks, I can get what I actually want from a real sushi place and it tastes better too.

But speaking of all you can eat, has anyone tried the AYCE at Taketomi Village across from T&T?