PDA

View Full Version : Who here hates cops as much as I do?

GDCivicSi
02-11-2003, 09:29 PM
I never really liked PIGS before, but after this incidence, I can say I hate all them with a passion. My mom borrowed my car last week and got pulled over for the 2 most stupidest reasons in the world. While she was heading to downtown on deerfoot, I guess the cop thought my car was kinda suspicious and so followed her for couple blocks (happens to me every time I drive). Anywayz, as soon as she exited off on Memorial, the cop pulls her over. The reason: because she was going 5km under the limit on a very snowy and wet evening. Who here doesn't slow down, when a cop is following them? On top of that, they made up some BS fine and gave her a $150 ticket for some decals I have on my car! In conclusion, the cop gave me $225 in tickets simply because he had nothing better to do then to pick on a modified import.

Why must cops always think you're up to no good when you drive a modified car?:guns:

szw
02-11-2003, 09:32 PM
if you are telling the truth, it shouldn't be hard to get those tickets thrown out.

RGAGT
02-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Exactly If it's the Truth Take it to court and have it thrown out

Blue Devil 2
02-11-2003, 09:41 PM
I don't understand what the "decal ticket" is for?

Ben
02-11-2003, 09:49 PM
I find this pretty hard to believe and wont believe it untill I see a pic of your car, the tickets and who they were made out for and what the charges are on the ticket.

EG STyLeZ
02-11-2003, 09:49 PM
yeah you can probably get the tickets removed, but it's still a hassle. fuckin pigs

KoukiS14
02-11-2003, 09:50 PM
The whole fact of the matter is why should any of us have to waste our time and effort to go to court over :bullshit: tickets.

Cops need to put their efforts into fightin real criminals.

We should start up a petition to get this to stop.

RSeXy
02-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by szw
if you are telling the truth, it shouldn't be hard to get those tickets thrown out.

:werd:

it seems hard to believe that he would give a ticket for being 5km's under? i mean, that's not reckless driving at all.

the things that peeves me is the people who drive10 or even 20km under the limit on deerfoot!

2.2vtec
02-11-2003, 10:08 PM
Don't worry I probably hate the more then you Fi gi:thumbsup:

RiceCake
02-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Sigh... what's up with these cops lately??? :dunno:

Lo)2enz0
02-11-2003, 10:38 PM
I have met some nice cops and some true basterd cops. Like this one cop that took care of one of my brothers crashs pulls my dad over when ever he see's him. But there was this one hot cop (mid 20's) that pulled me over and let me go for speeding in a playground and going a chinese fire drill and not making back before the light turned green and she just said it was stupid and let me go, ya she was a nice cop.

Laurier

Importz
02-11-2003, 10:59 PM
What did your decal say??

Weapon_R
02-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I find this pretty hard to believe and wont believe it untill I see a pic of your car, the tickets and who they were made out for and what the charges are on the ticket.

And do you think he cares enough to make sure that you know all of this or something before he is assured u believe him?

:rofl:

szw
02-11-2003, 11:08 PM
I sure didn't I couldn't care less if the cop raped his mother.

Actually i'd be a little concerned....heh

Maxt
02-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Smells a little BS'ey to me...
Anyway, I just thought I would add the following..
I don't particularly agree with the tactics alot of cops use to enforce the law, or in some cases use the law as a political or economic tool to better their labour agreements, the law is not conditional to how happy a cop is with his job nor is it conditional to how much they are being paid for not paid, I believe the should be more professional than that, however sometimes in Calgary in the past, they have not been so.
The law is not also suppose to be a source of taxation.

However, Police are neccesary to keep law and order. And we all have run ins with them, but to defend the police, I have seen alot of Jackasses from this forum on the road, and yes, some of you are breaking the law blatantly, and have little regard for the general rules of the road, and when you bitch about Popo pulling you over for driving like a complete tit, its probably because you were being a complete tit. I was 16,17,18, 19 and 20 once as well, I know what its like to be a jackass and feel cool doing it, but some of these threads are just so fucking stupid...
"I was minding my own business cruising with a buddy with the tunes playing" is the typical story....

More like.....

" I had the stereo cranked with the windows down so everyone would look at me, and we were doing dry hops in the middle of Mcleod trail to show how cool my indigo limp dick purple headlights look when my car has an epyleptic attack, and the cops came out of nowhere"....

No you dumbasses, they were right behind you for the last 15 minutes, watching you make an ass of yourself in traffic...And they got you dead to rights...

If you are gonna play, you have to pay....Maxt

civic_stylez
02-11-2003, 11:28 PM
its all because of the people dying in vancouver and ontario because of street racing. my friends dad is a cop and theyve started a new anti street racing policy which involves heavier fines and more suspensions, so theyre all gung ho on imports now, hopefully it fades away when they get a new assignment. so watch your ass guys!!

Weapon_R
02-11-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
Smells a little BS'ey to me...
Anyway, I just thought I would add the following..
I don't particularly agree with the tactics alot of cops use to enforce the law, or in some cases use the law as a political or economic tool to better their labour agreements, the law is not conditional to how happy a cop is with his job nor is it conditional to how much they are being paid for not paid, I believe the should be more professional than that, however sometimes in Calgary in the past, they have not been so.
The law is not also suppose to be a source of taxation.

However, Police are neccesary to keep law and order. And we all have run ins with them, but to defend the police, I have seen alot of Jackasses from this forum on the road, and yes, some of you are breaking the law blatantly, and have little regard for the general rules of the road, and when you bitch about Popo pulling you over for driving like a complete tit, its probably because you were being a complete tit. I was 16,17,18, 19 and 20 once as well, I know what its like to be a jackass and feel cool doing it, but some of these threads are just so fucking stupid...
"I was minding my own business cruising with a buddy with the tunes playing" is the typical story....

More like.....

" I had the stereo cranked with the windows down so everyone would look at me, and we were doing dry hops in the middle of Mcleod trail to show how cool my indigo limp dick purple headlights look when my car has an epyleptic attack, and the cops came out of nowhere"....

No you dumbasses, they were right behind you for the last 15 minutes, watching you make an ass of yourself in traffic...And they got you dead to rights...

If you are gonna play, you have to pay....Maxt

You're probably a cop.

2.2vtec
02-11-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

You're probably a cop.

Yeah or his dad is.

Everyone sing along: "fuck the police, fuck the police, FUCK EM"!:guns:

2.2vtec
02-11-2003, 11:40 PM

However, Police are neccesary to keep law and order. And we all have run ins with them, but to defend the police, I have seen alot of Jackasses from this forum on the road, and yes, some of you are breaking the law blatantly, and have little regard for the general rules of the road,

If you are gonna play, you have to pay....Maxt [/B]

Sorry officer

:poosie:

missblondie
02-11-2003, 11:53 PM
I am not sure about that decal ticket... according to the traffic act you can have all three back windows covered in decals as long as you have driver and passenger rearview mirrors.. If that really was the reason for the ticket you should take it to court.. that doesn't make any sense.:dunno:

mrmattyk
02-11-2003, 11:56 PM
I know someone who said he got a stunting ticket for his decal. Isn't that the most ridicolous thing you've heard? He fought it and won apparently :tongue:

Glowrider
02-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Cops are necessary. As with every group of people, there are going to be a few bad apples, that doesn't make them all bad.

I bet if I came on here and said "I hate niggers (or Asians, or Spanish, or French) because one treated me bad.", I'd get flamed left and right, and probably banned from the board. It would be generalizing the majority based on the actions of a few. It just doesn't make sense.

I see at the races all the time, these fuckin ricer morons spinning tires all over the place, and laying on their horns trying to be funny. Then they wonder why the get pulled over.

If I was a cop, I'd be at the local races every night nailing all those idiots, it would be a field day.

I've gotten messed up tickets before. I got a ticket for speeding up when a cop was riding my ass at night, with no lights on. How the fuck was I supposed to know he was a cop? It's impossible, but I just gave the ticket to my lawyer and he took care of it, and I went on with my life. I didn't jump on a message board and rant about how much I hate cops. That's ridiculous.

Bottom line, yeah, people fuck up. Some people are assholes, it's a way of life. Take care of your shit and quit whining. Grow up.

sexualbanana
02-12-2003, 12:02 AM
i'm gonna agree with maxt on this one. we all do sstupid shit. i've gone way over the speed limit on occasions, i've ran reds by accidents, all that. frankly, i'm surprised i haven't gotten a ticket.

second of all, i've never been pulled over by a cop. especially for anything like my car looks suspicious, so i think 1 of 2 things occurred here;
1.) the cop was just driving behind your mom because they happen to be on the same road at the same time (it happens)
2.) the driver or something around the car (possibly another car) drew some extra attention.

boi-alien
02-12-2003, 12:17 AM
<snipped>
&quot;I was minding my own business cruising with a buddy with the tunes playing&quot; is the typical story....

More like.....

&quot; I had the stereo cranked with the windows down so everyone would look at me, and we were doing dry hops in the middle of Mcleod trail to show how cool my indigo limp dick purple headlights look when my car has an epyleptic attack, and the cops came out of nowhere&quot;....<snipped>

his mom was driving, and i'm sure she wasn't trying to do dry hops in the snow. i really doubt she was doing anything bad.. most asian moms drive on the safe side, which would explain the 5 under. all i'm saying, read what he wrote, he never said he was driving, it was his MOM that got the ticket

RiceCake
02-12-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by crxboi

his mom was driving, and i'm sure she wasn't trying to do dry hops in the snow. i really doubt she was doing anything bad.. most asian moms drive on the safe side, which would explain the 5 under. all i'm saying, read what he wrote, he never said he was driving, it was his MOM that got the ticket

:werd: I mean maybe the title wasn't the best choice, but I mean those tickets that he described seems to be real :bullshit: tix.

Glowrider
02-12-2003, 12:43 AM
it was his MOM that got the ticket

Maybe his mom is a closet ricer? If she is, she could hang out with my mom. :)

GDCivicSi
02-12-2003, 12:57 AM
We're definitely taking this to court. Its just such a hassle and a waste of time. There was NO need for that damn pig to do all that. If he thought the car looked suspicious, he could have simply pulled the car over and asked for the license and registration. Not only was that bad enough, as soon as she got home, I got couple hrs worth of lectures of how its sooo stupid and not worth modifying a car.

Ben
02-12-2003, 12:59 AM
Heh, my parents are always like "So whats next? Anything new?"

GDCivicSi
02-12-2003, 01:10 AM
I still don't understand the $150 decal ticket. Did the cop simply make it up on the spot? I know my body decal is a bit flashly, but he can't give me ticket for it. Every single cop car has decals all over it. What about all those huge ass Coke and McDonald trucks. What about those vans with billboards attached to it. Its just a little advertising, whats the big deal?
Not sure how I can post a pic of the decal.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.gravitydynamics.com/GDcivicsi1.jpg

szw
02-12-2003, 01:31 AM
what's the actual charge on the ticket say?

RSeXy
02-12-2003, 01:33 AM
what about those "back the blue" stickers that the police give out to stick on your car? i'm sure they wouldn't give you a ticket for decals if you had a couple of those plastered over the car!

girlRACER
02-12-2003, 01:39 AM
GDCivicSi,
I saw you a few days ago driving on Campus in that playground zone.

Are you going to fight the ticket?

Ed the SOHC
02-12-2003, 01:44 AM
I've been pulled over many times by cops for no reason but they've never given me a ticket... sometimes they don't even explain why they pull me over. :dunno: They just take my insurance and registration info, check it, and come back and say "have a nice day". wtf??? :confused: It gets annoying but I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.

Redlyne_mr2
02-12-2003, 01:47 AM
Studies have found that a large percentage of police officers have anger management problems. It isn't very hard to become a cop so you're not always dealing with the most intelligent civil servants. A good friend of mine was actually followed by an off duty officer then yelled at when she wasn't even at fault..I've found that the larger the city the dumber the cops

kenny
02-12-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by GDCivicSi
Why must cops always think you're up to no good when you drive a modified car?:guns:

Here you are complaining that cops treat all drivers of modified cars unfairly but at the same time, you're doing the EXACT same thing. Just because ONE cop pulled your mom over and wrote some BS tickets, you label ALL cops the same way.

There have been numerous occasions where I have been pulled over and let off without tickets. (ex. made a little noise while taking corner downtown). I have been warned on deerfoot for going 120 (flashed lights for a few seconds). Heck, there have been numerous times where there thankfully wasn't a cop around! thats why you won't see me bitching about how the cop that gave me a ticket was an asshole for doing his job.

Think about it. :thumbsdow

5.9 R/T
02-12-2003, 04:55 AM
If you don't want cops to follow you, don't plaster your car with decals, bodykits, lights, and so on and so forth. What's the point of these things anyways? To get attention. Well now you got it and your complaining about it?

In the words of Justin Timberlake;

"Cry me a river"

mwmhong
02-12-2003, 09:03 AM
GDCivicSi,

I remember seeing your car coming down Shagannappi Trail, what surprised me was how slow you were driving.
Most ric..umm modified cars race DOWNHILL on Shag trying to look fast, so you seemed the exception and not the rule at the time. :)

Those decals do get attention, which is good because it looks like it's advertising for a legit business.
But as 5.9 R/T said, decals on a civic=cop bait=cop hate.
Quite the dilemma. :dunno:
Maybe just keep the website logos and get rid of the others?

And I don't hate/dislike cops. :)

B17a
02-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
If you don't want cops to follow you, don't plaster your car with decals, bodykits, lights, and so on and so forth. What's the point of these things anyways? To get attention. Well now you got it and your complaining about it?

&quot;Cry me a river&quot;

:werd: Agree 100%. I don't know how many times this topic has come up here and I keep saying the same thing. I live in the same damn city and guess what, I haven't gotten pulled over for no reason which tells me either I don't drive anywhere or my car and/or driving habits aren't exactly eye catchers. Everyone bitches about cops, well I'd like to see how half of you would react spending a day putting up with punk 16 year olds wannabe street racers, domestic disputes, drunk assholes, crack whores, etc. etc. We should be so lucky, we could have corrupt cops like in New Orleans, or bad ass Mark Fuhrmans of the LAPD beating us down. So to end my rant, it's not them, its you that is the cause!

G
02-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by GDCivicSi
I still don't understand the $150 decal ticket. Did the cop simply make it up on the spot? I know my body decal is a bit flashly, but he can't give me ticket for it. Every single cop car has decals all over it. What about all those huge ass Coke and McDonald trucks. What about those vans with billboards attached to it. Its just a little advertising, whats the big deal?
Not sure how I can post a pic of the decal.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.gravitydynamics.com/GDcivicsi1.jpg

I'd pay the $150 if I had decals like that.

yakish
02-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by RGAGT
Exactly If it's the Truth Take it to court and have it thrown out
yeah these fucking bastards are really annoying:thumbsdow

Weapon_R
02-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Show us the picture of the ticket, not your car. We definately believe there are still cars with decals all over them but we want to see what the TICKET charges you with.

TEG_G2
02-12-2003, 10:36 AM
1 of my friends got pulled over by a cop, a couple of weeks ago.
He was driving one of his friends home like around 2 or 3 am on a wednesday morning, coming back from Denny's.
They where in the falconridge area by a 4 way stop, and all of a sudden, a cop pulls up behind him and tells him to pull over.
He comes up to the driver's side window and asks my friend for his license and registration. There was 2 cops in the car and went to check it out. After, that he says some BS reason that his car is not registered and they have warrants for his arrest.
So they took him in there car and started asking him so much sh*t questions like do u have any dope or needles on u, take it out now, do u have any tatoos and are you vietnamese.
He told them the where he going and where he came from. While my buddy's friend had to walk the rest home.
He told me the older cop was racist and the younger one was a little bit nicer.
So, they didn't believe his story and they took him to the downtown district police office and he got his car towed down to the impound which is a stock 2001 prelude se.
They questioned him more and after that they released him.
They drove him home but didn't even drop him off at his house, so he still had to walk home and plus pay $$ from his pocket to get his car back from the impound and they gave him a $250 ticket. He also has to show proof of insurance and go to court.
Now, that is why I hate cops for reasons like that, pulling u over with some bs reason.

yakish
02-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Show us the picture of the ticket, not your car. We definately believe there are still cars with decals all over them but we want to see what the TICKET charges you with.
yeah I'd like to see that ticket

B17a
02-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by TEG_G2
He also has to show prof of insurance and go to court.
Now, that is why I hate cops for reasons like that, pulling u over with some bs reason.

So, did he have proof of insurance in his car or not? And did he have warrants for unpaid tickets or something??:dunno: If the answer is yes to any of these questions.......see my previous post.

G
02-12-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by B17a

So, did he have proof of insurance in his car or not? And did he have warrants for unpaid tickets or something??:dunno: If the answer is yes to any of these questions.......see my previous post.

Exactly! It clearly states that a car needs to be registered and insured and the papers kept with the car. If you don't have insurance and/or registration then your friends deserves a ticket. I have never had a problem with police. I use to get a ticket a month for tinted windows on my lude but I never complained because I know I broke the law. Stop bitching about the police. They are doing their job. You say that they pull you over for no reason but what if they pulled over someone who is about to committ a crime at your house? Then you would be all appreciative about the police. If you don't like the police you should never use their services even if your house got robbed our you get your ass kicked by thugs.

You guys are all fucking bitches

TEG_G2
02-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by B17a

Yes, he did have proof of insurance and registration and no unpaid parking tickets.
They still gave him a ticket. They told him he had warrants, but didn't tell him for what.
I guess, when they see a young asian in a honda etc.
they suspect there doing something wrong especially late in the morning like that but not all asians are like that.
So it's just wrong.

G
02-12-2003, 11:14 AM

Yes, he did have proof of insurance and registration.
They still gave him a ticket. They told him he had warrants, but didn't tell him for what.
I guess, when they see an asian in a honda etc.
they suspect there doing something wrong especially late in the morning like that but not all asians are like that.
So it's just wrong.

I am so sick of hearing because I'm asian and driving an import.....it's getting as bad a the states where all african americans cry racists this racist that when they don't get their way.

G
02-12-2003, 11:17 AM
If you are clean and have nothing to hide so what if the police pulls you over for a few minutes? I would gladly pull over to make the city a better place.

TEG_G2
02-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by G

Exactly! It clearly states that a car needs to be registered and insured and the papers kept with the car. If you don't have insurance and/or registration then your friends deserves a ticket. I have never had a problem with police. I use to get a ticket a month for tinted windows on my lude but I never complained because I know I broke the law. Stop bitching about the police. They are doing their job. You say that they pull you over for no reason but what if they pulled over someone who is about to committ a crime at your house? Then you would be all appreciative about the police. If you don't like the police you should never use their services even if your house got robbed our you get your ass kicked by thugs.

You guys are all fucking bitches

For me, I've never gotten a ticket for something like that but the fact is, It's good the cops do their jobs like stopping criminals and other shit and I give them credit for that but it isn't right for harassing people and pulling them over for doing nothing wrong.
I never said I hated the police but hated them for doing stuff like that.

Ben
02-12-2003, 11:39 AM

I never said I hated the police but hated them for doing stuff like that.

Now, that is why I hate cops

TEG_G2
02-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Ben

:rolleyes: Now, that is why I hate cops for reasons like that, pulling you over with some bs reason is what I posted.

rage2
02-12-2003, 11:52 AM
After, that he says some BS reason that his car is not registered and they have warrants for his arrest.

I've been arrested before for an outstanding warrant. The cop didn't tell me what it was until I asked him. Turns out you can get a warrant issued to you if you have over $300 (or was it $500?) of unpaid tickets to your name, meaning speeding tickets (Parking tickets are to your car, so that just affects registration renewal). Car didn't get towed, they just left it where I got arrested, and they didn't give me a ride home or back to the car. This was in the middle of winter, and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Moral of the story, I deserved it, it was my fault I didn't pay my tickets. Cops were just doing their jobs.

ninjak84
02-12-2003, 01:19 PM
Yeah, after getting all my tickets, I started to hate police too.
Then it struck me that I was the moron, not them.

It's their job.

HRD2PLZ
02-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Like others on here I have had my share of tickets and warnings. Its the officers job to look after the general public. Distractions can be a hazard to other drivers. This doesn't mean I agree with some of the fines they give out but, :dunno: if its a problem to you then fight it. I got a ticket for driving without a seatbelt and no matter what the law says I feel its my life, and I'll do what I want with it. But by not wearing my seatbelt, I know I am breaking the law and therefore I am fully prepared for the consequences of my actions in the event I get pulled over.

sexualbanana
02-12-2003, 01:45 PM

I guess, when they see a young asian in a honda etc.

i'm asian, i drive a done up (well, i try) honda. i've never been pulled over, so don't use that as an excuse.

if all this IS bs, why not tell newspapers, tv stations, lawyers, etc? i'm sure they'd be happy to help.

90_Shelby
02-12-2003, 07:53 PM
I like cops they catch bad guys.

Weapon_R
02-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by rage2
(or was it $500?) of unpaid tickets to your name,

It's $500. Happened to me too.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-13-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by G

I'd pay the $150 if I had decals like that.

LOL

MistaBrent
02-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Cry me a river

And this tops the GAY meter at 99.9% . Ever think of moving to San Francisco. FAIRY

sexualbanana
02-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by MistaBrent

And this tops the GAY meter at 99.9% . Ever think of moving to San Francisco. FAIRY

wow that came outta nowhere

Ben
02-13-2003, 06:02 PM

It's $500. Happened to me too.

Confirmed.

lilboykorea
02-14-2003, 01:24 PM
hey r u kelvin lau's brother?
im guess u are
u got a nice car!

Dave P
02-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

It's their job.

Originally posted by 90_Shelby
I like cops they catch bad guys.

:werd:

rx7_turbo2
02-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

It's their job.
Finally an intelligent comment.

Those of you with Beyond.ca stickers and decals all over their car should be carefull. I've seen more than a handfull of you driving like total asses. How long do you think it's going to take the cops to make a connection between dickhead drivers and members of this forum? Just something to think about.

Glowrider
02-15-2003, 02:43 PM
How long do you think it's going to take the cops to make a connection between dickhead drivers and members of this forum?

Good point, stickers are identifying marks. If you've got stickers all over your car, it just makes you stick out more, you don't blend into traffic as well, making it easier for police to spot you and pick on you.

R-Audi
02-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Not to cause any racial problems, but from what I hear, the majority of he Calgary "gang" problem is Vietnamese. If it is a suspicious car, with an Asian driver, that could be a reason. I am not saying it's right, but how are you going to feel when someone you know is a victim of a drive-by shooting or someting similiar. There is a method to their madness, although it may not please everyone.

mwmhong
02-16-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Not to cause any racial problems, but from what I hear, the majority of he Calgary &quot;gang&quot; problem is Vietnamese. If it is a suspicious car, with an Asian driver, that could be a reason. I am not saying it's right, but how are you going to feel when someone you know is a victim of a drive-by shooting or someting similiar. There is a method to their madness, although it may not please everyone.

Correct. Profiling IS effective in terms of focusing law enforcement efforts.
The problem is that people who fall into the profile often feel they are being discriminated against by the police.

What can you do?:dunno:

Glowrider
02-17-2003, 12:03 AM
LOL 82_tercel got OWNED ^^^

lammer
02-17-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

wow that came outta nowhere

haha hes been popping up so much latley and cursing and shit.