PDA

View Full Version : body shop familiar with bmws?

three.eighteen.
10-03-2005, 06:17 PM
like the title says, my car is finally getting back on the road, looking for quality body shop that isnt in a rush...suggestions?

Kaos
10-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Screamin' Paintworks
Highly recommended!

Ben
10-04-2005, 09:04 AM
If Anyone from Screamin Paintworks reads this thread, can you pm me with a means to contact you, as all other attempts have left me unacknowledged.

Thanks.

teggypimp95
10-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I worked for BMW for a year, and we sent all our cars to marranellos, they have done the best work i have ever seen, only guy in calgary licenced to paint ferreries and lambos.

lastprodigy
10-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Maranello or Contemporary....however i dont think those will fit your criteria of having the time as you would like as all of those places are probably getting busier as the snow starts to come down

tapout
10-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
I worked for BMW for a year, and we sent all our cars to marranellos, they have done the best work i have ever seen, only guy in calgary licenced to paint ferreries and lambos. :werd: :thumbsup:

three.eighteen.
10-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Kaos
Screamin' Paintworks
Highly recommended!

how can i get a hold of these guys? cant find them after internet search or phone book even

Weapon_R
10-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Maranello's is a good body shop. There is no need to be 'familiar' with BMWs. They are made of the same metals that most cars are made of.

Kaos
10-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Screamin' Paintworks
291-3171
Ask for Dan

A2VR6
10-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Isnt Continental in the NE by the coast plaza a BMW body shop? or alteast a european car one? I brought my VW over there when it needed some work and they did one heck of a job!

Redlyne_mr2
10-04-2005, 09:17 PM
I second Screamin paint works...kick ass quality

FiveFreshFish
10-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
There is no need to be 'familiar' with BMWs. They are made of the same metals that most cars are made of.

I disagree because it's better if they are familiar with the type of car to be repaired/painted. Things like the type of factory paint used, history or inconsistencies between models years, etc. would be VERY useful. Manufacturers use different thickness of sheet metal and different compositions. Some Audis use aluminum where steel is the norm for other manufacturers. Some body shops remove some parts to paint instead of straight masking.

A shop specializing in your make always has an advantage over one that rarely sees your make. If they know your car, they'll spend less time figuring things out and there's less chance of a fuck up.

AllGoNoShow
10-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

I disagree because it's better if they are familiar with the type of car to be repaired/painted. Things like the type of factory paint used, history or inconsistencies between models years, etc. would be VERY useful. Manufacturers use different thickness of sheet metal and different compositions. Some Audis use aluminum where steel is the norm for other manufacturers. Some body shops remove some parts to paint instead of straight masking.

A shop specializing in your make always has an advantage over one that rarely sees your make. If they know your car, they'll spend less time figuring things out and there's less chance of a fuck up.

Amen!

Avoid Deerfoot Auto Pro at ALL costs!

Heard very good things about National but am unsure on their knowledge of BMW's

three.eighteen.
10-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

my thoughts exactly, i dont want some guy that is gonna take my car apart and have to figure out how to put it back together